F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yea bro, the car came back for "Goh Tong" then back to workshop again... Jialat

halow;592016 said:
HI safri, the sad thing is they don't even know they have fix the problem until i test drive and find our myself. now my brother drive to Ipoh and find our the car pulling to the left and have to cancel the appointment and bring the car back to the workshop .

I have the picture on the body paint , it look like a layer of gross paint with bubble inside and is coming off .. can anyone guide me how to post a picture here ?

Just found out my car got the pulling to left problem like Bro Hallow yesterday, will send to workshop for fixing again :( This will be my second time send in for fixing the pulling problem :(

The SC's "proper" alignment machine can never solve the pulling left mystery because its designed to behave that way to offset road gradient on the common European motorways. Malaysian road gradient is of different spec or shall I say no spec.. :p So outside 3rd party alignment job may solve the pulling because they never learn road gradient and it actually works! :D

This is a common problem for most cars in Malaysia due to the none conformance road specs. My Toyota MPV is running a fixed camber for the front and I had to install a camber screw to neutralise the pull left settings which not only causes the car to pull left, but also makan my right front tyre outer surface.

The loud bang finally appeared but only once. However, it was under extreme case. I was turning right at the cross junction at 1U and there was a big pot hole. I was at 50km/hr and drove thru the hole. I believe it was the bang u all are talking about.

I am not too concern as most cars will produce such sound under such circumstances. The driving experience is still good. The Ipoh trip is tomorrow, will update more after the trip.

Only dissatisfaction is the wiper collects dust easily

F10 owners, I received a phone call from AB Glenmarie this afternoon updating me on news that BMW have found solution for the loud bang. A new design rear shock absorber would replace the existing absorbers. The matter is being communicated to all dealers via bulletin. The rear absorber would be available sometimes in late Jan 11 to affected owners. However, my front absorbers sound still yet to being addressed

I am quite happy to hear this news and hopefully this matter would be officially communicated to all affected owners.

adri13;593601 said:
F10 owners, I received a phone call from AB Glenmarie this afternoon updating me on news that BMW have found solution for the loud bang. A new design rear shock absorber would replace the existing absorbers. The matter is being communicated to all dealers via bulletin. The rear absorber would be available sometimes in late Jan 11 to affected owners. However, my front absorbers sound still yet to being addressed

I am quite happy to hear this news and hopefully this matter would be officially communicated to all affected owners.

Bro Adri13, you can try ask AB sungai Besi on how they fix my front absorber. or you can pay a visit to Ingress Auto i heard they had fix two car with the front absorber knocking sound.

Ipoh trip stats:
Distance 200km door to door
Duration 80mins
Avg speed 147km/hr
Fuel consumption 10.9l/100km

Smooth driving as road was clear. Overall was good

Well done bro! So syok driving...the loud bang sound appears at high speed 120kmph for my car as I drive from KLIA towards KLIA toll plaza at precisely KM 2.9 just after the the river. The other slow test I did at about 40 kmph approaching roundabout towards Terminal 3 Skypark Subang, there is a hump. Both high speed and low speed test resulted in loud bang. I also drive along East Coast Highway and experience loud bang just after the bridge connecting Pahang River at Temerloh area. Speed was around 120kmph.

Thx God everything was ok! And am sorry for those with the loud bag issue. As stated, solution is now available. A late Xmas gift is better than never. Btw, my top speed was 195km/hr for nearly 3km. Wife said the car is very steady at high speed compared to my Mazda 6 in Sg. However, the sound proof has room for improvement.

bro Jefngkl,

I am glad to hear you have a problem free F10. i will be collecting my F10 either today or tomorrow morning after AB did the paint job and alignment adjustment. Then will do another test again and hopefully everything ok .. hopefully i dont have the loud bang sound.. Beside have you try to knock the rear left light of your car.. like you hear something is not fitted properly ?

Parted with my f10 yesterday. All good to date!
Drove back to SG in my Mazda 6. Suddenly felt a severe downgrade in handling, pickup and even the seating!!!
Nevertheless, i managed to get home in 3hr30mins!

they have not resolved the loud bang suspension yet,all they are saying they have a solution.Promised to get my car ready by end of this month but now says it may be delayed.
maybe they are just buying some time and they AB/BMW did approach individually and offered rubbish !
tired of all the waiting game with this jokers,even told to some of us to tone down messages in the facebook,probably affecting their sales!There are several cars affected with similar issues which they claim is not due to manufacturing defect but then German BMW is doing a prototype under simulation,so go figure if this is not a manufacturing defect or otherwise.a whole load of craps by this guys!So cheers and Happy New Year.

my car check in again on Monday to do the paint work.
Although they have changed the absorber for me but i still can hear a little sound when go over the bump.
BMW after sales guy told me this is the characteristic of the F10 and every F10 also have this kind of sound. But i tested my friend F10 and also 528 F10 from Ingress both do not have the sound. Will do another test once i got back my F10.

Absorber is a mechanical thing. Any electronic involve in F10 suspension? I wonder how durable for other electronics items.

halow;595537 said:
my car check in again on Monday to do the paint work.
Although they have changed the absorber for me but i still can hear a little sound when go over the bump.
BMW after sales guy told me this is the characteristic of the F10 and every F10 also have this kind of sound. But i tested my friend F10 and also 528 F10 from Ingress both do not have the sound. Will do another test once i got back my F10.

Bro Halow, i will get back my car tomolo, may be we can test the car & have a TT together :)

Top Bottom