F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For me sound is one thing but I feel unsafe. It seems the setting is too soft. So no point using "comfort" mode as it is louder and lousier. Sport mode still can hear and feel it. Not a solid suspension. I dun mind if it has the 3 series setup but this feels cheap and unsafe. BMW HQ being the premium brand and top company but they dun do sh*t on customers. Why O why?

Bro jefngkl, we hope u dun have to face this. It is a nightmare.

DJH;587545 said:
For me sound is one thing but I feel unsafe. It seems the setting is too soft. So no point using "comfort" mode as it is louder and lousier. Sport mode still can hear and feel it. Not a solid suspension. I dun mind if it has the 3 series setup but this feels cheap and unsafe. BMW HQ being the premium brand and top company but they dun do sh*t on customers. Why O why?

Bro jefngkl, we hope u dun have to face this. It is a nightmare.

Yes, everytime i drive the car i will have the unsafe feeling. The setting is too soft and u will feel difficult to control the car when drive it in highway.
I feel more confident we i drive my old e90.
The AB engineer keep telling me my car is perfect, all the problem i have are very small problem only. I told them, they shud drive the problematic car with their family then their will know my feeling

Hey guys, I spoke to a BMW representative over the weekend and rest assured this 'sound' issue has been relayed to the engineers at Germany and they are doing some simulation test to investigate this matter. As for safety concerns, there is none to worry about :)

As for suspension settings, the EDC caters to all needs, I have tried all 4 settings before and preferred the normal setting for day to day driving. In the previous E60 525 sports many complained the ride quality was a little harsh, now some said it's too soft, I guess it's not easy to satisfy everyone but with EDC it shouldn't be as issue:)

If it's still too soft set it to sport! ;)

Cheers

Dear Albundy,

We knew this notice last month , our concern is why we have to pay such amount for a problematic car with acoustic sound and etc. we are the customer here who suffer and i am actually paying for a comfort car .. to be honest i really like the comfort mode... then why i have to change to sporty mode?? if sporty mode then what for i buy F10 and i should go for a sport car..

Ben, give them some time to investigate the "problem", if the sound is indeed a "problem".

Rest assured, BMW is doing their best to address your concerns and as I said the sound does not compromise the car's safety as some of you claimed. However, the sound could be annoying to some and I would also lodge a complaint just like you did. Nothing wrong with that, but however since the F10 is a new car, give them some time to revert back to you.

I am just sharing with all of you that BMW AG is looking into the matter and is doing some simulation test to ascertain if indeed there is a 'problem', and if indeed there is a problem they will work out a solution or remedy. It is not true that your complaints have fallen on deaf ears, that's all I am saying here :)

Cheers

halow;587621 said:
Dear Albundy,

We knew this notice last month , our concern is why we have to pay such amount for a problematic car with acoustic sound and etc. we are the customer here who suffer and i am actually paying for a comfort car .. to be honest i really like the comfort mode... then why i have to change to sporty mode?? if sporty mode then what for i buy F10 and i should go for a sport car..

Halow, please read my post correctly.

I said, if its too soft then set it to Normal or Sport. If Comfort setting works for you, then leave it to Comfort mode. That is the beauty of Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), where you can select the ride quality. Previously in the E60, one can't do that and some have complained about the stiff ride quality and bought a 523i instead. So with DCC, the F10 caters to everyone's requirement where as previously you may want to change the suspension or tires if it's too stiff.

Cheers

Bro Jefngkl, please make sure you test properly before getting the car... if really have problem then leave it there...

Haha.... Bro halow & kanaga already parked thier car in "Bring More Worries" workshop for almost 2 months but no solution to date. How many months more they need and who is paying the losses for them?

ALBundy;587626 said:
Halow, please read my post correctly.

I said, if its too soft then set it to Normal or Sport. If Comfort setting works for you, then leave it to Comfort mode. That is the beauty of Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), where you can select the ride quality. Previously in the E60, one can't do that and some have complained about the stiff ride quality and bought a 523i instead. So with DCC, the F10 caters to everyone's requirement where as previously you may want to change the suspension or tires if it's too stiff.

Cheers

I understand the beauty of the DCC , i also tried the 4 mode...but normal and comfort mode that is irritating me with the knocking sounds.

no offend here and it is the topic to discuss the problems and solutions for F10 .. as for the advantages i believes we all know before we make the booking..

Halow, no problem. I could understand your frustration as you have paid a lot for the F10. As I said, BMW is doing some simulation test back in Germany to identify the source of the "sound". Once the source is identified, they will have to work on a solution, a new part maybe necessary and that too takes it. It is not like tightening a bolt or two and the sound will go away. And BMW do not manufacture all the parts, they work with partners like ZF, Boge-Sachs, Siemens and etc. Rest be assured they are working on it.

Back in 2001/2002, there was a serious problem in the E46 M3, where some engines kept blewing! Eventually the engine failure was found out to be due to the oil pump (which was assembled by a supplier) and had some tolerance problems.

BMW offered to replace the oil pump and con rod bearings for free, labour inclusive.

Similarly in your case, if indeed there is a problem BMW will take care of it, but at the mean time they need some time as the F10 is still a very new car and the F10 in Malaysia comes with DDC and Integral Active Steering which are options in some other parts of the world, so plenty of testing are done now to simulate the road conditions and climate in our country.

Cheers

Not convincing at all, BMW should make sure their product in perfect condition before they launch.
BMW should make sure all the parts supply by their partner work in perfect condition before they used it

Albundy, noise is one thing. When we drive, it does not feel safe. U have to drive it on daily basis to understand how we feel and it is not a good feeling.
Other safety issue is we will brake when we see rough road or small hole which will create that sound. If we are not careful, cars behind will hit us. The sound vibrates through the whole chasis and I hope it will not affect other components as it really resonate all over the car.

ben10;587655 said:
Not convincing at all, BMW should make sure their product in perfect condition before they launch.
BMW should make sure all the parts supply by their partner work in perfect condition before they used it

Well Ben, its easier said than done. Even Toyota, a company that boasts having the least number of complaints/faults had major recalls in the last 2 years, and lives were lost.

DJH;587661 said:
Albundy, noise is one thing. When we drive, it does not feel safe. U have to drive it on daily basis to understand how we feel and it is not a good feeling.
Other safety issue is we will brake when we see rough road or small hole which will create that sound. If we are not careful, cars behind will hit us. The sound vibrates through the whole chasis and I hope it will not affect other components as it really resonate all over the car.

DJH, don't worry about the sound as it will not compromise the car's safety and it is okie to drive through the uneven surfaces even though the sound could be annoying.I was told there is nothing serious about the sound from preliminary tests and they are doing more more tests as we speak.

Cheers

So, u mean if no live lost BMW will take the complaint seriously? I think i need to pray hard fr now :(

I am not too convinced on that as when I drive, it really feel unsafe even without the sound. It is like the problematic absorber is acting differently from other wheels. You can actually feel it.

ben10;587672 said:
So, u mean if no live lost BMW will take the complaint seriously? I think i need to pray hard fr now :(

Ben, read what I posted earlier. The engineers are doing simulation tests as we speak.

Cheers

R u fr BMW?? an insider??
Please let me know when can BMW solve my big thumbing sound

Top Bottom