F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
halow;625039 said:
Guys,

AB has sent out a letter saying that the front absorber is the characteristic of the F10. anyone of F10 owner do not have the front absorber noise when drive over road bump please share with us. so far i tested a CBU F10 523 that do not have the sound .

i have been driving the 520d for slightly over 2 weeks with mileage of 885 km without experiencing any of the problems
highlighted by some members.. certainly no issue with suspension and brakes..maybe too early to tell

I was supposed to have taken delivery of my F10 after a 3 months wait, 2 weeks ago. Then my saleslady ffk me the day before saying some issues with car and they had to get me another one. I was really pissed at that time cos this girl always besuk- me and 'i was about to call u'. After reading the first 40 pages of this thread, I was seriously thinking of canceling it. As I got to those threads in April, things seemed better and now I'm thinking if I should cut loss. I hate having a problematic car? They can give me 10 year warranty for all I care. It will not mean anything to me if I have to rake time off to send it to hospital on a monthly or worse, weekly basis. What's the ratio of problematic to good cars? Or should switch to a uncle car? The other thing is I order booked my number with jpj from early Jan. Got expiry date ah?

JPj booking number expires after 3 months.When i registered my f10 recently,my booked number already expired by more than a month.lucky for me the number still under my name and not being taken out,but that was in JPJ Trengganu where they are not that strict.donno about KL and Selangor..

I thought KL JPJ only allow 1 months booking...that was when I booked my number in November 2010..

halow,glad to share the experience.So far so good.I use to hate the wind noise at high speed with my E90 before but my f10 i don't notice any noise.Sure can meet up to test my f10,if u are somewhere in usj/subang jaya.

Probably because kl numbers running very fast.I thought mine was gone case but when my car arrived,i just try my luck by calling JPJ and pleasantly surprised the officer told me to go ahead without much fussed.So i suggest u call up JPJ once u get the car who knows u might get lucky.

TI-tan;625648 said:
i have been driving the 520d for slightly over 2 weeks with mileage of 885 km without experiencing any of the problems
highlighted by some members.. certainly no issue with suspension and brakes..maybe too early to tell

Tan,

Yours is SKD or CBU?

initialM;625730 said:
Tan,

Yours is SKD or CBU?

no idea bro, nobody said anything about it.. ingress invoice for model is FW11 520d.
doesnt really matter skd or cbu as long as no issue.

ashman55;625704 said:
halow,glad to share the experience.So far so good.I use to hate the wind noise at high speed with my E90 before but my f10 i don't notice any noise.Sure can meet up to test my f10,if u are somewhere in usj/subang jaya.

Hi ashman55,
Thanks for your reply. I will PM you for time to meet up . beside i have one good place to test on the knocking sound in just 5 minute drive at Desa Parkcity where the BMW x3 launched few weeks ago or if not convenient for you i am ok to go USJ/subang ... will PM you soon ..

adri13;625455 said:
My left wiper flew off again for the second time yesterday. This time it happened about 5 pm during light rain just before Subang exit on NKVE. My family was with me and we were wiperless for about 20 min before reaching home. My daughter was quick to tell me" pa, jual lah kereta ni dah 2 kali dah"...

I got it fix just now and told the guy to fix it correctly this time. If it happens for 3rd time I shall request for the whole wiper arm and blade for warranty claim. Now, who say I am not nice to BMW?

My real problem - absorbers have not settled yet. The service guy told me he has arranged the BMW engineer to test my car on bumpy surface this week. See whether he will say this is the characteristics of F10...

wah sound scary .. i could not imagine if driving at night in highway with only one wiper arm ...

Adri13, you mean the dealer have not replace the rear suspension for you yet ?

Just took delivery of the F10 last week, have clock 600km up till now.

Have not heard any suspension noise, there is some break noise when applying and releasing the breaks (sort of very low pitch squeak), but the previous E60 i drove had those as well.

Will see if the suspension noise comes up.

Teej;625835 said:
Just took delivery of the F10 last week, have clock 600km up till now.

Have not heard any suspension noise, there is some break noise when applying and releasing the breaks (sort of very low pitch squeak), but the previous E60 i drove had those as well.

Will see if the suspension noise comes up.

Hi Teej,
is it come from the brake pedal ?, i have experienced it on the accelerator pedal but this can be solve easily by the dealer .. on the suspension noise you try to drive over the road bump slowly especially those small size bump ..

halow;625750 said:
wah sound scary .. i could not imagine if driving at night in highway with only one wiper arm ...

Adri13, you mean the dealer have not replace the rear suspension for you yet ?

I could still use the right wiper but the left wiper arm will scratch the windscreen so I had better not. Indeed scary bro halow...

The rear absorbers were replaced almost 2 weeks ago. The cornering was solid at 100 kmph along Kota Damansara ramp from KL. The noise still prevail when going over humps for both front and rear at relatively low speed between 30 to 60 kmph. I haven't got the chance yet to drive to KLIA where I have reported the area at KM 2.9 approaching KLIA toll from airport.

Wow adri, driving with one wiper in the rain, that's dangerous moreso when u have to deactivate it to avoid scrathes.

I think I have grown immune to problems....meaning lowering my expectations, unless it has to do with safety. Brake noise will be apparent after a couple thousand of km. Even after few times checking, the noise is there and made the car felt cheap. After the absorber changed, i felt it wobbly in sport mode (normal and comfort, forever wobbly la). Before absorbers changed and in sport mode, it is solid. I think new absorber is on the softer side. Did u guys felt the difference after the absorber changed? I will send in to check next week, if time permits.

Clocked only 400km on my two week old 523I. During acceleration on a short stretch of a highway, there is a smell like a salon hair perming for a while and then goes off. is this normal for a new car and will it go away after that?

I only heard this in 3 series and not my car. Can others F10 owners confirm?

Jeffrey, I think your air-cond is set to either A or B? If I am not mistaken A is to allow controlled air to enter the cabin whereas B is internal circulation. Press B and see if the problem still persist. I did smell something when i pass oxidation pond so i switched to B and problem solved.

Top Bottom