F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Same here I've clock 1900km, everything is fine close to a month now, ive fuel up my 3rd time. Hey Paul yours is sooo jimat on the diesel hehehe. I'm pushing my car to the limit now! Up 5-6k rpm. Love it

the thunderstorm has affected my car a few times: once right after a massive lightning/thunder, a warning light came up saying that there was a problem with the integral active steering (came on while i was driving). Once i got to my destination, turned off the engine, waited for a few mins and then turned the car back on, the problem went away.

Another incident was when my car was parked outdoors and it was storming. When i started the car, it said that there was a fault with "traction control" (can't remember the exact name but it's the icon is the same as the button on the right side of the gear knob). With this problem also came the "auto hold" malfunction which couldn't engage. Again, once i got back home, restarted the car again later, the problem went away.

Has anyone faced this problem before or am i the only unfortunate one??? :(

paultantk;630282 said:
If you live in the Klang Valley you may have noticed that there was a massive thunderstorm this evening. Did anyone drive through the storm? If you did... did anyone feel like your F10's wipers aren't fast enough? I keep feeling there should be another faster speed after the fastest setting... I had to slow down quite alot as the wiper could not get rid of the water fast enough.

Sometimes is frustrating just hearing all the problem with BMW. More to the owner. BMW Malaysia should be more professional in handling the issues

f10orNot?;631434 said:
the thunderstorm has affected my car a few times: once right after a massive lightning/thunder, a warning light came up saying that there was a problem with the integral active steering (came on while i was driving). Once i got to my destination, turned off the engine, waited for a few mins and then turned the car back on, the problem went away.

Another incident was when my car was parked outdoors and it was storming. When i started the car, it said that there was a fault with "traction control" (can't remember the exact name but it's the icon is the same as the button on the right side of the gear knob). With this problem also came the "auto hold" malfunction which couldn't engage. Again, once i got back home, restarted the car again later, the problem went away.

My car already in their workshop almost 1 month, My engine die off 2 times while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

1st time happen during February and AB reprogram for me and told me already solve the die off problem so i get back the car and less than 1 month the car die off again whhile i stop in traffic light.

For 2nd time, AB and BMW told me they cannot find the fault and they will reprogram my car and tighten all the cable then ask me to get back my car. I told them, how they can make sure my car will not die off again if they cannot find the fault of my car and just simply tighten the cable and reprogram only. They told me they can't give me any assurance and they just asking me take back the car and try again, if got problem check in again :(

I'm really disappointed after i heard this. This is the 8th times i check in my car for repairing - 8 months old car.
The way, they handle my car is really unprofessional :( really piss off

paultantk;630955 said:
1800+ km in the F10 520d and I am going to do my first interstate journey today - going up to Penang! Since taking delivery of the car in the past 1 month I've only refueled 2 times - my first tank I got 850km and my second tank where my driving was a little harder I got 800km. During highway driving I can keep the real time fuel consumption indicator at around 5 liter per 100km and sometimes even below it - the 520d is simply amazing. I am hoping to hit the magical 1,000km mark this time.

Wow... the diesel unit is really frugal when it comes to fuel consumption!

I got 300km from quarter tank driving up to Penang.

221615_10150166893051006_713876005_7165343_3613784_n.jpg

Then I did alot of slow, stop and go traffic in Penang, and hentam the car from Penang to KL as it did not rain and I could keep speeds around 160km/h and occasionally higher. The annoying traffic meant I had to frequently slow down to 100km/h alot and then push it back up to a higher speed.

Ended up getting about 980km for this particular tank. I would have probably gone past 1,000km had I driven frugally down to KL. Will attempt 1,000km again!!!

Paul, next time come Penang pm me... F10 520d small gathering

paultantk;632051 said:

Then I did alot of slow, stop and go traffic in Penang, and hentam the car from Penang to KL as it did not rain and I could keep speeds around 160km/h and occasionally higher. The annoying traffic meant I had to frequently slow down to 100km/h alot and then push it back up to a higher speed.

Ended up getting about 980km for this particular tank. I would have probably gone past 1,000km had I driven frugally down to KL. Will attempt 1,000km again!!!

Ben10*

Not only u ,*
I really fed up and disappointed with bmw Malaysia and AB service . The front gu gu sound is with me everyday when pass through the road bump .*
At first they give me hope claimed that their engineering team in Munich is working on permanent solution for our F10 and now they said is the characteristic of the car .*

.Beside , *Bring a *friend to book a f10 at ingress see the new version got sound or not .*

Encounter another new problem when driving outstation today . Hot air from the footwell *(lower Aircon vent that blow toward the leg) . So have to turn it to manual and press only center air distribution direction in order to shut off the footwell . AB said sent in for a check again .*

paultantk;632051 said:

Hi Paul ,

Glad to hear u are enjoying your f10d , but do u think is bit out of topic here, maybe u should create a new thread to discuss all the advantages of the f10d instead of the problem thread here.

f10orNot?;631434 said:

Just a wild guess - the huge amount of water on the road may have affected your wheel speed sensor. Then later OK back because dry already.

Dear All,

I will not buy any BMW anymore...Trust Me, ,E46, E39 & E38 are the most reliable car that ever built in BMW history.....

I will go for VW or Audi in future....

Currently I Own E39 525i, no major problems for 5 years...

By the way, it seems that F10 523i has more problem than F10 520d.......... or did I missed out something. Do we have thread talking problems abt 520d ?

jovial8;632360 said:
By the way, it seems that F10 523i has more problem than F10 520d.......... or did I missed out something. Do we have thread talking problems abt 520d ?

My 520d has no issues whatsoever. The only problem is it's consuming way too little diesel, hahaha! It doesn't have integral active steering, so I suppose the suspension system is not as complicated, less things to go wrong. No suspension sounds, my aircond button not fading.

paultantk;632369 said:
My 520d has no issues whatsoever. The only problem is it's consuming way too little diesel, hahaha! It doesn't have integral active steering, so I suppose the suspension system is not as complicated, less things to go wrong. No suspension sounds, my aircond button not fading.

Haha consume too little diesel also a problem.. Hopefully this problem always there.
And yes my air condition button is perfect printed.

Paul, did u notice that our engine took longer time to warm up?

Top Bottom