F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For my engine off problem, i complaint last month and the SC just do the reprogram for me and never take it seriously. My wife encounter the same problem again yesterday while waiting the traffic light go green, during the engine die off, the air con and radio still working like normal 7 very hard to notice the engine already off, until u start to drive the car, all the car horn my wife while she trying to start the car again.

My car in and out their workshop so many times but BMW still claim that all the problem happen to my car is just a minor problem :(

I think must wait until my car like this - http://bmwproblems.wordpress.com/author/bmwproblems/ , only they will call it big problem.

Bro Ben10, I feel for you. You are one unhappy BMW owner! Let me recount what I did when I also had the misfortune of owning a 1st year model which had so many problems I don't want to remember. It wasn't a BMW, but in fairness to the marque, I won't name it.

I made an appointment with the country sales manager, told him the issues I faced, and asked him to make me a good offer to prevent more and continuing bad publicity for his marque. He offered to swap my car for a new 2nd year model, with a deep discount so that I would only have to put up less than RM10k and continue with almost the same instalments. I took the offer, and the 2nd unit was trouble-free, other than usual stuff. Perhaps you should try that instead of continuing to feel bad about your purchase.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had 2 lemons in my long car-owning career!

Schwepps;614602 said:
Bro Ben10, I feel for you. You are one unhappy BMW owner! Let me recount what I did when I also had the misfortune of owning a 1st year model which had so many problems I don't want to remember. It wasn't a BMW, but in fairness to the marque, I won't name it.

I made an appointment with the country sales manager, told him the issues I faced, and asked him to make me a good offer to prevent more and continuing bad publicity for his marque. He offered to swap my car for a new 2nd year model, with a deep discount so that I would only have to put up less than RM10k and continue with almost the same instalments. I took the offer, and the 2nd unit was trouble-free, other than usual stuff. Perhaps you should try that instead of continuing to feel bad about your purchase.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had 2 lemons in my long car-owning career!

Bro Schwepps,

Thanks for the advice, i hope they will do the same thing for me too. However, every time when my car got problem, the BMW people will call me and ask me to give them second chance :(

I received the call fr Johnny (BMW Malaysia) 2 days ago and on the tele-conversation he keep asking me to give BMW second chance, i told him i already give BMW a lot of second chance to fix my F10. I told him i can give him another second chance but i need a letter mention that if my F10 still got problem after fix they will change a new car to me. Johnny told me, they can't give any assurance that the car will free of problem after fix and they cannot provide any letter to me too.

I really upset and regret to buy this "Banyak Masuk Workshop" car because even BMW cannot give me any guarantee too.

Since they got the "takapa" attitude, i will post my problems in all the car brands fan club forum in Malaysia soon.

the problems of the cars is amplified by the incompetence of the service network here...that is why the experience is unbearable...

i have also own new cars which is problematic from other marque but the way it was handle and solution provided is different and most importantly the approach is 10 times better...

after having to deal with one of the BMW dealer here for 3 cars I have it enough with them and I don't think I will ever buy from them unless there is some major revamp on how they serve the customer in the after sales service...

Owning a Toyota which is not a premium brand when compared to BMW makes me feel better as they have far more superior after sales service as a whole and for me this qualify them to be considered a premium brand...when u say this to the BMW people as a feedback they will go all defensive and sulking and goes without saying hello sir, Toyota car so simple, BMW cars so complex, so for them its always the technicality but they forgot in the first place how to treat a customer which is a very basic expectation...

the only pleasant BMW ownership experience is when I join this club and get to makes new fren's which shares the same passion...

Bmw Malaysia will be launching the X3 at Desa Parkcity saw they are installing big event booth at the second car park , i believe the F10 owner will be invited too .. maybe is a good ideal for the problematic car to meet up ? there got many road bump ... sure can test the ku ku sound ...

halow;614792 said:
Bmw Malaysia will be launching the X3 at Desa Parkcity saw they are installing big even booth the the second car park , i believe the F10 owner will be invited too .. maybe is a good ideal for the problematic car to meet up ? there got many road nump ... sure can test the ku ku sound ...

