F10 520d vs 523i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I love inline engine, but it's history. Diesel is not bad, cheap and powerful...

I had quite a tough time deciding between the 520d and the 523i .... then I took my gal ( a babe ) to the showroom and she said in an eloquent voice " If you are going to spend all that
money on a car, then it shouldn't sound like a taxi . " Enuff said !:eek::eek:

SilkySmooth;733814 said:
I had quite a tough time deciding between the 520d and the 523i .... then I took my gal ( a babe ) to the showroom and she said in an eloquent voice " If you are going to spend all that

lucky she did not ask you to get a merc or RR.

SilkySmooth;733814 said:

oh dear, sounds like the beginning of queen control to me.

Its a tough decision because diesel engines are relatively new to Malaysians. At the end of the day, you have to make your own choice.

Its like marrying a girl from a different race/religion.........its take a strong, strong man.

[video=youtube;vmgB7qVh0-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmgB7qVh0-w[/video]

The 523i is of course, still a very good car.......not much torque kick but good smooth silky drive.

dark1234;700312 said:
400k , range rover evoque.

Now that my BMW project is over, time to look for another car.

I tested both 2.0 and 2.2D last week. I found that the 2.2D Evoque does not have the same umph as the 520d when you tekan - maybe due to it's weight. Surprisingly the 2.0 petrol engine feels pretty good at pickup too although it has 20% less torque compared to the diesel. However i felt that the 2.0 engine is working very hard when i tested it on federal HW. Now i'm in another dilemma. Would like to seek fellow bro's opinion.....

I would like to hear bro Paul Tan's opinion on the Evoque. His comments from his blog are as follows:

"Being a dieselhead (we have a total of three turbodiesel company cars here at Driven), I was surprisedly that I found myself liking the petrol version more than the diesel. The diesel has gobs of shove when you start off and the engine note is very smooth – very unlike a diesel – but it tapers off very quickly, while the petrol engine starts off slightly weaker but rode its torque curve very well into the high ends of the rev range. It also feels more responsive."

Girl doesn't know anything about car. My wife saw a sport BMW performance Brake, of course, it is more sexy that her, than ask What is that? shock? I said it is a brake, she said Oooh... Then after a month she found out there are lot of boxes with BMW performance labels (powerkit and brake). She asked again, What are those thingy? I said Oh, they are BMW spareparts. She doubt but OK to her face...All learnt from how to declare from custom units....be general...

We have a member who recently did a Dyno for this engine, it is capable to produce 245hp and 475NM of torque. (320d+powerkit+performance exhaust)

The good thing is with that much of power and torque you still enjoy a 8-9L/100km of fuel consumption in city. If highway, you can do 1100km per tank. You know we are not fuel saver! It is the Diesel! A Green fuel nowadays.

bump into this 520d review .. great stuff ....

[video=youtube;UVeSZTfgn9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVeSZTfgn9o[/video]

Taxi sound

SilkySmooth;733814 said:

The GF must have either come from Singapore or a small town that uses old Singapore taxis as the primary transport. KL taxis has been using petrol and gas for a long long time.

MU221;740108 said:
The GF must have either come from Singapore or a small town that uses old Singapore taxis as the primary transport. KL taxis has been using petrol and gas for a long long time.

It is rather shameful to see men treat women as if they're totally ignorant about cars in this day and age. As men we should be a bit more open and educate instead of criticise and laugh at the ignorance. Did women laugh at us when we do not know the difference between an Hermes and a Prada?

In their defence, I do know girl/woman that do know their car. One in particular is my wife. She's the type that has gone to S'pore and come back with a Supersprint exhaust and even a Novitec open pod air intake in the past.

Hey, i know the difference between Hermes and Prada..!! haha :71:

primus2211;740255 said:
It is rather shameful to see men treat women as if they're totally ignorant about cars in this day and age. As men we should be a bit more open and educate instead of criticise and laugh at the ignorance. Did women laugh at us when we do not know the difference between an Hermes and a Prada?

In their defence, I do know girl/woman that do know their car. One in particular is my wife. She's the type that has gone to S'pore and come back with a Supersprint exhaust and even a Novitec open pod air intake in the past.

Primus that i agree but the ratio here are like 1 : 100 , just walk in the street ask a girl diffrent between superprint and remus or akar exhaust they look at you one kind like a pervert.

in your case your wife is a keeper i doubt some of the member here know whats is novitec or supersprint

I am having a 528i M-sport in-line 6. I can tell you all, the acoustic of it is just FANTASTIC BABY..... Especially if you drive it in Sport mode, it transformed the car from a beauty
into a beast!! Just did a test drive with my friend around my area last week. But, all d fun ends when my friend let me test drove his X6 50i. Push in the throttle and you can hear the magnificent 4.4 biturbo roaring through the night. BTW, we did test drive around 2-3am when there is not much car and d road is a perfect place to drag.

Top Bottom