Handling 101: Reduce Body Roll - ARB or shocks first?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tIANcI;791486 said:
aidjil ... How come H&R only one size for non M3? I thought must be different for 4 potter and 6 potter? Interesting ya?

4 potter E46 doesn't exist in US market

Or maybe if the M3 ARB can fit easily in non M3 then they will only produce one..

aidilj;791446 said:
Bro Wingzee, thanks for posting this. Just changed my shocks and after reading the comments made me read more on sway bar and understood how it can help handling.

Seems that H&R being adjustable could be a plus where you could play around with the settings in the future.

Could it also be that the stock sway bar causes the car to lean on one side?

Bro, which shocks you're on now? I thought of replacing all my 4 shocks to Bilstein B4 and get the H&R ARB.

wingzee;791739 said:
Bro, which shocks you're on now? I thought of replacing all my 4 shocks to Bilstein B4 and get the H&R ARB.

Stock absorber Bro, Boge automatic :22:

aidilj;791743 said:

I should have known otherwise I will just go for Bilstein B4, now with B6 I feel it's bumpy and the car has lost its BMW character of luxury convertible

aidilj;791743 said:

I have done a lot of reading on body rolls and the common comments are ARBs are the one which reduce body rolls, springs to a certain extend but not the shocks at all. But since my rear shocks are old anyway so they shall be replaced. Might go with Boge Automatic or B4 but then the H&R ARB is a must. :)

this is interesting. I feel that i'm in the same boat as bro wingzee in terms of what is next to do: HU (dynavin) / shocks (currently running on stock msport sachs on all 4 with msport springs) / ARB. One has got to give out of the 3, or at least postponed to a later date hehe.

The shocks might have to go first since they have been on the car since day 1. However, i'm not too sure if it needs to be changed immediately as i feel it is still fine, despite the age. Can anybody give a pointer on how to detect early failure of shocks? Or should i just go change it based on age?

Sorry wingzee, ter"hijack" your thread kejap hehe.

swansonsz;791764 said:
this is interesting. I feel that i'm in the same boat as bro wingzee in terms of what is next to do: HU (dynavin) / shocks (currently running on stock msport sachs on all 4 with msport springs) / ARB. One has got to give out of the 3, or at least postponed to a later date hehe.

The shocks might have to go first since they have been on the car since day 1. However, i'm not too sure if it needs to be changed immediately as i feel it is still fine, despite the age. Can anybody give a pointer on how to detect early failure of shocks? Or should i just go change it based on age?

Sorry wingzee, ter"hijack" your thread kejap hehe.

Are the shocks still in good condition ie. any leaks? My fronts are 2 years old while the rears are already 8 years old, although there seem to be no sign of leaking but it do felt soft.

wingzee;791765 said:
Are the shocks still in good condition ie. any leaks? My fronts are 2 years old while the rears are already 8 years old, although there seem to be no sign of leaking but it do felt soft.

No visible leaks on all. Rear right is missing rubber sleeve, all stoppers show visible crack and maybe brittle.

The lowest ride height of the car is also on the rear right. Not sure if that is a sign of the shock giving away.

this is a bit off topic but in my mind could have been contributed by the old shocks: when i take slow corners i.e. going up or down covered parking lots... there seem to be some creaking sound from the rear part of the car. Again, not sure what it is.

swansonsz;791771 said:
No visible leaks on all. Rear right is missing rubber sleeve, all stoppers show visible crack and maybe brittle.

The lowest ride height of the car is also on the rear right. Not sure if that is a sign of the shock giving away.

this is a bit off topic but in my mind could have been contributed by the old shocks: when i take slow corners i.e. going up or down covered parking lots... there seem to be some creaking sound from the rear part of the car. Again, not sure what it is.

Creaking sound are common in our car, it's due to dirt or harden rubber parts, not necessary the shocks must leak to be damage. Best way is to test another car of similar setup if theirs feel better means yours has gone bad.

Am lucky to have good buddies like iceduke and wingzee :)

Is it true that putting arb on d car can give more power ar? My friend friend say he put the tai sai arb and now d car can very fast zoom to 200.

ramsing;792217 said:
Is it true that putting arb on d car can give more power ar? My friend friend say he put the tai sai arb and now d car can very fast zoom to 200.

Your fren is totally mistaken, its very untrue that ARBs will give better power, it only gives better handling la. There is no truth to it at all. You can only get more power if you attach a M badge to your car. That itself will make the car VERY much faster. You cannot believe the amount of improvement.

Even better with the MPower engine cover and the oil cap. It dramatically reduces the overall weight of the engine as well as shifts the balance of the engine to provide better center of gravity. there was special space tech molecules is the original Mpower cover and oil cap that shifts that weight as well as redirect the engine oil during active cornering to provide better weight distribution.
For more information please call 1-800-IceMan68. He can help you source for them

slyder;792221 said:
Another Bird says if you put Ghee the car have extra 33 NM torque. :p Even better with the MPower engine cover and the oil cap. It dramatically reduces the overall weight of the engine as well as shifts the balance of the engine to provide better center of gravity. there was special space tech molecules is the original Mpower cover and oil cap that shifts that weight as well as redirect the engine oil during active cornering to provide better weight distribution.
For more information please call 1-800-IceMan68. He can help you source for them

oh no wonder iceman68 car so powerderful. ghee + m cap + arb. now i know his secret. he never share his secrets, everytime i ask how to make more power, he ask me to bend over and hold my ankles tight!!!!

tIANcI;792233 said:
Your fren is totally mistaken, its very untrue that ARBs will give better power, it only gives better handling la. There is no truth to it at all. You can only get more power if you attach a M badge to your car. That itself will make the car VERY much faster. You cannot believe the amount of improvement.

ahh..now i understand. so the m-badges is actually the secret. no wonder la. ok, i will buy a few and stick on each rim. that should make it much faster. will also stick the 'Tuned by ///M' windshield stickers on both front and back. now i can finally join your weekend drives and see the tailights of the slowest car in the group :D

ramsing;792245 said:
oh no wonder iceman68 car so powerderful. ghee + m cap + arb. now i know his secret. he never share his secrets, everytime i ask how to make more power, he ask me to bend over and hold my ankles tight!!!!

ahh..now i understand. so the m-badges is actually the secret. no wonder la. ok, i will buy a few and stick on each rim. that should make it much faster. will also stick the 'Tuned by ///M' windshield stickers on both front and back. now i can finally join your weekend drives and see the tailights of the slowest car in the group :D

ha ha ha ??????????!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE
ahh..now i understand. so the m-badges is actually the secret. no wonder la. ok, i will buy a few and stick on each rim. that should make it much faster. will also stick the 'Tuned by ///M' windshield stickers on both front and back. now i can finally join your weekend drives and see the tailights of the slowest car in the group :D[/QUOTE]

"wow" like tis wan 2 arrange group buy lor..LOL

Top Bottom