F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have a few friends who bought it, so far they did not tell or share with me if they have any issue.

Will follow your instruction and try it out. Thanks. So far my F10 is not giving me any issues that you guys have highlighted.

ashman55;625704 said:
halow,glad to share the experience.So far so good.I use to hate the wind noise at high speed with my E90 before but my f10 i don't notice any noise.Sure can meet up to test my f10,if u are somewhere in usj/subang jaya.

Hi ashman55 ,

PM you my contact . pls check

Jeffrey;626622 said:
Will follow your instruction and try it out. Thanks. So far my F10 is not giving me any issues that you guys have highlighted.

FYI , majority of the owner do not notice the front suspension noise . until i tested with them then only they notice it .. maybe they do not encounter many road bump compare to my area.

thanks for other members here who is willing to share and support .. I just can not believe the suspension is a characteristic of the F10 and i want to confirmed it by BMW AG instead of the dealer here. F10 is a good car and i also bring friend to purchase it next week and just to make sure my friend will a problem free car.

Anyone notice the Goodyear Excellence runflats are seriously very loud? Or is the wheel well soundproofing not very good?

Thanks to you halow,i become very alert when passing a bumb.You are right it is very difficult to notice any suspension sound and i like to believe mine is ok.btw i only got your test msg.pm me again plse..

paultantk;627479 said:
Anyone notice the Goodyear Excellence runflats are seriously very loud? Or is the wheel well soundproofing not very good?

Hi Paul,
I'm also surprised at the amount of tyre roar. Think it should be the tyre rather than sound proofing, as water hiss is pretty well suppressed while driving in the rain. Will you be considering non-RFTs when the time comes for a replacement?

Yes. The Run On Flat tires are really a noisy buggers. The technology advancement in not THERE yet to make it quiet. Imagine those steel all around the wall of the tire. For the price and noise, i'll opp for the normal ones, Michelin especially for quiet and comfort.

It's not more steel, it's more rubber on the walls. Try Michelin PS2 ZPs (run flats) :wink:

I've never drive neither being driven in a car equipped with a set of RFTs. From the responses not only from this forum, but from anywhere else throughout the internet everybody is saying it's loud, uncomfortable and expensive. But you guys do know the how it can actually save your life somewhere in the point of your driving experience.

Let me show you an example, the other day my dad and me were driving throughout this road from Morib back to Sepang and the road was dark - I mean really really dark with not so many cars there at night. I came across this car that suffered a tyre puncture in the dark place possible and without any help possibly, he might not be able to change the tyre in that sort of condition. With RFTs, as you guys know if you run over a nail it will puncture the tyre definitely but it won't be detached from the rim and possibly done no damage at all to the rim. You can still drive for about 50km at a speed of 60km/h or around that.

Anything bad about the RFT, surely it has the good side that can almost overcome anything bad about it. I'm pretty sure they're still doing some R&D on the noise and comfort problems so in the near future, almost every cars might be equipped with this tyres. So think again...

Definitely so. I've had a total flat experience with my RFTs, and based on the nature of the puncture, I think it was deliberate sabotage. But I just drove home with my family inside, with my eye on the rear-view mirror all the time, ready to zoom to the pondok polis in my neighbourhood.

But even more important than thwarting possible robbery or hijacking, it's confidence in my tires and peace of mind when doing over 160kmh on the highways.

Hi all, I am from the southern(JB). I got my F10 520d on the 5/4/11. The meter clocked 13++km now, so far no problem at all. No sound from the absorber as well. But the tyre noise is loud.

3 yrs ago when i i first used rfts bridgestone for my E90,the ride was terrible,my wife even regreted buying BMW.But now i am using Goodyear Rfts for the f10,i can feel very much improvement and even my wife does not complaint anymore.She even enjoy the ride.I think,my E90 sport suspension make the Rfts even worse .Now i am going to stick to Rfts.No tire is perfect something got to give.U want safety,u must get little bit of noise..

Three years ago, the RFTs were 2nd generation. Now they're all 3rd generation, with much improved ride and performance. I didn't like my 2008 Bridgestones much either, neither the ride nor the performance. :1:

Nothing's wrong bro. It's just Life Cycle marketing. :1: 1st year model, bare bones. 2nd year, add a few goodies. 3rd year, add some more. 4th or 5th year, Life Cycle Impulse facelift. That's why I only buy from 3rd year onwards, also by then the bugs have been fixed. :wink:

Top Bottom