Good idea, count me in :)

ben10;614729 said:
Bro Schwepps,

Thanks for the advice, i hope they will do the same thing for me too. However, every time when my car got problem, the BMW people will call me and ask me to give them second chance :(

I received the call fr Johnny (BMW Malaysia) 2 days ago and on the tele-conversation he keep asking me to give BMW second chance, i told him i already give BMW a lot of second chance to fix my F10. I told him i can give him another second chance but i need a letter mention that if my F10 still got problem after fix they will change a new car to me. Johnny told me, they can't give any assurance that the car will free of problem after fix and they cannot provide any letter to me too.

I really upset and regret to buy this "Banyak Masuk Workshop" car because even BMW cannot give me any guarantee too.

Since they got the "takapa" attitude, i will post my problems in all the car brands fan club forum in Malaysia soon.

Just met up the BMW people and they told me they can't replace a new car to me, what they can do is to repair it for me. I told them give me a letter of assurance that my car will problem free after i send in for fixing, the BMW people told me they cannot guarantee my car problem free even after they fix :( is this called service?? a representative from BMW telling me they cannot promise my car problem free even after i sent in for repair :(

They shud change their slogan to "shit, driving pressure"

That's too bad, ben. But my lemon (not BMW and had driven it for 6 months already) wasn't replaced. It was traded-in to them and they sold me a new unit at a deep discount to reduce my loss to under 10k. Did you approach the meeting with negotiating that solution in mind?

BTW, it was costing them more to keep repairing my 1st unit, and it made more sense for them to limit loss. The 1st unit had had huge parts replaced, like the whole dashboard and aircon assembly, wiring loom, and I can't remember what else. They would have lost heavily on the 1st sale, and might as well take a final haircut on the 2nd sale.

So keep sending your car in... :wink:

Jeez after a recent test drive of the F10. I was feeling very "poisoned" but after reading this .. OMG .. think I'll wait longer.

ben10;613721 said:
Need an advice fr all the expert.

My F10 engine off again this morning when my wife stop in the traffic light and she need to put the gear to "P" before she manage to start the car again, when the engine off, the air con and radio still function like normal.

I get the car on August and below is are the problem i face during the 6 months i get the car

1. Air con fail twice in first month
2. Front absorber got huge knocking sound on 2nd month
3. Pulling to left problem
4. alignment problem
4. fan controller printing defect
5. Engine off by it self, 2 times already.
6. both rear light rattling sound problem
7. front absorber "gu gu" sound problem

What action can i take since my F10 got so many problems? Any law in Malaysia to protect the buyer like me instead of send in for them to repair every time.

I totally lost the confident on the car and why i bought this car because my e90 never give me so many problem.

Now, i have to sent back my car to them for diagnose every month and i feel it is unfair for a buyer like me pay Rm400K to get defective car like this.

This car already in worldwide more than 1 year and still got so many problem, i really lost the confident of BMW's built quality.

Bro Ben,

My car check in to AB this morning to replaced the front absorber .. hope it will remove the "Gu Gu" Sound .. will update you guys soon .

Guys ,

Changed the front absorber at AB but the sound still there ... aii .. and found another print defect same as Bro Ben10 had posted earlier .

I believed all F10 also have this problem try tekan few times on the button and you can observe the print object ink change .. see the picture below on the small Fan knob wing .. two wings filled with print ink ...

those buttons seem to be an issue globally. got one fella always use hand sanitizer that has alcohol in it... the ink actually came off.

OMG .... yesterday the fan knob ink goes off again ... can not press edi if not will like a flower shape soon ... now awaiting for AB to replace.

CHeck this out ..

halow;618610 said:
OMG .... yesterday the fan knob ink goes off again ... can not press edi if not will like a flower shape soon ... now awaiting for AB to replace.

CHeck this out ..

Bro halow,

I check from Internet, the fan knob problem happen everywhere, all over the world. BMW just keep quiet & try to hide it.

Look at mine, better than your :)

Beside that, i need to check in my car today for fixing the engine auto off problem again :( BMW sent a representative to my office last week, the so called representative came to my office and told me they cannot guarantee my car's problem can be solve even i send my car to their workshop fixing, i'm very very disappointed, how come a so called premium company's representative got not confident on their car too :(. Look like i will very busy in this 3 years for sending in my car for fixing problem.

Hi Guys,

am planning to pay up deposit for a 523 sometime this week or next but after reading all these post thinking twice man......

but apprently despite all these issues delievery for a 523 is long - only in august...

Top Bottom