Garmin Nuvi GPS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi. i got an e60 without sat nav and have a separate portable Garmin GPS nuvi 205w

i've the normal suction holder but i found this ProClip mounting clip and bracket www.proclipusa.com that clips pretty neatly onto the dashboard...

i cant seem to find where to buy it in Malaysia... anyone has any clue on this?

thanks!

Forget the suckers. They leave a ring mark on your windscreen and after a year they dont suck as well, then you have to buy another one. Get the Garmin Portable Friction Mount. Rock steady, far more portable across different cars and best of all it doesnt leave a mark on your windscreen.

My brother jus got the Nuvi 200 from the US for (way) less than USD200 per unit...hmmmm...

blackrobe;512413 said:
My brother jus got the Nuvi 200 from the US for (way) less than USD200 per unit...hmmmm...

Garmin Nuvi 200 was discontinued some years ago. It was the cheapest Garmin model. I fact I doubt if you can get one in Malaysia anymore. It was replaced by the 205.

It is not surprising that your brother managed to get it cheap.

The base model is now the Nuvi 215/W which is about RM1K.

saat;512438 said:
Garmin Nuvi 200 was discontinued some years ago. It was the cheapest Garmin model. I fact I doubt if you can get one in Malaysia anymore. It was replaced by the 205.

It is not surprising that your brother managed to get it cheap.

The base model is now the Nuvi 215/W which is about RM1K.

guys
BMW Navi is very neat , it uses the car internal wiring and voice thru the car speakers.. it cost RM2800 though...they are using Nuvi 765 if i m not mistaken

I'm afriad I can't bring myself to paying an additional RM1,000 for neatness.

saat;512522 said:
I'm afriad I can't bring myself to paying an additional RM1,000 for neatness.

yes you are so right ...but i am willing to invest that much so that i dont have to fit the garmin each time i m driving and put them back to hide from preying eyes

Was checking at Digital Mall Section 16 this afternoon. The distributor/agent for Garmin at the Ground Flr quoted me RM30 to update my maps database (MY/SIN/BR) at my Garmin nuvi 765. Is it reasonable or can I get it updated somewhere where it's FOC?

Would appreciate your input.

megatnh;512526 said:
yes you are so right ...but i am willing to invest that much so that i dont have to fit the garmin each time i m driving and put them back to hide from preying eyes

I'd rather save the RM1,000 and have a neat after use effect i.e everything (including the cradle) hidden from view when not in use, which is more often than not.

GMENG;512528 said:
Was checking at Digital Mall Section 16 this afternoon. The distributor/agent for Garmin at the Ground Flr quoted me RM30 to update my maps database (MY/SIN/BR) at my Garmin nuvi 765. Is it reasonable or can I get it updated somewhere where it's FOC?

Would appreciate your input.

I thought you can update the map via the Garmin website as well? It may not be the latest map as from MFM or MSM, but it's not too old either. I did that a few days after buying a 1460 for my parents.

Traveler;512550 said:
I thought you can update the map via the Garmin website as well? It may not be the latest map as from MFM or MSM, but it's not too old either. I did that a few days after buying a 1460 for my parents.

When you buy a local Garmin, you get one map update. That will bring you to the latest available map. Many are too hasty and use it up quickly. MFM updates their map weekly but Garmin will cost you USD199 every year. But I know you know this already being a member of MFM.

saat;512547 said:
I'd rather save the RM1,000 and have a neat after use effect i.e everything (including the cradle) hidden from view when not in use, which is more often than not.

couldnt agree more

saat;512557 said:
Not to mention that it is transferable to my other cars.

the base is obviously not transferable unless you ask them to remove it at a price..but the suction cup (nuvi 760)has to be kept if not in used, in my case it has fallen of twice or more whist driving, probably for keeping it under the hot sun for a period of time...

Top Bottom