F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
onghb;632371 said:
Haha consume too little diesel also a problem.. Hopefully this problem always there.
And yes my air condition button is perfect printed.

Paul, did u notice that our engine took longer time to warm up?

It is normal, because the combustion temperatures of diesel engines are lower. so it takes longer for the needle to reach the middle, but it should be fine to just drive as long as you keep teh revs low. do not let the car warm up while sitting idle. If you look at our temperature gauge, the scale is totally different from the petrol engine. Ours 100 degree in the middle, their middle is some higher number - any 523i owner can confirm? i think its 120 degree.

In fact, my previous car the W211 E270 CDI, it had a thermostat that didn't work very well (i changed it of course), it was allowing too much coolant to pass, so it never reached optimum driving temperature when you drive it at night, in fact during highway cruising at night you can see the temperature dropping!!! the e270 cdi was also a fantastic car, but not many people appreciate diesels here, especially since the e270 cdi was famous for being very problematic so had trouble selling it, ended up keeping it in the company as company car for another director.

Wah ! You mean resale of diesel car in Bolehland is not easy .... ? Hmmm Let's say F10 520d , purchase now and sell later after 6 years ... Then you stuck there forever (cannot sell). Is there any option, I was told that BMW got some package option . Anyway, haven't check out , what is the package about .

I don't think the 320d or 520d will face this problem are they are very desirable cars, from the post-Euro 2 fuel era. I have many friends considering pre-owned 320d now.

Yup, you really should test drive instead of just listening to rumours about this and that, the people spreading them have never experienced or driven a modern diesel engine.

I've heard that AB (in particular Penang) denying test drive of the 520d ?! Time for a dedicated 520d thread?

paultantk;632562 said:
Did you try asking AB Penang for a test drive?

They don't have any demo/test drive of 520d. First and second unit is Havana very fast ppl bought it. The third unit came which I ordered black/black. The manager not going to register to let ppl try it. IMO they should let ppl try it... Very difficult to persuade ppl to buy a 340k car without test it.

Diesel and petrol is totally different especially in torque and its vibration sound. unless we test it

halow;632317 said:
Encounter another new problem when driving outstation today . Hot air from the footwell *(lower Aircon vent that blow toward the leg) . So have to turn it to manual and press only center air distribution direction in order to shut off the footwell . AB said sent in for a check again .*

Problem solved by reprogramming at AB workshop.

To all the Bro,
Do you have BMW German or Malaysia's after sale director email or contact?

halow;632871 said:
Bro ,

If got send to me also .. i also want

Bro,

I just email a complaint letter to BMW's German and Malaysia CEO this morning. I want to know how they handle my case :(

James Chun;632359 said:
Dear All,

I will not buy any BMW anymore...Trust Me, ,E46, E39 & E38 are the most reliable car that ever built in BMW history.....

I will go for VW or Audi in future....

Currently I Own E39 525i, no major problems for 5 years...

You must be the few super duper lucky ones to say E46 being the most reliable ever built in BMW history :)

jovial8;633051 said:
What problem you faced ?

Ben10 borrow your previous problems list

Quote Originally Posted by ben10 View Post

1. Air con fail twice in first month
2. Front absorber got huge knocking sound on 2nd month
3. Pulling to left problem
4. alignment problem
5. fan controller printing defect - replace at dealer workshop (halow)
6. Engine off by it self, 2 times already. -
7. both rear light rattling sound problem -
8. front absorber "gu gu" sound problem - i have this problem and AB fix two times and end up said is the characteristic of the car (halow)
9. hot air from the aircon footwell - solved by reprogramming at dealer workshop (halow)

the problems i faced so far is items 5,8,7,9

halow,i assume your alignment and puling problems were solved at the dealer.So i think we should do our alignment at the dealer not at any typical tyre shop in town..due to integral active steering..Hope you manage to solve all issues satisfactory..let us know

Mine so far so good.."touch wood"...But the handling is not as good as the previous model of 5 Series..but comfort wise..there are no complaints at all.

ashman55;633122 said:
halow,i assume your alignment and puling problems were solved at the dealer.So i think we should do our alignment at the dealer not at any typical tyre shop in town..due to integral active steering..Hope you manage to solve all issues satisfactory..let us know

yes, according to AB pulling bit to left is normal .

X6 user;633141 said:
Mine so far so good.."touch wood"...But the handling is not as good as the previous model of 5 Series..but comfort wise..there are no complaints at all.

well on the front suspension sound it only happen when you drove slowly around 20-30km over the road bump.

Top Bottom