F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi,

Hope to get some feedback here on a problem I have.

I am driving a F10 523i with about 500kms on the odo. Everything works fine except during downshifting, the drag from engine brake is not smooth and very abrupt starting from the 25km/h mark. I don't think this is the same "jerking" problem found on many forums, and I am hoping this is due to the new car running in.

Does anyone have this problem and if so, does it go away after some mileage or it requires a fix?

Thanks!

Wow this thread has died down.
Sorry utopia, cant help you.
My dad called to say he has got two loud bang. Anyway, my sales has already got me in the Q for a replacement.
Hope to settle it before CNY which I think is too optimistic!
But the drive remains ok

Ya lor..suddenly no more issues on F10....problem resolved? dunno....BMW must have kawtim kaw-kaw for not placing more thread here maybe...:)

Yeap, usually there are 3-4 posts every day. I believe the problem on some of the members car still presist. This is not the end of the world, the problem will be solved ;)

Known problem:
  • Loud ''bang'' on the suspension
  • Funny ''squeaky'' noise when on uneven road
  • Something not assembled properly in the taillights
  • Car pulling to the left/right

No, BMW haven't solve our problem yet.... They keep telling us they already found the solution to solve the big loud bang sound problem but not action yet.
This thread suddenly so quiet because BMW want us stop advertise for them :)

ben10;600138 said:
This thread suddenly so quiet because BMW want us stop advertise for them :)

Why stop? Just keep it coming... I would love to gather all the problems that you guys are having. Just don't whine that's it ;)

Correct my if i'm wrong. I heard they are calling all defected F10 back this coming April. The loud bang is cause by the absorbers. And i heard the F10 is using the 7 series absorbers. So they are getting some new abs in.

Bro, does the navigation improve from the current version?
1. My e60 always provide wrong direction whenever i use it....so called good technology....
2. How about the electrical components? Any improvement in F10? My auto-lock window function in e60 always not working and require fixing

Azman Warren;600267 said:
Bro, does the navigation improve from the current version?
1. My e60 always provide wrong direction whenever i use it....so called good technology....
2. How about the electrical components? Any improvement in F10? My auto-lock window function in e60 always not working and require fixing

Try it @ Singapore, provide very accurate direction.

Finally I encounter the loud bang sound when drove to pinang On uneven road. I taught my car don't have this problem but only the squeaky noise when drove over road bump . I believe all f10 also have this issues.

Heard the " bang" when going over a road bump this afternoon, it's like somebody banging on the car,bloody threatening!
Will bring Up the issue with AB, I ve only done abt 3k after a month.

Bm73;600800 said:
Heard the " bang" when going over a road bump this afternoon, it's like somebody banging on the car,bloody threatening!
Will bring Up the issue with AB, I ve only done abt 3k after a month.

I met few f10 owners, all got the bang sound problem. My car almost 6 months and still waiting for BMW to solved the bang problem for me.

Is it all the F10 got the slight pulling to left problem? anyone facing the same problem like mine?

My F10 suffered another blow yesterday...the left wiper suddenly flew off after few round...so I was wiper-less for a while in the rain. Uhmm, what a sub-standard product. My kids kiddingly told me to sell off the car. They too know the loud bang problem and prefer to be driven in volvo xc60...

Tried calling Suresh BMW but he didn't return call yesterday. Got no PR lah this guy

I've done some research and no one from the US, UK, Europe or anywhere else experience the lound bang problem. However, their F10 suffers from an annoying whistling sound from the A/C system which believed to be a valves don't close properly.

Also they experienced a grinding noise and sensation when turning the steering wheel in low speed especially when you're in a process of parking your car. No immediate solution to this problem yet. You guys better watch out for this, afraid to be a discovered problem. Keep us updated!

M5POWER;601560 said:
I've done some research and no one from the US, UK, Europe or anywhere else experience the lound bang problem. However, their F10 suffers from an annoying whistling sound from the A/C system which believed to be a valves don't close properly.

Also they experienced a grinding noise and sensation when turning the steering wheel in low speed especially when you're in a process of parking your car. No immediate solution to this problem yet. You guys better watch out for this, afraid to be a discovered problem. Keep us updated!

Thanks for sharing.

According to the AB people, only Malaysia F10 got the big bang sound problem and they still
don't have the solution to solve it yet. May be road condition in Malaysia too good until F10 also cannot handle it :)

Ya la, the Malaysian road is too good! Tampal sana, tampal sini. Pot hole sana, pot hole sini.... Aiyo.

If 7/10 cars suffers from the big bang sound, then there definitely is a defect on the suspension or something related. If BMW Malaysia is aware and confirmed the statistics to BMW AG in Munich, then immediate research followed by recall is imminent.

adri13;601524 said:
My F10 suffered another blow yesterday...the left wiper suddenly flew off after few round...so I was wiper-less for a while in the rain. Uhmm, what a sub-standard product. My kids kiddingly told me to sell off the car. They too know the loud bang problem and prefer to be driven in volvo xc60...

Tried calling Suresh BMW but he didn't return call yesterday. Got no PR lah this guy

Wiper flew off??? Wow!! So call BMW dynamic efficient technology. What a shame.

adri13;601524 said:
the left wiper suddenly flew off after few round...

Wait a minute, was it only the blade or the whole arm flew off your car? If it's just the blade, better check the claw and the clip properly. Happened to my parent once, but he managed to relise the left one was getting loose (based on the pattern of the wipes on the windshield). Turned out the blade wasn't installed properly because he recently changed it.

M5POWER;601599 said:
Wait a minute, was it only the blade or the whole arm flew off your car? If it's just the blade, better check the claw and the clip properly. Happened to my parent once, but he managed to relise the left one was getting loose (based on the pattern of the wipes on the windshield). Turned out the blade wasn't installed properly because he recently changed it.

The whole arm la bro... tercabut... I have complaint once before that the wiper grind loud squeeky noise with windscreen upon reaching dead-end point (or initial position) and that particular wiper was replaced by AB technician.

adri13;601837 said:
The whole arm la bro... tercabut... I have complaint once before that the wiper grind loud squeeky noise with windscreen upon reaching dead-end point (or initial position) and that particular wiper was replaced by AB technician.

Bro adri13,
Sad to hear that and hope mine will not cabut like you

Top Bottom