F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
cw9722;623092 said:
No worry abt the suspension issue....I am sure BMW will solve the problem
F10 is great car....I love the driving mode so much....trunk road on comfort/normal mode,high way on sport mode....feel like driving 2 totally different setup car....-:))

agreed, just to advise not to get the first batch . BMW Malaysia can solve the back suspension noise but not the front at the moment . According to AB , BMW Malaysia going to issue a letter and claim that that the front suspension noise is the characteristic of the car it just an acoustic sound . I am not sure how true is it and just to wait for the letter . So far i tested few our fellow cars , they all have the same sound . If manage to find a car with no sound then please share with us . BMW said if can find a car with no front suspension sound then they can fight the complain with us .

bro halow,
My car still in their workshop and BMW called me yesterday and telling me they cannot guarantee my car's engine will not auto shut down in future because they cannot find the fault on my car. They just reload the software for me :( damn lousy QC and they will send people to meet me on Monday to explain what they done on my car.

My car and the demo car they borrow my also got the front absorber "gu gu" sound problem, beside that, the demo car they borrow me also got the "e.. e..." fr the front disc brake when i press the brake. Really bad quality.

I'm plan to go their HQ in Cyberjaya soon, anyone want to join?

ben10;623139 said:
bro halow,
My car still in their workshop and BMW called me yesterday and telling me they cannot guarantee my car's engine will not auto shut down in future because they cannot find the fault on my car. They just reload the software for me :( damn lousy QC and they will send people to meet me on Monday to explain what they done on my car.

My car and the demo car they borrow my also got the front absorber "gu gu" sound problem, beside that, the demo car they borrow me also got the "e.. e..." fr the front disc brake when i press the brake. Really bad quality.

I'm plan to go their HQ in Cyberjaya soon, anyone want to join?

I am OK. Let me know when you going .

halow;623145 said:
I am OK. Let me know when you going .

Sorry.. but I thought the BMW office in Cyberjaya is an IT unit? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway... ben10 / halow... sorry to hear such issues with your F10. I can't believe such a car can have so many issues. Unbelievable yet true....

Yes, you're wrong. :4: BMW Malaysia at 3501, Jln Teknokrat 5, 63000 Cyberjaya is where Country head Geoffrey Briscoe and all his functional directors and heads hold office. I have dealt with directors and heads there, and they're good, professional guys. Auto Bavaria, Ingress, Quill, etc are all just dealers. BMWM own and manage the brand in Malaysia.

Ben, Halow, my advice to you is to go to Cyberjaya with a solution in mind to negotiate with them. Such as, to trade-in your units and buy new year-2 units at very favourable financial terms, something which only BMWM can offer you. If you only intend to go there to rant and rave, it'll be a waste of time, as they're within their commercial and legal rights to continue to try to repair your units at their cost. Take it from one who has been there and done that. :wink:

Schwepps;623251 said:
Yes, you're wrong. :4: BMW Malaysia at 3501, Jln Teknokrat 5, 63000 Cyberjaya is where Country head Geoffrey Briscoe and all his functional directors and heads hold office. I have dealt with directors and heads there, and they're good, professional guys. Auto Bavaria, Ingress, Quill, etc are all just dealers. BMWM own and manage the brand in Malaysia.

Now... this make sense... I remember quite some time ago before BMW X6 was officially launched in Malaysia... i saw it on the road at Cyberjaya. It is driven by a Caucasian dude and boy was he pressing it. I could not believe a Big mama like X6 can disappear right in front of my eyes in a matter of seconds!

And he is heading down to KL via MEX. So... either to a party or to party! ha ha ha!

hi guys,

just collected my 528......it was a nov 2010 demo uint......so far so good.....safe for some minor issues......

so far no noise from the rear suspension......millage is abt 5k now.......

only thing i find the ride abit woobly when i drive....not sure if it has anything to do with allignment........gonna send it for allignment this week saturday......

thanks.

paultantk;622931 said:
I've experienced no problems with the F10 so far, other than one incident where the car couldn't detect the key for the keyless start. No suspension noise at all. Comfort is excellent. Feels like a 7. Highway consumption is so far about 5.9 liter of diesel per 100km, and combined drive from house to work and back is about 8.8 liter of diesel per 100km. Mileage about 450km so far.

Hi Paul, how's the engine noise of the F10 520d? is it much better as compare with 320d when hear from the exterior?

Congrats. It could be the brake discs, get them checked and replaced. Enjoy!.

nathan;623739 said:
hi guys,

just collected my 528......it was a nov 2010 demo uint......so far so good.....safe for some minor issues......

so far no noise from the rear suspension......millage is abt 5k now.......

only thing i find the ride abit woobly when i drive....not sure if it has anything to do with allignment........gonna send it for allignment this week saturday......

thanks.

[video=youtube;DmvoPh3EIsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmvoPh3EIsw&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmvoPh3EIsw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hi Safri,

Thanks for your feedback.

You might be right as i have been experiencing so funny braking sound.........

will get it checked.

I had complained few times about the funny braking sound but dun think they did anything to it

DJH;624871 said:
I had complained few times about the funny braking sound but dun think they did anything to it

The demo car that i'm using now got the funny braking sound too.

Guys,

AB has sent out a letter saying that the front absorber is the characteristic of the F10. anyone of F10 owner do not have the front absorber noise when drive over road bump please share with us. so far i tested a CBU F10 523 that do not have the sound .

halow;625039 said:
Guys,

AB has sent out a letter saying that the front absorber is the characteristic of the F10. anyone of F10 owner do not have the front absorber noise when drive over road bump please share with us. so far i tested a CBU F10 523 that do not have the sound .

That settles it then!...moderators, time to close this thread. All's well that ends well! Enjoy your ride, guys!

Just got my f10.so far i have no complaint whatsoever.no absorber sound.even the new brake don't emit any sound.the good thing is that there is no plastic fumes as expected of new car.Fantastic car.worth the six month wait

halow;625039 said:
Guys,

Meaning those F10 that drives quietly and smoothly that doesn't have that 'knocking noise' coming from the front absorber doesn't have the characteristic of a genuine F10? So need to go change for an absorber that makes those knocking noise in order to obtain an original characteristic of a BMW? Hmmm., doesn't make sense to me.

Pratt,

You are right ... i am not convince with the letter and wonder why the letter issues by AB instead of BMW Malaysia or BMW AG. they should have told me early and why changed the absorber for two times and told me in writing saying BMW AG is working for a permanent solution .. now saying is the characteristic of the car !!

ashman55,
can you share with us your F10 experience.. should meet up for a test if possible.

My left wiper flew off again for the second time yesterday. This time it happened about 5 pm during light rain just before Subang exit on NKVE. My family was with me and we were wiperless for about 20 min before reaching home. My daughter was quick to tell me" pa, jual lah kereta ni dah 2 kali dah"...

I got it fix just now and told the guy to fix it correctly this time. If it happens for 3rd time I shall request for the whole wiper arm and blade for warranty claim. Now, who say I am not nice to BMW?

My real problem - absorbers have not settled yet. The service guy told me he has arranged the BMW engineer to test my car on bumpy surface this week. See whether he will say this is the characteristics of F10...

Top Bottom