question on 318 is engine and manual tranny for my car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
There are a few E36 M42 in the forummer.. test drive one of these cars and you'll know how it'll be light for your car...

Manual tranny is quite easy to find la. Long shaft a little difficult, so may have to fabricate. Then you need the pedal set together with sleeve pump and clutch pump. Flywheel should come together with tranny and probably buy a new clutch set.

Thats about it. And the other thing, E36 4 pot engines can also use M50 gearboxes and vice versa.

Fab, depending which version of M42. Yes, the later model do have the M43 parts. But M44 is more refine and smoother drive.

albundy , which kedai potong you saw before the last time , can you tell me more about it . so that i can go there stright and check it out ....

elwine ,
i think m44 has more electronic than m42 . i prefer m42 in fact but for now im looking for manual transmission

fabian ,
the m42 manual transmission can it be use in m43 engine ?

thanks guys

ok vincent, hunt for the manual 1st. Yes, the m42 can gearbox can match with yr m43 engine.

m44 has more gadgets and different design compared to m42. 4 potter is simple engine actually, just that OBC 1 and OBC 2 which makes it more complex.

Vincent, don't forget that you need to change the wiring harness and ECU as well. If it is the later versions, you also need the ignition key to deactivate the EWS or else you won't be able to start the engine.

albundy where is happy auto ?

kevster, thats means i have to disable my chip on my key if there is no wire harness ....

Helo,

I think hapy auto is in Cahn Sow Lin. Been there few times already.
A BMW scrap yard. Lots of BMW parts imported from Singapore, Japan i think.

i got the direction from fabian and lionel but cannot go today due to work . i will go next week thanks

by the way is there anyone want to swap tranny to auto pls pm me or post here thaks ...

Top Bottom