Improving 328i '00 handling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bikerz

Club Guest
my ride now is stock standard and yes, it is comfort, but i feel the body roll a lot. the ride's look also a bit funny to me, thus i'm thinking to lower it a bit.What mod should i do? without sacrificing a lot of comfort but can take corner confidently. how about anti-roll bar and spring. Is this mod enough? what brand and model should i choose? bmw m3?

increase the size of anti-roll bar will reduce your bodyroll during a turn but no sacrificing in comfort.
choosing a shorter spring will
1. drop your cG (center of Gravity) thus giving a better feel during a turn (and weight transfer)
2. shorter spring will reduce wheel travel during bumps/cornering. This provide a faster respone but sacrifice comfort.

Eibach is popular choice. H&R , Tein, Koni and others are okay too.

how about anti roll bar? use m3 good? can i use this mod with my stock absorber?

Do remember to pair your lower spring with the right absorber and try not to use your ori absorber with the new short spring.

so, if lowered with eibach spring, what absorber is recommended? b8?

The best mod to improve a car's handling is to upgrade the sway bars.

The next thing is to increase the caster, which you will need some after market plates, or get the ///M3 top mounts. Not sure for the E46, but the E36 ///M3 mounts will fit into any normal E36 (with -2ve camber :) ). The increase in caster will help the car's turn in ability in mid corner and further reduce any understeer.

Springs and absorbers are next. But this will trickly as generally you will be sacrificing comfort for performance. A good setup shall retain some comfort but imporves the car's sharpness and agility.

Good luck.

M3 is fine but pricey. If you are okay with the price, why not ? :)
Yes, you can mix match anti-roll bar and absorber without harm, but result is different.

I recall someone said Bilstein B8 is harsh .. try B6.
I am using Coilover system.

ya bro.. b8 quite harsh... im good wt the performance but my interior is falling apart ;) ie, A pillars..etc etc,,

ya lah barb... now change to e46 328....

barb, u must know how sharp is stock celica rite? i'm building my e46 to have that kind of handling...

if you want that kind of "sharp", raise your steering ratio, use thinner tire, and increase the roll stiffness. Tada !! :D

ok, so i decided to get b8, eibach spring, and anti roll bar

1)what brand for anti-roll bar that u all suggest? eibach, h&r?

2)can i know the eibach spring model name that match wit b8?

3) what is the price roughly for the item above, and where can i get it? any recommended shop?

if i change the rim to 17 inch, will it reduce the gap from the fender and tyre?

bcoz i was thinking, if change wheel can reduce the gap, then no need to change spring and absorber, juz do the ARB

-update- call some shop n they recommend me b12. they said same like b8 but come wit spring, no need to buy separate spring

any comment?

my car 328 e46 feel the same situation too...need help any opinion.....pls help me....master...very shaky while driving highway........

Top Bottom