F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;616917 said:
That's too bad, ben. But my lemon (not BMW and had driven it for 6 months already) wasn't replaced. It was traded-in to them and they sold me a new unit at a deep discount to reduce my loss to under 10k. Did you approach the meeting with negotiating that solution in mind?

Bro Schwepps,
BMW send a senior noob to met me, really wasted my time.
The noob cannot promise anything and keep asking me sending the car for them diagnose and he cannot guarantee my car is free for problem after fix. what a f***, a manufacturer telling the customer they cannot guarantee their own product's quality :( very disappointed after listen that.....

Hi guys, It has been a long time since i posted here.:eek:
My back absorber changed. Yes, the thumping sound gone, good. But.... now it is wobbly when u go beyond 100kph :banghead:.... yes and it is in sport mode. Pre absorber changed, it is solid beyond 100kph in sport mode. U guys facing similar situation? Quill is waiting for me to send in to check. Will do so in about a couple of weeks time.
As for the fading fan switch, i need to check on that. :afraid:
Other issues i encounter so far:
Braking is making a lot of noise especially front even after sending in to check few times. :motz:
Front suspension seems to have some noise.

ben10;618875 said:
Bro Schwepps,
The noob cannot promise anything and keep asking me sending the car for them diagnose and he cannot guarantee my car is free for problem after fix. what a f***, a manufacturer telling the customer they cannot guarantee their own product's quality :( very disappointed after listen that.....

Bro, sorry that it didn't work out. But what's a 'senior noob'? Noob is short for newbie, so a senior noob is an oxymoronic term.

I wouldn't have agreed to see a noob (who wouldn't have the power to make decisions) I would have gone to the appropriate functional director's office in Cyberjaya, with the implicit threat of walking straight to his MD's office if he didn't work out a win-win solution with me. All part of negotiation tactics, bro.

The moral of this thread is: Don't buy a first year CBU, be patient and wait for a second or third year SKD.

ben10;618875 said:
Bro Schwepps,

Like Schweeps said, noob is short for newbie and putting senior in connection with noob is just not the right way to go...

I think you're just over-estimating BMW too much. In fact, no company to nobody in this world can gurantee that their products can be free of problem after a fix. I mean, that's life and that's how stuff works... Try putting you in his position and say you can gurantee it's free of problems and tomorrow the customer come and nagging of problems. It's a risk you know that. They're not God to determine they're flawless.

I really am sorry for your red time with the car and the brand.

Schwepps;619384 said:
Bro, sorry that it didn't work out. But what's a 'senior noob'? Noob is short for newbie, so a senior noob is an oxymoronic term.

I wouldn't have agreed to see a noob (who wouldn't have the power to make decisions) I would have gone to the appropriate functional director's office in Cyberjaya, with the implicit threat of walking straight to his MD's office if he didn't work out a win-win solution with me. All part of negotiation tactics, bro.

Why i called the guy senior noob because AB told me he is senior manager fr BMW and he can make decision, after meeting him i only know he cannot make decision. Really wasting time.

He keep asking me sending the car for them to diagnose and told me even after they fix, he cannot guarantee the same problem will not happen again :(

Really disappointed

Bro, call BMW Malaysia direct. Why go through AB...a dealer? I already gave you the director's HP no, didn't I?

Schwepps;619413 said:
Bro, call BMW Malaysia direct. Why go through AB...a dealer? I already gave you the director's HP no, didn't I?

Bro Schwepps,
I will call him tomolo, thanks for the help

Make an appointment with him and go see him in Cyberjaya. Don't give him an opportunity to send someone to see you or send you to a dealer - tell him that's already been done many times and hasn't solved the problems. Tell him that if he won't see you, you'll have to call his MD Geoff Briscoe. Be polite but assertive, and have the plan to swap your unit at favourable financial terms in your mind, not a plan to rant and rave which won't get you anywhere.

Good luck bro.

I understand this post is related to the 523i's - though can anyone comment how if any are the 528i's in quality? Similar pain?
They're both CKD's correct?

Aeroboy;619572 said:
I understand this post is related to the 523i's - though can anyone comment how if any are the 528i's in quality? Similar pain?
They're both CKD's correct?

I got 2 friends bought the 528 and both cars also got the big bang sound fr rear absorber.

528i

Oh, the 528i also faces the same problems? I'm looking to buy a used one registered in Nov 2010. Was this batch affected? How prevalent is this absorber issue? Will it go knocking when you go past a hump?

