"Fake" Breyton/AC Rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

strangeboy

Club Guest
Would anyone pay less than RM5K for complete 18" with off-set Breyton/AC OEM rims together with tires? One look... you will not be able to tell the difference but after a while.... Can someone advise me on this matter? Ori cost too much!!! About RM12K without the tires...mmm.... has anyone gone thru this before?

well bro those replica's ( FAKE ) depends on where you purchase it ..just the rims alone will cost somewhere around RM 2.5 K or less or more (18') and the tyre's will depends on the brands too ..... each piece may cost around RM450 or more ..... So if you say it's gonna cost you around Rm5K .... ummmm guess it's a deal ...

unless you negiotiate more ... :D

Been using AC Type 3 (replica) for more than a year, still, my rims is in good condition, though hitting quite a number of potholes. For that price that you pay compare to "original", its worth it.

Zul, don la make it sound like replica rims are made from plastic... :D
Not trying to sell my rim here cause i'm in no hurry to sell it. Might chuck it back in when i sell my car. :)

yeah lor..and my brader's ori 18 " breyton vision rims with two months old tyres selling off at 3.5k ...yet, they say expensive :cry: hiayaa.... :(

Originally posted by darren@Aug 30 2005, 11:47 AM
Been using AC Type 3 (replica) for more than a year, still, my rims is in good condition, though hitting quite a number of potholes. For that price that you pay compare to "original", its worth it.

Zul, don la make it sound like replica rims are made from plastic... :D
Not trying to sell my rim here cause i'm in no hurry to sell it. Might chuck it back in when i sell my car. :)
dude, how much did u pay for yours? and where did u get them w tires? do them come with offset?

Originally posted by walterteoh@Aug 30 2005, 01:24 PM
My moutain bike rim cost RM2,700 oledi...(without tire), 5K with tire for ur 3series..Cheap!!
wa lau.... walter.... you must be a rich man.... how i wish i got that kind of money to spend...

Originally posted by Zoggee@Aug 30 2005, 01:48 PM
yeah lor..and my brader's ori 18 " breyton vision rims with two months old tyres selling off at 3.5k ...yet, they say expensive :cry: hiayaa.... :(
u sold already???? if not... i m interested!!!

Darren and the rest,

Sorry if I offended U, not my intention. Thousand apology.

Regards.

Originally posted by Zul@Aug 30 2005, 11:26 AM
I think not worth it considering the inferior quality of material used and the weight. Once you hit a pothole you'll know because the rim will break.

If you're interested I have an 18" AC Schnitzer Type III Racing/2-pieces rims for sale. Check it at http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/index.ph...opic=4525&st=30

Regards.

i agree with Dr Zul..
:) u want peace of mind,get ori..
many 2nd hand ones around as u can see and they cost similar to new replicas..u hit small pothole ok la,but one day while doing 200kph and u happen to hit something in the middle of the highway u better pray hard and fast that it doesn't break and deflate/burst the tyres!!!
well,unless u drive ur bimmer slow all the time..
do u? end of the day its all up to u..

my advice,get originals..new or 2nd hand doesn't matter.

shedden has a set of ac replica type 3 18 for sale...it is around 2k plus...maybe u can pm him!

Just to share my experience.

Was driving along the PLUS highway at around 150 km/h. On ori AC Schnitzer Type III that I'm selling now. Hit a wood piece that must have drop from a trailler. I think it is about 2" thick. That is the thickness of my tyre. At that speed I dare not make any evasive movement, so just hit it and pray hard nothing happened. Reach KL and check the rims/tyre - no obvious damage. Came back and had a thorough check at the tyre shop. Slight dent on one of the rim at the inner lip. Tyre - no problem. Repaired and cost only RM70.00. I think if it is replica then as good as good bye.

As supergrippen said, don't think you all drive less than 110 km/h with our highway. So why compromise on the most important part of the car. Remember the tyre and the rim is the only thing that in contact to the road.

So, my advice again - don't compromise on rim and tyre. If you drive slow, which I doubt it, then take the replica but if you drive fast at 3 figure speed don't compromise because you might just compromise on the value of your life.

Just my opinion. Please don't feel offended. Not because I'm selling my rims but there is also cheaper ori rims around, new or 2nd hand.

Regards.

Originally posted by Zul@Aug 30 2005, 04:17 PM
So why compromise on the most important part of the car. Remember the tyre and the rim is the only thing that in contact to the road.
Totally agree with ya Zul... Never ever compromise safety for looks!!!

Some people diss other people for putting non-BMW engines into their BMW... well, why don't they also diss people who put non original parts on their BMW too?

All you guys with pride; why bother "showing off" that you've got a BMW if you're going to do nothing but stick fake parts on it? I'd rather live with my ugly original 16" rims than try to pose with fake 18" rims. But that's just me.

Yeah, and let's not forget the safety factor too. It's all about the "what ifs".

Originally posted by Zul@Aug 30 2005, 04:17 PM
Just to share my experience.

Was driving along the PLUS highway at around 150 km/h. On ori AC Schnitzer Type III that I'm selling now. Hit a wood piece that must have drop from a trailler. I think it is about 2" thick. That is the thickness of my tyre. At that speed I dare not make any evasive movement, so just hit it and pray hard nothing happened. Reach KL and check the rims/tyre - no obvious damage. Came back and had a thorough check at the tyre shop. Slight dent on one of the rim at the inner lip. Tyre - no problem. Repaired and cost only RM70.00. I think if it is replica then as good as good bye.

As supergrippen said, don't think you all drive less than 110 km/h with our highway. So why compromise on the most important part of the car. Remember the tyre and the rim is the only thing that in contact to the road.

So, my advice again - don't compromise on rim and tyre. If you drive slow, which I doubt it, then take the replica but if you drive fast at 3 figure speed don't compromise because you might just compromise on the value of your life.

Just my opinion. Please don't feel offended. Not because I'm selling my rims but there is also cheaper ori rims around, new or 2nd hand.

Regards.
good point zul... well taken and really appreciate the advice. guess i just hv to look around for a good seconds at the price that i can afford then...

Originally posted by The Necessary@Aug 31 2005, 01:54 AM
Some people diss other people for putting non-BMW engines into their BMW... well, why don't they also diss people who put non original parts on their BMW too?

All you guys with pride; why bother "showing off" that you've got a BMW if you're going to do nothing but stick fake parts on it? I'd rather live with my ugly original 16" rims than try to pose with fake 18" rims. But that's just me.

Yeah, and let's not forget the safety factor too. It's all about the "what ifs".
good point. taken!

Top Bottom