F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ashman55;633122 said:
halow,i assume your alignment and puling problems were solved at the dealer.So i think we should do our alignment at the dealer not at any typical tyre shop in town..due to integral active steering..Hope you manage to solve all issues satisfactory..let us know
Bro ashman55,

From the 1st day I received the car in Aug 2010, I found that the car was not stable especially from 100kmh onwards. The car would rock from left to right. I sent in the car to Sungei Besi branch almost every month (6 times) but the engineer could not find the fault. For the 6 times I sent it in, none of the technical service reps believed what I was saying and they failed to check it thoroughly. One of the After-Sales Service Officer, David from BMW Malaysia claimed that the car cannot possibly experience such problem and was stable. It was only in February 2011 when they discovered that a screw was loose on the mounting causing the car to rock from left to right.

You mean screw loosen on this expensive F10 ?????? Very scary ... But it seems none of I heard abt F10 520d ... ANy comments ?

Yup, service doesn't address problems, they try their best to have short-cut solutions and postpone fixing problems. Ashtray rattling came back not solved. Rattling in window (probably because of tint, found a spare screw left out on the carpet!) also not solved. Rattling on rear DVD player also not solved - they say will change the part, but they don't have parts, and say no need to change now (even though it is irreversibly faulty). They put some scotch tape along the door edges, without me asking for it (looks horrible now, but they say prevent squeeking sound). Wonder how come BMW can endorse using ugly scotch tape along the door edges! You bring the car in with a list of problems, and nothing seems to get solved. They use WD40 or some lubricant quite readily and in generous quantities when you complain about rattling - how on earth does WD40 reduce rattling permanently, I just cannot fathom! Don't they understand simple physics? And yes, a previous occasion in the past, they broke a clip on the door panel, and guess what? They used silicone to try to hold the door paneling in place! Can you believe that? And guess what? It fell off after I reached home, and I was furiously hopping mad, was speechless! I don't even use their free car wash nowadays - they even admitted that their cloth not all that dustless, so there are swirl marks after the free wash. That's irreparable damage to the paint. You have to wash yourself using clean yellow polishing cloth to prevent swirls - once there are swirls, very difficult to remove. Their service nowadays is really getting on my nerves. And when you post on facebook after frustrations, they tell you this is a public forum and we shouldn't post complaints, etc.... . So how? We love our car. We just want to have our problems solved. Don't they just understand this simple equation? We have been with BMW through thick and thin, and this is what we get back in appreciation! Sorry, just sharing my woes lah.....

jovial8;633180 said:
You mean screw loosen on this expensive F10 ?????? Very scary ... But it seems none of I heard abt F10 520d ... ANy comments ?

Yes, screw loosen on mounting part :(
The whole car will rock from left to right out of sudden when i drive > 100KM.

Can be very daunting to have issues when the whole experience in buying a brand new car suppose to be a happy one.It can happen to anyone of us thats why we will be very happy if everyone issues are solved by BMW..Hopefully

Have tested 520d but it seems to mean that initial start of warming up, the rattling sound seems more louder and uncomfortable. But after a while the noise cool down a little. The SA claims that most of the absorber or minor problem comes with 523i (last year batch) and not 520d or 523i this year (Dunno true or not). In addition, he claims that the GPS comes with latest map not like b4.

The service warranty is 60K km or 3 years (Free labour service and engine oil, including brake pad and wiper) and Unlimited mileage parts warranty for 2 years.

The acceleration is quite satisfactory especially on at 2,000cc diesel. The BMW credit current interest is about 3.5%.

You may get free tinted with 3M technology. That's all they can offer.

Go for it bro.just tested the navi today.true the map is 1211 and its very good better than i expected since i heard a lot about lousy idrive map before.a lot of improvement.for me my navi experience with the idrive map is better then the malfree map in navigation plus that i used before with my E90. like the zoom function very much,make it a lot easier to find location..

maybe you're not used to the sound of diesel but my 520d is as quiet as it can be on startup. which is very very quiet for a passenger diesel car. bmw credit interest is about 2.xx for straightline financing, the 3.xx is for airbag financing.

straightline financing means normal car loan.

airbag financing means you pay less every month then your last payment is 40% of the car remaining value from the original price, its designed to reduce your monthly commitment and at the end of the loan you just sell or trade in the car to settle the last payment.

come to think of it, when i collected mine, i saw a big screw left on the side pocket of the door. Now i am worried what that might be. Anyway, just sent in to check on wobbly issue and they said it is the characteristic of the car which i dun believe. End up 2 days in the workshop for some sterring problem which is what i believed was the complaint previously made for car moving to left even on flat road. Now, i still have issue with brake noise, DVD player rattling, somehow the whole suspension seems to have issues of slight thumping even after absorber changed at the back.
I still can't comprehend why they cannot be on par at least with japanese car in terms of service in selling, servicing, and after sales support. During my days owning jap cars, they will follow up closely to remind you when the servicing is due, friendly, and with technical know how. I had told BMW about this but they dun care. Maybe that's how their level of service provided all over the world. This is sad. We dun pay peanuts for such car and yet we get lousy service. Why they think customer service is last on their list? Sigh...... will consider other makes in next purchase. In the meantime, i am stuck with 2 new beemers.

Hillgosh;633586 said:
I got a big screw in the side pocket at the driver's door also. I think it is a gift.

My free gift was a grey screw, I hope when they said they put it back, they did indeed but who knows?

Do you know where it loosen ? Looking at the screws there make you have sleepless nite.

Actually my was found by the tinted film installer. The screw is black and it wasn't from the door panel. I think only the production line can tell where the screw belongs to.

as my tint was done by Quill, i assumed it could have pop up when they install the tint. I think my wife threw the screw already. In "worried" mode now

DJH;633503 said:
come to think of it, when i collected mine, i saw a big screw left on the side pocket of the door. Now i am worried what that might be. Anyway, just sent in to check on wobbly issue and they said it is the characteristic of the car which i dun believe. End up 2 days in the workshop for some sterring problem which is what i believed was the complaint previously made for car moving to left even on flat road. Now, i still have issue with brake noise, DVD player rattling, somehow the whole suspension seems to have issues of slight thumping even after absorber changed at the back.
I still can't comprehend why they cannot be on par at least with japanese car in terms of service in selling, servicing, and after sales support. During my days owning jap cars, they will follow up closely to remind you when the servicing is due, friendly, and with technical know how. I had told BMW about this but they dun care. Maybe that's how their level of service provided all over the world. This is sad. We dun pay peanuts for such car and yet we get lousy service. Why they think customer service is last on their list? Sigh...... will consider other makes in next purchase. In the meantime, i am stuck with 2 new beemers.

anything that BMW can't solve is the characteristic of the car. Remember when we raise on the big bang issues at the back of the absorber BMW Malaysia also said is the acoustic sound only and is the characteristic.. when they found a solution and replaced all the F10 , does it mean a problem or characteristic ? they still said no problem ...

I don't found any free screw when i collected my car :)
However, the gift i get is loosen mounting screw, the car rock from right to left when speed > 100km & BMW & AB took > 6 months to solve the problem.
I totally lost the confident on BMW, for me - F10 suck and AB's service suck too :( I paid RM400k for proton kind of service quality

Top Bottom