Garmin Nuvi GPS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Fellas,

Just wondering if any of u ever order thru internet? Online prices much, much cheaper (even after conversion and including postal charges).

Go to Amazon.com. They have some good offers and they are reliable internet suppliers

For buying GPS receivers, you can goto www.malsinmaps.com forum and goto the vendor section and see which vendor is offering a better service/package/price etc...

I found that that some shops in PJ Digital Mall (or any retails shops) is selling them a little bit too expensive ( e.g. Nuvi 200W , quoted by shop in Shah Alam around RM1300 vs shop price of RM1900 ). Singapore prices are much cheaper compared to here in Malaysia. Nuvi 200W, SGD399.00

Tips, you can download the PDF manual from Garmin of the model you want to see the features it have before making a decision.

You can also download the maps + software to view the maps first to see how it will look like on the GPSr ( of coz smaller screen than the PC/Laptop screen)

If anyone is interested in the Garmin Nuvi units, pls let me know.

The price of Nuvi has dropped a lot since beginning of the year, so take the opportunity to own one now.

Nuvi 200 (basic GPS)- RM890
Nuvi 200w (basic GPS + Widescreen)- RM1000
Nuvi 710 - (Basic GPS + WideScreen + Bluetooth HF + MP3) - RM1650

Malaysia-Singapore maps will be preloaded (Jan-08), credit to all mappers and contributors of MalSingMaps, http://www.malsingmaps.com

Warranty will be ONE year from invoice date, and I will provide 7 days 1-to-1 exchange (but courier charges will be bear by buyer in this case). Official receipt from my company will be provided.

All price above include courier service within west Malaysia. COD can only be done in JB.

Thanks for reading.

Tom
speedwoy@streamyx.com

am planning to let go one new-in-box(with all accs) Garmin Nuvi 310 as I received it as a gift recently although I currently own one.

basic GPS + Widescreen + Bluetooth Handsfree + MP3 Player with

Malaysia/Singapore maps fully loaded with the latest software &

Garmin 1 year guarantee.

First offer above RM 1380 secures the unit. For further info, please PM me.

Location : COD anywhere in KL/PJ and Damansara area, plus I'll give u a free demo on how to use this device, especially during these times of high oil prices, which really helps save not only fuel but time and money.

http://www.activegps.co.uk/garmin-nuvi-310.htm

The prices of GPS units are dropping lately in USA. As an example Garmin Nuvi 750 costs only around US350 which has 4.3 inch screen w/o Bluetooth and Nuvi 660 costs about US370 with bluetooth. Anyone interested let me know and I see what I can do.

i was facing satellite detection problem with my garmin 200w but problem solved after upgrading the firmware. just log on to www.garmin.com and find your way through...

It doesnt work too well in acquiring satellite signals if you have a good tint.

3er;336441 said:
It doesnt work too well in acquiring satellite signals if you have a good tint.

that could be true...i was getting better signal from inside my house than in my car in an open area. btw i'm using v-kool...wondering if there is anything i can do bout it?

ess530i;336483 said:
that could be true...i was getting better signal from inside my house than in my car in an open area. btw i'm using v-kool...wondering if there is anything i can do bout it?

Yes.
1. Strip your V-Kool
2. Stick your Garmin out of the window, get satellite lock, then put it back in the car
3. Get an external antenna for your Garmin

Similar to smart tag problem, cut a small part of the vcool tinted where you sticked your nuvi. This should help. :rolleyes:

Other than those above, you can always left the Nuvi "power on" (after satellite lock) when you leave the car at night. Thats what one of my friend does in his BMW X3.

BMWjb;339168 said:
Similar to smart tag problem, cut a small part of the vcool tinted where you sticked your nuvi. This should help. :rolleyes:

Other than those above, you can always left the Nuvi "power on" (after satellite lock) when you leave the car at night. Thats what one of my friend does in his BMW X3.

i dont think smart tag has anymore problem with v-kool, at least for mine. have you or anyone you know tried this method to improve their GPS reception? as u say...this 'should' help...thx

ess530i;339183 said:
i dont think smart tag has anymore problem with v-kool, at least for mine. have you or anyone you know tried this method to improve their GPS reception? as u say...this 'should' help...thx

Im using Rike Cool, no problem...Can use. V-cool some said no problem...

bimmerdude;339296 said:
where can i get this external antenna?

i've checked you can buy from CV audio at kuchai lama (or perhaps their other branches) at RM280 made in taiwan. it is an antenna installed onto the exterior of your car, wired into the interior to emit the signal to your GPS (it is not connected to your GPS). wanted to install but would take bout 2 hours so i may just do it during my next ICE upgrade...anyone with experience pls share...

just got my garmin from the States. will check out it out how it works with my car that has V-kool tint on it.

Top Bottom