F10 Parts & Service Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi guys, been enjoying my ride for about 2 years. 528i LCI 2015 and clocking 100k not too long ago.

2 months back had an engine oil running low warning and then top up with 1 liter BMW ori oil. Been service with BMW ori engine oil all this while.

after recent oil change, measure myself again after 2.5k km runs, the engine oil reduce again and yet giving warning notification since havent reach to Min level. This morning cold start, saw some mild white smoke.

Wondering anyone have such issue for LCI f10 528i, can share where have better experiences for such issue with diagnose/ repair? my current outside workshop said LCI suppose not to have such issue and if white smoke normally need to overhaul to change valve seal inside engine (but my case the smoke is very mild, he said typically are much more white smoke)

from online search, some say:
1. Turbo Oil line - grey smoke
2. Coolant - if it is white
3. condensation?

Not really sure what's the root cause of engine oil drop.

Any advice and feedback from experience much appreciated.

thank you all

If the 'white smoke' only last a few seconds, then its condensation.

Question: When you did your oil change, how much was poured in? at times, its just a case of improper service (not enough oiled poured in vs what was drained).

and yes, BMW engines tend to lose oil as the mileage increase, not that much, but can still reach the next service. But to asked to top-up after 2.5k of driving, would suggest you to check with your trusted mechanic, Btw, any sign of leakage?

If the 'white smoke' only last a few seconds, then its condensation.

Question: When you did your oil change, how much was poured in? at times, its just a case of improper service (not enough oiled poured in vs what was drained).

and yes, BMW engines tend to lose oil as the mileage increase, not that much, but can still reach the next service. But to asked to top-up after 2.5k of driving, would suggest you to check with your trusted mechanic, Btw, any sign of leakage?
Hi Gendong, unfortunately can't find any sing of leakage nor the white smoke. Engine oil still will lost around 1 litre after say 5-6k dirven.

i had check on the pouring qty during eng.oil change. i measure after 3k, topup abit, then 6k, then top up abit...

Ur ride is already 7 years old. Normally by now, u’d hv to perform remedial maintenance. Suggest to go to ur preferred mechanic, hoist the car up and check the bottom of the engine. By now, leaks could come from gaskets. When its up there, do also check all other components that might require a change/replacement.

Ur ride is already 7 years old. Normally by now, u’d hv to perform remedial maintenance. Suggest to go to ur preferred mechanic, hoist the car up and check the bottom of the engine. By now, leaks could come from gaskets. When its up there, do also check all other components that might require a change/replacement.

yes, today did another round of thorough, but find no sign of leaking, since changing engine oi, switch to euro 5w-40, thicker hopefully no oil reduce. also done change engine and gearbox mounting, which actually the rootcause for the recent knocking sound when going thru hump (gb mount inner part broken). whole car felt very nice now. crossfinger, no more oil reduce. next change will be the timing chain and the chain rail guide. today spend ~RM1.5k.

Ori engine mount
oem gb mount
engine oil 5w-40 and oil filter ori.
labour
O-ring change due to coolant leak and refill one bottle coolant (due to drain out and pressure test)

hope my latest pricing help.

Hi, I am considering to buy over a friend's friend unit 528i M sport F10, manufactured 2014, mileage 80k. I have a few questions to ask:

1. I test-drive the car and found out that whenever I paddle for acceleration, the pedal will vibrate. The vibration extends to the resting legroom and slight feel on the seat. Is this common?
  2. The steering wheel seem like being controlled by the pedal. Controlled means that there is a force pulling from pedal to control the steering wheel. Two back tyres are run flat tyres. Is it because they are run flat tyres therefore the feeling is like this? I am comparing with Mazda CX5 that I currently drive.
  3. I saw lights on the door handle (exterior) and wonder any interior lighting on the door side? My friend told me should have lighting but we have no ideas why it was not light up.
  4. To open the car boot, does it have the function like waving with our leg under the boot itself, then it will open automatically? To close the car boot, it is quite manual.
  5. No carpets are given to the unit. I wonder is it the owner has removed it or BMW did not supply it.

Anymore visual inspection I have to check on before negotiate with the owner?

I am also looking for a recommendation for mechanic in Johor Bahru. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi, I am considering to buy over a friend's friend unit 528i M sport F10, manufactured 2014, mileage 80k. I have a few questions to ask:

1. I test-drive the car and found out that whenever I paddle for acceleration, the pedal will vibrate. The vibration extends to the resting legroom and slight feel on the seat. Is this common?
  2. The steering wheel seem like being controlled by the pedal. Controlled means that there is a force pulling from pedal to control the steering wheel. Two back tyres are run flat tyres. Is it because they are run flat tyres therefore the feeling is like this? I am comparing with Mazda CX5 that I currently drive.
  3. I saw lights on the door handle (exterior) and wonder any interior lighting on the door side? My friend told me should have lighting but we have no ideas why it was not light up.
  4. To open the car boot, does it have the function like waving with our leg under the boot itself, then it will open automatically? To close the car boot, it is quite manual.
  5. No carpets are given to the unit. I wonder is it the owner has removed it or BMW did not supply it.

Anymore visual inspection I have to check on before negotiate with the owner?
My 2 cents, best to check for service records and double check service records with AB. Most mileage from sellers seem to average out to 10k/year. If after 8 years no repairs bill for leaking seem a bit strange. A for the vibration it is not common. Could be suspension system, drive train or mount. Interior door light will beam to the floor and normally quite visible at night. Boot opening function will depend on your model. Check the vin and accessories that is in the package. I don't think any manufacturer will supply cars without carpets.

I am also looking for a recommendation for mechanic in Johor Bahru. Please advise. Thank you.

5.5l Ravenol 10w 40 (semi-s) - RM192.50 (35/ltr)
Labour - RM30

just did oil change at my regular workshop in Feb, now awaiting dealer to call for the FOC oil change offer

5.5l Ravenol 10w 40 (semi-s) - RM192.50 (35/ltr)
Labour - RM30

just did oil change at my regular workshop in Feb, now awaiting dealer to call for the FOC oil change offered by BMW.
1 liter RM35 is cheap. my workshop quote rm80

Top Bottom