F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
To those having issues with the absorber issues, I believe BMW is running a some campaign to get those parts replaced at no cost on current owners of F10 for our climate and roads. Go to your dealership and get it done. I'm unsure of the time line though. For new purchasers of F10, it is being change before it is sold. Hope that helps.

The 528i engine idle vibrating, ticking sound. Suspension knocking sound. .Need visit workshop next week. Disappointed. :(

davidw;606022 said:
To those having issues with the absorber issues, I believe BMW is running a some campaign to get those parts replaced at no cost on current owners of F10 for our climate and roads. Go to your dealership and get it done. I'm unsure of the time line though. For new purchasers of F10, it is being change before it is sold. Hope that helps.

Yes, I received a letter from my dealership, informing parts are arriving mid Feb, that's tomorrow technically. It also states that we will be contacted, so I am patiently waiting for that to happen.

Hi Guys,
Finally AB replaced my F10 rear suspension last week and test drove to Seremban.. so far go good.

Now only left the soft knocking sound at the front absorber when drive slowly over the road bump.

I'm interested to know how is the sound of problem suspension. Never had problem on my hard B12 set up.

halow;606597 said:
Hi Guys,
Finally AB replaced my F10 rear suspension last week and test drove to Seremban.. so far go good.

Now only left the soft knocking sound at the front absorber when drive slowly over the road bump.

Hi,

Are you able to still use the various driving modes (Sports, Sports+, Normal, etc) without issue or knocking sound? I am about to cancel my order for F10 but wanting to see if the remedy worked.

Good to hear that replacement is on the way for most of 523 owners.

On the "knocking" sound that some of you are facing, sounds familiar with the E60 issue. It comes from the front bonnet (join supporting part of the body frame & the bonnet), wonder is it the same with the F10 rather than suspension. Don't have F10, so can't confirm.

Hi lazyboy

I can use the various driving mode without any problem .

Davidw,

I tested my supplier e60 confirmed do not have the knocking . According to the country manager of bmw malaysia, this is the characteristic of F10 . FYI, AB replaced my front absorber before but the knocking sound become softer not as loud like the first day I got my car .

Bro halow,

I still waiting for their people to pick up my car for replace the new absorber. Raja fr Sungai Besi told me he will arrange today but till now i still haven't receive any call fr him. Don't know the appointment still on???

Getting my F10 for 6 months, every month need to send it to AB workshop for fixing problem.... Really can't believe this is RM400K car fr BMW, all my Mercedes friend laugh at me when i told them the problem i face :(

Ben10,

I believe they will come to collect your car la.. I wait untill your car fix then we go test together . So far i have tested 2 F10 (523 and 528) both dont have the front knocking sound .

Regret ler.. i saw the recon car yr end 2009 F10 Gran turismo asking for 420k .. one you sit in you will feel the luxury and tried knock the material also solid .. not like the SKD unit here... the plastic material like very thin..

ben10;607488 said:
Bro halow,

I still waiting for their people to pick up my car for replace the new absorber. Raja fr Sungai Besi told me he will arrange today but till now i still haven't receive any call fr him. Don't know the appointment still on???

Getting my F10 for 6 months, every month need to send it to AB workshop for fixing problem.... Really can't believe this is RM400K car fr BMW, all my Mercedes friend laugh at me when i told them the problem i face :(

Bro Ben10,

So far what have been the issues that you have sent it in to AB to fix?

halow;607496 said:
Ben10,

I believe they will come to collect your car la.. I wait untill your car fix then we go test together . So far i have tested 2 F10 (523 and 528) both dont have the front knocking sound .

Regret ler.. i saw the recon car yr end 2009 F10 Gran turismo asking for 420k .. one you sit in you will feel the luxury and tried knock the material also solid .. not like the SKD unit here... the plastic material like very thin..

Bro Halow,

Thanks for the reply :) The Gran Turismo road tax alone will probably cost a bomb :p...tempting though....

halow;607496 said:
Ben10,

Bro halow,

Haha... they ffk again, they want me to send in myself tomolo.

Bro Lazyboy,

problem i face

1. air-con die 2 times - happen on the 1st week i get the car, drive the hot air car to Singapore & no one fr BMW assist me.
2. front arm got knocking sound - Whole family sitting in the car listen to the "knock knock" sound produce by F10, really scare the front arm will broken suddenly.
3. front suspension screw loose - send 2 times only they found out the problem
4. Alignment fix 2 times - keep pulling to left
5. big bang sound from the rear absorber - happen when i get the car till now
6. engine off by itself while waiting traffic light - happen 1 time when my wife stop in front of the traffic light
8. air-con fan button got silk print problem - Just notice it before Chinese new year
9. don't know what will be next

I get the car on August and till now still busy for troubleshoot the problem for BMW :( really can't believe this is RM400K car. When i told my friend who drive the Merc, all laugh at me and tell me BMW = "Banyak Masuk Workshop"

Some more, BMW cheated me, i ordered CBU and they give me SKD :( very very "tu lan" of this brand already

ben10;607646 said:
Bro halow,

Haha... they ffk again, they want me to send in myself tomolo.

Bro Lazyboy,

problem i face

1. air-con die 2 times - happen on the 1st week i get the car, drive the hot air car to Singapore & no one fr BMW assist me.
2. front arm got knocking sound - Whole family sitting in the car listen to the "knock knock" sound produce by F10, really scare the front arm will broken suddenly.
3. front suspension screw loose - send 2 times only they found out the problem
4. Alignment fix 2 times - keep pulling to left
5. big bang sound from the rear absorber - happen when i get the car till now
6. engine off by itself while waiting traffic light - happen 1 time when my wife stop in front of the traffic light
8. air-con fan button got silk print problem - Just notice it before Chinese new year
9. don't know what will be next

I get the car on August and till now still busy for troubleshoot the problem for BMW :( really can't believe this is RM400K car. When i told my friend who drive the Merc, all laugh at me and tell me BMW = "Banyak Masuk Workshop"

Some more, BMW cheated me, i ordered CBU and they give me SKD :( very very "tu lan" of this brand already

Bro Ben10,

Wah lau.....somemore cheating. Guess I won't be regretting to cancel my F10 order and bring my hard earn money elsewhere! Good luck with yours!

Halow

Mind sharing more info on the GT, ie color, dealer, location? Thanks.

halow;607496 said:
Ben10,

F10 owners, please verify...I was told by AB Glenmarie that the new absorbers that are supposed to be fitted as replacement should have production date after 10 Jan 2011. There are about 20 cars here at Glenmarie and none have been called yet - simply no stock for new absorbers. Not sure for other service centers.

adri13;608391 said:
F10 owners, please verify...I was told by AB Glenmarie that the new absorbers that are supposed to be fitted as replacement should have production date after 10 Jan 2011. There are about 20 cars here at Glenmarie and none have been called yet - simply no stock for new absorbers. Not sure for other service centers.

According to the service adviser in AB, they got limited stock only and all courier fr AG. If u keep complaint then they will put u in priority list and change for u 1st.
I suspect the absorber case happen in worldwide because the service adviser told me worldwide F10 using the same absorber.
I just change mine last Friday and waiting for the fan knob to reach now.
For the rear light noise problem, we need to make complain too otherwise AG will not change for us.

docrayboy;601871 said:
My friend got his 528i a month back-no probems; so far so good. He absolutely loves it-esp the HUD and the kids love the sunroof! You owe it to yourself to get one before you depart from the face of this earth. Drives like a dream.

Dr matvinder? Hehe

Top Bottom