e92/e93 buying guide..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
On the depreciation of our 335's, i think its a small price to pay for the pleasure we get. No cars will appreciate, maybe except the classics. So guys, enjoy it max and take good care of it. If we always wait year by year, eventually we will be getting a 10 year old car, and again the cycle starts again, drooling at the latest model again. : ) And supergrippen is right, the 4 door 335 is a gem. I should have gotten a grey unit, and it was booked the day i went to Tenaga Wan. So the situation is still the same, me and mrs infront, 3 and 4 year olds with 1 maid wrestles for space behind....havoc......

soulfood;736938 said:
Ask fadhlan committee member...he is very well versed with this e92 325i

without i drive, second hand value will be slightly lower, but then who needs i-drive. esp the older version. I only use the stero functions. But the kids love to twist i drive dial. and 325 engine is practically problem free i think....for pricing im not too sure.....

Is there a recon E92 325 M sport? I remember reading somewhere the coupe's suspension is harder than say, a comparable E90 non-msport?

Daniel E30;737665 said:
: ) And supergrippen is right, the 4 door 335 is a gem. I should have gotten a grey unit, and it was booked the day i went to Tenaga Wan. So the situation is still the same, me and mrs infront, 3 and 4 year olds with 1 maid wrestles for space behind....havoc......

Glad I didn't sell my little Toothless... cuz I love it now even more hehe;)

badrul880;737915 said:
Keep it bro.. Thats the last 6 in line we will see from the roundel..

Definitely.. extremely glad and proud to be part of the TWIN TATAS OWNERS CLUB:)

So,any new goodies for yours? I'm getting a set of KW V2.

supergripen;737973 said:
Definitely.. extremely glad and proud to be part of the TWIN TATAS OWNERS CLUB:)

So,any new goodies for yours? I'm getting a set of KW V2.

Nothing new been bz slaying the grind. Congrats on the KWs. Mind pm'ing me the cost and where you will be purchasing it? Thanks.

badrul880;738002 said:
Nothing new been bz slaying the grind. Congrats on the KWs. Mind pm'ing me the cost and where you will be purchasing it? Thanks.

Supergripen, do you mind Pm'ing me the cost and where you will be purchasing the KW V2 as well.... Probably need to explore that...

BTW, someone offered me new set of rear KW V2 .... was very curious as to why the owner had a new set of the 2 rears... his answer was that the rears wear out quickly so that was his spare set in case.... ??? Anyway it didn't seem economical to buy his rears and then look for new fronts... esp at the price he was asking for.

SilverBullet;738564 said:
There's a 2008 e93 cabriolet unreg going for rm235k only..monaco blue with idrive etc..haizz

U must have retrieved this from mudah.my...a moment i read it i was pretty annoyed coz i bought my e93 early this year with very premium $$$...:(

Just enjoy d the ride. I stop checking prices long ago. Check mags like BMW performance for some inspiration mods for oyr 335. The latest issue has a 4 door 335 like supergripen which is a m3 slayer at 450 hp

soulfood;738643 said:
U must have retrieved this from mudah.my...a moment i read it i was pretty annoyed coz i bought my e93 early this year with very premium $$$...:(

Me too ! I paid higher for my 2007 E93 earlier this year. Irritating thing was that the moment, the moment I paid my balance payment, one E93 comes up for sale at a much lower price.... Sianz.. And that was after I searched months for a E93 and all the prices were about the same !

shlim8;738949 said:
Me too ! I paid higher for my 2007 E93 earlier this year. Irritating thing was that the moment, the moment I paid my balance payment, one E93 comes up for sale at a much lower price.... Sianz.. And that was after I searched months for a E93 and all the prices were about the same !

Bro,

We are at the same boat ....but never mind ...my baby e93 has been behaving good and i can feel the joy while handling it....just enjoy bro with our rare breed e 93...huhu

soulfood;738643 said:

not quite sure the one in mudah..but this is the one i'm referring to:

IMG-20120429-00481-1.jpg

IMG-20120429-00475.jpg

sorry colour is actually midnight blue or something..very rare blue/black..nice interior too..anybody interested can PM me for details..darn this is a good buy..feel like trading in mine now..

SilverBullet;738991 said:
not quite sure the one in mudah..but this is the one i'm referring to:

IMG-20120429-00481-1.jpg

IMG-20120429-00475.jpg

sorry colour is actually midnight blue or something..very rare blue/black..nice interior too..anybody interested can PM me for details..darn this is a good buy..feel like trading in mine now..

Bro silverb,

I must agree with u it is very rare...definitely not the one that advertised in mudah.my...that one is grey in colour...mine is also grey but it came ACS rim plus the engine is smooth....and recently got it preserved to sustain its reliability...

i agree with u bro..just like sifu daniel said, enjoy our rides..forget about the past and move on :)

look at the bright side, we have enjoyed the experience of driving our dream machines much earlier in our lives rather than a few hundred days later :)

SilverBullet;739004 said:
i agree with u bro..just like sifu daniel said, enjoy our rides..forget about the past and move on :)

look at the bright side, we have enjoyed the experience of driving our dream machines much earlier in our lives rather than a few hundred days later :)

Ha ha I would like to enjoy my ride......

BUT unfortunately, it's been in hospital for over 1.5 weeks now.... It's been leaking air from it's lungs (turbo boost leak) and after that it was diagnosed with a leak from the turbo bypass valve. It's not an expensive part BUT no stock in KL and ordering the part takes a month !!!! Ended up driving down to SG to pick up the 2 DV valves.... sianz....

I have to say that the quality of the bypass valve is shocking (cheap looking plastic) and the hoses that BMW uses, looks like those household cable organizer tubes... Ha ha... Will have to seriously consider changing to an aftermarket valve with silicon hoses. I see this is also a common point of failure in the US forums.

Can you indicate the price of the 2 DV and where do you purchase it? Wanna buy and keep just in case tho..

badrul880;739164 said:
Can you indicate the price of the 2 DV and where do you purchase it? Wanna buy and keep just in case tho..

It's about S$154.xx - it's S&72 each excl GST. Bought it from Eng Soon down at Serangoon Rd. (the workshop was going to order from local supplier at US$100+ each !!!).

There is just one more set of DVs though... (they had 2 sets and I bought 1 set).

Anyway, I would suggest that you buy the Turbosmart aftermarket valve as suggested by bro supergripen. It looks like a solid upgrade and can hold boost better, esp if you're going for JB4. At least it looks pretty solid. You can choose from a full recirculating (no psst noise) or vent out to the atmosphere version (psst noise).

I would have gone for the Turbosmart recirculating version (no noise), if I wasn't in a rush to get my car up and running. Still keen to get it one day. The original looks very flimsy.

Thanks for the info. Will be off to SG next week for a conference and might as well get it. Anyway will google the turbosmart one before making the purchase.

Top Bottom