DJH;619230 said:
Hi guys, It has been a long time since i posted here.:eek:
My back absorber changed. Yes, the thumping sound gone, good. But.... now it is wobbly when u go beyond 100kph :banghead:.... yes and it is in sport mode. Pre absorber changed, it is solid beyond 100kph in sport mode. U guys facing similar situation? Quill is waiting for me to send in to check. Will do so in about a couple of weeks time.
As for the fading fan switch, i need to check on that. :afraid:
Other issues i encounter so far:
Braking is making a lot of noise especially front even after sending in to check few times. :motz:
Front suspension seems to have some noise.

I have got my rear absorber changed last week and only completed yesterday. Initial observation, cornering was quite solid at 100kmph at Kota Damansara ramp exit from KL. So to speak the new rear absorbers work! However, my complaint about the front suspension was not properly addressed. When going over humps at relatively slow speed 30 kmph yes, the sound still prevail. I have been trying to get the service guy at AB Glenmarie who attended to my complaint but couldn't get him. I suppose I need to get his attention by gate crashing tomorrow.

My impression about BMW is that the new 5 series bring down a reputable world motoring leader. I am not sure how others find or feel about BMW marque. There is no proper black and white either from reseller or BWM itself to the owners of the F10 saying there might be some issues unlike other makes - all verbal. So I would say unless and until BMW resolves this unprofessional conduct I would say to my close friends "Buy BMW last"

my 528 also having issue with rear absober issue....call SA and he reply i will have to wait few mths then only reach my turn as most most the F10 have to recall back to rectify this issue......

Not so bad

Finally succumbed to the temptation and got my f10. Must admit that was really close to canceling the order after reading all the problems but hey, life is short. Have to say that instantly, you'll feel it drives a whole lot better than the e60. It's smoother and has better sound insolation. The integration with the ipod is great as it loads very fast and doesn't reset itself like it does in my e60.

Haven't experienced any of the problems some of you have. Seems that the suspension problem has been sorted for the 2011 cars. Will keep you posted on any problems i may come across. Fingers crossed

Oh dear, I just made booking on my new 523i, should be able to get the stock 2-3 months from now.

The Sales person told me the above mentioned problem has been rectified for the 2011 F10, hopefully what they've said is true.

Crossing my finger that I don't get a Lemon by spending RM 383k on this...

I've experienced no problems with the F10 so far, other than one incident where the car couldn't detect the key for the keyless start. No suspension noise at all. Comfort is excellent. Feels like a 7. Highway consumption is so far about 5.9 liter of diesel per 100km, and combined drive from house to work and back is about 8.8 liter of diesel per 100km. Mileage about 450km so far.

paultantk;622931 said:
I've experienced no problems with the F10 so far, other than one incident where the car couldn't detect the key for the keyless start. No suspension noise at all. Comfort is excellent. Feels like a 7. Highway consumption is so far about 5.9 liter of diesel per 100km, and combined drive from house to work and back is about 8.8 liter of diesel per 100km. Mileage about 450km so far.

It's a good car!....

No worry abt the suspension issue....I am sure BMW will solve the problem
F10 is great car....I love the driving mode so much....trunk road on comfort/normal mode,high way on sport mode....feel like driving 2 totally different setup car....-:))

adri13;621643 said:
I have got my rear absorber changed last week and only completed yesterday. Initial observation, cornering was quite solid at 100kmph at Kota Damansara ramp exit from KL. So to speak the new rear absorbers work! However, my complaint about the front suspension was not properly addressed. When going over humps at relatively slow speed 30 kmph yes, the sound still prevail. I have been trying to get the service guy at AB Glenmarie who attended to my complaint but couldn't get him. I suppose I need to get his attention by gate crashing tomorrow.

My impression about BMW is that the new 5 series bring down a reputable world motoring leader. I am not sure how others find or feel about BMW marque. There is no proper black and white either from reseller or BWM itself to the owners of the F10 saying there might be some issues unlike other makes - all verbal. So I would say unless and until BMW resolves this unprofessional conduct I would say to my close friends "Buy BMW last"

HI Adri13,
FYI, Ab changed my front suspension last two week ago and this is the second time they changed my front absorber. overall still the same result but in comfort mode less sound but normal and sport mode as usual "gu gu " sound when go slowly over road bump .
For those who want to test the front absorber sound , the best bump to test is those short and tall bump.

Top Bottom