E90 Servicing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

armi

Club Guest
Hello all Sifus,Anyone know of a good place, preferably in PJ, for servicing? Car is no longer under warranty so do not need to go back to AB :top:. Although the light indicator is not up thought I'd do an oil change (considering the murkiness of 5k oil change posted elsewhere.. urghh) and some checkups here and there.Thanks!!!

Service centres outside AB/Ingress etc :

1. Benson Auto ss2, PJ (did my oil change + filter + Spark-plugs, rm 485-00)

Hello

Only 1 place so far? Any others?

Bimmer910, did they have the tool to reset the OBC for E90s?

E90 is a 2005 car and not many sold in the year because its CBU and damn expensive, the CKD units are mostly with warranty and BRSI intact, so they return to SC for servicing. That explains things a little.

As for the diagnostic software, its get updated just like a Microsoft software and the later version obviously has E90 in it.

2005 E90 1st hand owners are ..... rich.. :p

I would say that most of the E90 owners send their cars back to Auto Bavaria, Ingress Auto, Sapura Auto, etc authorized dealers for servicing. IMO, it is not worth to send your car to a normal outside workshop just to save a little bit of money when you have already spent more than RM 200k to buy your car. It's not a cheap car anyway. Just my opinion :wink:

Bimmer910;343746 said:
Service centres outside AB/Ingress etc :

1. Benson Auto ss2, PJ (did my oil change + filter + Spark-plugs, rm 485-00)

Benson Auto is a good place. I would send my E92 to them after my warranty expires. If you build a friendship with the boss there, he can be very helpful. I experienced that when I had my E46. I wonder if Mr. Liang still has his E39 528i?

Thanks JPB - Guess I'll bring it to Ingress.

Do you guys service only when the alert appears or every X amount of km?

Ok got the answer elsewhere, every 12.5 k (mid 25k) is safe. Thanks.

I still think running our oil up to 12.5k km is a little on the high side, I don't think we should stretch above 10k km with Full Sync oil. My first oil change was 5k km and 2nd oil change is planned to be at 15k. All my subsequent oil change will be planned at 8-9k km interval just to match with the complimentary 25k km service.. untill BSRI expires, I will still to 10k km..

Top Bottom