F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;628053 said:
Definitely so. I've had a total flat experience with my RFTs, and based on the nature of the puncture, I think it was deliberate sabotage. But I just drove home with my family inside, with my eye on the rear-view mirror all the time, ready to zoom to the pondok polis in my neighbourhood.

But even more important than thwarting possible robbery or hijacking, it's confidence in my tires and peace of mind when doing over 160kmh on the highways.

Pack a 9mm in your car.......then nobody messes with you. Even better, pack 2! Be a Chinese Charles Brosnan!

[video=youtube;K15C5EoDwcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K15C5EoDwcs[/video]

adri13;625858 said:
I could still use the right wiper but the left wiper arm will scratch the windscreen so I had better not. Indeed scary bro halow...

The rear absorbers were replaced almost 2 weeks ago. The cornering was solid at 100 kmph along Kota Damansara ramp from KL. The noise still prevail when going over humps for both front and rear at relatively low speed between 30 to 60 kmph. I haven't got the chance yet to drive to KLIA where I have reported the area at KM 2.9 approaching KLIA toll from airport.

Yes, I had that problem at the same spot. Very loud BANG, like tyre burst. Even my occupants got a shock. Had the absorbers changed after that. So far, haven't gone back there to test. Another spot is on the way from KTM to Bangsar on Jalan Bangsar before turnoff to KL Sentral, there is small hump in front of project under construction. Also experienced it there.

macdaque;629610 said:
Yes, I had that problem at the same spot. Very loud BANG, like tyre burst. Even my occupants got a shock. Had the absorbers changed after that. So far, haven't gone back there to test. Another spot is on the way from KTM to Bangsar on Jalan Bangsar before turnoff to KL Sentral, there is small hump in front of project under construction. Also experienced it there.

The demo car i m using now got the same bang sound from front and rear absorber too, very loud bang sound :(

paultantk;630111 said:
Mine doesn't have any odd suspension noises so far... 1600+ km on the clock.

Good for you bro!...Aren't you just lovin' it!!! ...opps, sorry, McDonalds!

If you live in the Klang Valley you may have noticed that there was a massive thunderstorm this evening. Did anyone drive through the storm? If you did... did anyone feel like your F10's wipers aren't fast enough? I keep feeling there should be another faster speed after the fastest setting... I had to slow down quite alot as the wiper could not get rid of the water fast enough.

paultantk;630282 said:
If you live in the Klang Valley you may have noticed that there was a massive thunderstorm this evening. Did anyone drive through the storm? If you did... did anyone feel like your F10's wipers aren't fast enough? I keep feeling there should be another faster speed after the fastest setting... I had to slow down quite alot as the wiper could not get rid of the water fast enough.

man today's thunderstorm was scary. an electric pole tiba-tiba slanted right in front of me but thankfully it didn't fall.

paultantk;630282 said:
Yes, definitely not fast enough. German cars not made for our thunderstorms here. The much older Japanese cars that I so far owned previously were much faster.

Yes. It's very hard to see during heavy rain. I think the rain drops are like sticking to the screen. A friend recommended me to use Rain-X. Bought it but have not apply it. Will keep you guys update on this.

Jeffrey;630549 said:
Yes. It's very hard to see during heavy rain. I think the rain drops are like sticking to the screen. A friend recommended me to use Rain-X. Bought it but have not apply it. Will keep you guys update on this.

My experience with Rainx is that in between of applicatons is real bad coz it streaks real bad. Once apply, must always apply. Now I have 2 bottles just sitting at home, dare not apply, but do keep us posted.

halow;627009 said:
FYI , majority of the owner do not notice the front suspension noise . until i tested with them then only they notice it .. maybe they do not encounter many road bump compare to my area.

Bro halow,

BMW rep and AB met me this afternoon and told me they cannot found the cause make my F10's engine "die off" and they keep asking me return the loan car to them.

BMW really hopeless :(

I suspect my car's power distribution unit got problem, check this out - http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...6-finally-collection-day-my-523i-f10-but.html

Ben10,

AB just collected my car yesterday( again masuk work shop ) because i checked in the car last week to change the front panel (button colour fade). when collected the car the whole front panel at the radio units not functioning !! FYI , Ab dont provide me any report when check in the car on complaint. i think if they do , your list of report must be very thick..

when we have problems on the car they dont provide any report . when they got the solution for the big bang sound then only the provide you a nice report .

the wiper for f10 is way too slow compare to e90. I wonder why. The rain sensor is even more hopeless.

1800+ km in the F10 520d and I am going to do my first interstate journey today - going up to Penang! Since taking delivery of the car in the past 1 month I've only refueled 2 times - my first tank I got 850km and my second tank where my driving was a little harder I got 800km. During highway driving I can keep the real time fuel consumption indicator at around 5 liter per 100km and sometimes even below it - the 520d is simply amazing. I am hoping to hit the magical 1,000km mark this time.

Note that the F10's fuel tank is 70L whereas the E90's fuel tank is 60L. So cant really compare xxx kms per tank between the 2 cars. Better to use L/100kms.

Top Bottom