e92/e93 buying guide..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I've checked out the Turbosmart but I don't fancy on the adjustment type BOV. Had this problem with my previous Legacy and Forester Auto. Car stalls if its not tight enough and fuel consumption also rises.. In the end I bought the GFB version which is more pricey with less headache. For me, Im going with stock. IMHO, its noot easy to adjust both BOV to the same adjustment.

Hi shlim8

Are you covered by warranty insurance. Pretty scaried of it takes one month to have the parts.

badrul880;739188 said:
I've checked out the Turbosmart but I don't fancy on the adjustment type BOV. Had this problem with my previous Legacy and Forester Auto. Car stalls if its not tight enough and fuel consumption also rises.. In the end I bought the GFB version which is more pricey with less headache. For me, Im going with stock. IMHO, its noot easy to adjust both BOV to the same adjustment.

Huh ? Did you look at the turbosmart BMW plumb back Kompact BOV kit version ? I didn't think that one was an adjustable...

The turbosmart BMW dual port Kompact BOV kit is the one that can be adjusted to recirculate and blow out to atmosphere.

Maybe I am wrong about it. I didn't want an adjustable one too !

saifuaw;739234 said:
Hi shlim8

Are you covered by warranty insurance. Pretty scaried of it takes one month to have the parts.

YES, I'm still under the 2 month's dealer's warranty. But I've also got 3 yrs Opal Insurance. Frankly having warranty/insurance is both good and a curse... it takes extra long to get the car up and running due to the claim process...

AND yes it is rather scary that any spare parts needs one month to order ???!!!

Yup,the DualPort is adjustable but the PlumbBack is just bolt-on and go.... that's why I suggested the PlumbBack.

Sorry guys.. I read wrongly.. The plumback is non adjustable.. Read the fitting instructions for dual port and it turns me off hehe..

Haha... still remember our Subaru days.A blur of crazy accelerations and eye popping g-loc turns huh??

My STi didn't have an aftermarket BOV eventhough it was pretty highly tuned.I remember Ah Chai@AE telling me to use the money for something else as the stock Subaru BOV was more than adequate.I was pretty close to getting those GFB items,ended up getting Whiteline's Camber/Castor kit instead as they cost almost the same.

supergripen;739332 said:
Haha... still remember our Subaru days.A blur of crazy accelerations and eye popping g-loc turns huh??

My STi didn't have an aftermarket BOV eventhough it was pretty highly tuned.I remember Ah Chai@AE telling me to use the money for something else as the stock Subaru BOV was more than adequate.I was pretty close to getting those GFB items,ended up getting Whiteline's Camber/Castor kit instead as they cost almost the same.

Yup I remember it vividly still. I was riding shot gun in your car with Ah Chai after your stroker kit went in.. Supermad acceleration and the tyres even spun when he whacked into 4th gear... I can say that BMW spoils me by giving me some margin off error before it takes over and correct it but in a scooby, its all you... Thats scary...

Ah Chai used to work on my wrx too !! But mine was never as extreme in mod - just bigger turbo, custom tune, catless + exhaust... I always felt that the gearbox can't take the strain with all the clunking noise during hard gear changes.... but ah chai always said it'll be fine... he was right though... after 3 years years still good.

So 335i is the car of choice for ex scoooby owners ? ha ha...

shlim8;739541 said:
Ah Chai used to work on my wrx too !! But mine was never as extreme in mod - just bigger turbo, custom tune, catless + exhaust... I always felt that the gearbox can't take the strain with all the clunking noise during hard gear changes.... but ah chai always said it'll be fine... he was right though... after 3 years years still good.

Hahaha... I guess so.A neighbour of mine who used to own a ver7 STi just bought an e90,but not a 335 la.Pretty close though..

I have complete trust in Ah Chai.He is a master sifu when it comes to Subarus,and I like that he always takes the time to explain things to you when he does repairs or mods to our cars.I still send my other car to him:)
Would still love to own a Subaru if I have the means.

Well the Scooby after the 335 is most prolly never but the Scooby that comes to complement the 335 will be the S204 for me. The newer Scoobies is just so wrong...

shlim8;739541 said:

Lol...im a ex-wrx owner too...used to go by the nick jwrx.

Ryou;741916 said:
Lol...im a ex-wrx owner too...used to go by the nick jwrx.

Hey,I remember you... I used the same nick at SCM.

BRZ? Only if and when it comes with a turbo and AWD;)

Top Bottom