ECU---> Piggyback

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Zoggee@Jun 22 2006, 02:08 AM
I am happy with my rides for the time being.I've tested my Yellow submarine at June10th HPC event ma....got videos of my slow sub against a Wira 4g93 and a Honda DC5...now I'm suffering from feul tank surge.Needs petrol baffles leh.
Ace99 was in the car when I played with the JDM.

BMW is built for Highway nia....needs a lot moolah to make it competitive la.

Thanks anyway....
faster post your videos :) how did your yellow submarine fare with the 4G93 and DC5?

zoggee...u do have a point that Beemers is very comfortable on the highways :D

:yahoo:

XL Engineering in UK is racing their 3.2 Evo registering 370WHP on chasis dyno. Pure na of course. They claimed that they can achieve more WHP but the engine is tuned for more torque than outright power. So maybe 400WHP is achieveable with just 3.2. But I/ve read somewhere that a tuner (forgot the name) has developed 3.5 and 3.7 liter S52/54 engine putting in excess of 400bhp. So maybe highly tune M50 can get that figure. But highly tuned cars are less likely suit normal driving. 400WHP with Sc or Turbo is much easier to be achieved and more normal road friendly too.

Bottom line for high power output (NA cars), 1) high RPM and 2) high compression ratio. Yup, those cars are more suited for racing than anything else. Similarly the Honda S2000 which has the highest bhp/liter for a production car, is more suited for track use.

you want to talk about serious horsepower talk to ray korman, jeff ireland and metric mechanics........

they can bring out 230bhp from a m10 2.0 NA

daniel...err..mind sharing exactly who are our smart local talents :D

:yahoo:

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 24 2006, 01:09 PM
skar...these guys u mentioned...where are they again? :D
they are reputable tuners from the US....thier companies have racing background to back up the things they do to thier engines.....btw power is not cheap.

daniel i would like to know who here is good at tuning and modding bmw engines?.....i am interested to know more..

Top Bottom