Garmin Nuvi GPS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
affan66;343463 said:
just got my garmin from the States. will check out it out how it works with my car that has V-kool tint on it.

spoke to a garmin guy at an exhibition b4 he said those units made for US market has weaker reception due to stronger satellite signal there but i guess its salesman (bullshit) talk to get us to buy the local units which are more expensive. let us know the outcome then...seem that we've 2 option which is to cut a hole in your v-cool tint or install an external antenna...

mine work fine (Garmin Nuvi 310) in cheapo tint, RikeCool RC80 tint, SCool tint and 3M (Crytalline 70 and 4Mil) tints.

braders, need help. Got my 205W w US/Mexico maps. Now, I'd like to dload malsing. I have already registered as a forummer. What do I do next? Can someone please give me some quick pointers? Been browsing the forums but a bit blur in the head at the moment. I blame it on the jet lag. Thanks all.

I have my SD card ready to dload too.

folks, need help la..

I downloaded the free version of the malsingmaps and extracted the .img file onto my SD card. Plugged it into my garmin and I can see the files (US map and Malaysia/SG map). Then, I am stuck. Is there anything else that I need to do?

I read through the malsing forums but I am not sure if I missed a step. Do I need mapsource? How do I make the map visible on my Garmin?
BTW, I have the US version of the 205W. It worked wonderfully in the US.

ess530i;343510 said:
spoke to a garmin guy at an exhibition b4 he said those units made for US market has weaker reception due to stronger satellite signal there but i guess its salesman (bullshit)

Yes, that is BULLSHIT.
GPS satellites travel at 20,200km/h orbiting Earth.
Is the same signal everywhere.

Hi Guys !

Just want to share Garmin GPS Navigation Devices with a good price...and Good Service too

Beside nuri gps alternative better and cheaper choice using gps pda phone!!!

HI Guys just want share with all of you before buying a GPS devices alternative way is PDA built in GPS. I find it more used full and very cheap even i can carry around...now i using it everyday GPS with my SMART PHONE and running Garmin using Malsing map very accurate direction for KL and Singapore
road.

Actually Nuri is a hardware whereby running Garmin software so our PDA with built in GPS can be run Garmin too and best using Malsing Map more updated if compare with running Make king.....If you guys want to know more about Garmin pls go to http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/index.php

Same future even Nuri dun have if compare with using PDA running a GARMIN for example using PEER POINT is used full example when your wife car breakdown in somewhere but she dun know how to direct you come to the place but if both of you using GPS phone she actually CAN CAPTURE HER LOCATION THAN SEND IT TO YOU BY PEER POINT send it by using sms so once you receive it will auto open your GPS phone you will know where your wife location and let the GPS bring you there...for Nuri dun have this feature because NUri cannot send sms...too bad pay higher price but less feature than PDA phone...

Find out more before buying...

I have a Garmin Nuvi 205 and I think its a good entry level GPS. I think you could get them for as low as 800 - 900 now a set. Don't bother buying the older model Nuvi 200 anymore, the Nuvi 205 is the replacement model and it has better features for about the same $. If you prefer a bigger screen then get the 205W. If you have 'jalan' to get it from the USA or UK, I think its darn cheap compared to here.

Oh and for those buying a new GPS, check the features its supports and also check if it will work in Msia or not. Like certain models which support road names pronouncation, if you read it properly that only works in the USA. So tho yr unit supports that feature it won't work here in Msia. Best is to read the forums to learn more before deciding on which model to get. www.malsingmaps.com is a good place to start.

Just my 2 cents....

If need any assistance or guide regarding GPS can PM me. I will try my best to explain it.

affan66;344515 said:
folks, need help la..

I downloaded the free version of the malsingmaps and extracted the .img file onto my SD card. Plugged it into my garmin and I can see the files (US map and Malaysia/SG map). Then, I am stuck. Is there anything else that I need to do?

I read through the malsing forums but I am not sure if I missed a step. Do I need mapsource? How do I make the map visible on my Garmin?
BTW, I have the US version of the 205W. It worked wonderfully in the US.

Yes once you extract the .img file, just copy it to the \garmin folder in your SD card. Then just turn on yr Nuvi and it should detect it. I believe the file name must be gmapsup.img

Make sure its a free map or unlocked map else the Nuvi can't open the .img file if it requires an unlock code. Alternatively just download the other local free map at www.malfreemaps.com Been using that map too and its pretty good or as good as the malsingmap. If all else fails, just keep reading the forums, there is a load of useful info there on how to use and load Nuvi's.

Good luck bro.

akuadam;375371 said:
Hi Guys !

Just want to share Garmin GPS Navigation Devices with a good price...and Good Service too

CLICK HERE

helo...
i wanna 1 garmin gps.
wat is the different btw 200w and 205?
itzit really can detect POLICE TRAP AND SPEED CAMERA ALERT
how can i contact wiv you?
u can try to reach me at feicheng82@gmail.com

feicheng;379720 said:
helo...
i wanna 1 garmin gps.

Dear Feichang,

I just took delivery of the 205 just a couple of hours ago from Akuadam. Good and friendly chap. I don't think it can detect police trap or is capable of identifying operating speed camera. What it will do is just to prompt the user the possibility of a speed trap at a certain location based on the input from contributors to the map. It will also prompt the user the speed limit of certain area (if you are travelling above the said speed), again based on the input by the contributor of the map.

feicheng;379720 said:
helo...
i wanna 1 garmin gps.

Hi there

I have PM replied you on more details.

c-square;379781 said:
Dear Feichang,

I just took delivery of the 205 just a couple of hours ago from Akuadam. Good and friendly chap. I don't think it can detect police trap or is capable of identifying operating speed camera. What it will do is just to prompt the user the possibility of a speed trap at a certain location based on the input from contributors to the map. It will also prompt the user the speed limit of certain area (if you are travelling above the said speed), again based on the input by the contributor of the map.

Hey bro

Thanks for your purchase. It was nice meeting up with you. Do keep in touch and hope you have fun using it in Singapore soon :top:

i'm having some power-down issues with my 205W upon satellite locking. Both happened using malfree and malsing maps.. anyone can help?

akuadam your PM mailbox is full.

Top Bottom