E90 BMW 325 M Sports 2007' battery

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Porsche168

Club Guest
Where is the best place in terms of lower price to get a battery for this car? AB quoted $1400 ! Kindly provide phone number as well.Also with all the high tech electronics in this car is it advisable to remove and disconnect the battery and charge battery as a DIY? Any sifu out there?

Is not advisable to change your battery at ur own as you might lost some of your OBC setting and records.

I have check the price from kedai lain, as it cost around RM800... but! The shop owner advise me to change it with BMW as their battery were from Germany and the lifetime actually longer than local or thailand made battery. I'm not very sure whether the battery supplied by BMW is from German or not.... You'll hv to find out from Ingress.

What he quoted "BMW original battery can last for 4 years and the other same spec battery can last for only 2 years."

As I bought my car in 2007 but manufactured 2006, until now the battery still "OK", touch wood...

Thanks Dannis, my car is sept 2007, thus only 2 yrs old. But last week AB says the voltage drop a bit, so might need new battery soon. But soon .....

My ori E46 batt lasted 6 years before changing it. I expect the E90's to last about that time too.

yea, buy OEM BMW batt for safest bet! u dont wanna mess around with 'cipalak' batt which 'might' start a FIRE!

Porsche168;450054 said:
Where is the best place in terms of lower price to get a battery for this car? AB quoted $1400 ! Kindly provide phone number as well.

Also with all the high tech electronics in this car is it advisable to remove and disconnect the battery and charge battery as a DIY? Any sifu out there?

DELKOR ( Made in Korea ) - Cash & Carry Price

DIN 55 - RM295
DIN 66 - RM340
DIN 72 - RM370
DIN 75 - RM400
DIN 85 - RM500
DIN100 - RM530
DIN110 - RM560
DIN 90 - RM660

If you need to buy PM me, then I will inform him that you are coming and he will give you this price. His shop in Taman Rasa Sayang , PJ. You will have to get someone to fix it

etquah;451015 said:
DELKOR ( Made in Korea ) - Cash & Carry Price

DIN 55 - RM295
DIN 66 - RM340
DIN 72 - RM370
DIN 75 - RM400
DIN 85 - RM500
DIN100 - RM530
DIN110 - RM560
DIN 90 - RM660

If you need to buy PM me, then I will inform him that you are coming and he will give you this price. His shop in Taman Rasa Sayang , PJ. You will have to get someone to fix it

Bro you got anything equivalent to a 68 ampere hours / NS70L

Porsche168;451323 said:
Thanks everybody for the kind replies :top:.

By the way what is MF battery?

Maintenance Free -= no need to top up with battery water

IsaacVky;451081 said:
Bro you got anything equivalent to a 68 ampere hours / NS70L

Check with my friend, they ahve buy usually for Japanese made car & less powerful

Bro i personally advise u to get the OEM batt from BMW.Eventhough it is rm 600 more xpensive from the aftermarket, but on the 2nd thought...what is rm600 for a piece of mind.

hi,

i also have the same sept '07 325i m sports and recently the people from sapura auto also told me my battery was weak, at 60%. i was surprised at first cause the car is only 2 years old and the battery is depleting so fast but then again, its a high mileage car, it is clocked at 100600km now. so i'm just curious, does the extra gadgets would really drain the battery? what other thing would affect the battery?

a camry from 2003 could use the original battery for 6 years.

thanks.

nazli;452730 said:
Bro i personally advise u to get the OEM batt from BMW.Eventhough it is rm 600 more xpensive from the aftermarket, but on the 2nd thought...what is rm600 for a piece of mind.

For a BMW chop on the battery gotta pay 600 more o boss, worthwhile? :love:

Delkor is the OEM battery for a lot of car manufacturers. In fact Sonata NF 2.4L, CBU from Korea is using Delkor as oem with Hyundai chop.

aroha;454072 said:
hi,

i also have the same sept '07 325i m sports and recently the people from sapura auto also told me my battery was weak, at 60%. i was surprised at first cause the car is only 2 years old and the battery is depleting so fast but then again, its a high mileage car, it is clocked at 100600km now. so i'm just curious, does the extra gadgets would really drain the battery? what other thing would affect the battery?

a camry from 2003 could use the original battery for 6 years.

thanks.

When the car is not moving, the only thing that is utilizing your battery is the alarm system which is insignificant compared to the battery power drawn during cranking up the engine and alternator will take over from here on and charging the battery. That said, MOST if not all of the time battery is not utilized fully.
On your question of why it only lasted 2 years @ 100k KM, if you do your driving in city most of the time and less than 10KM, battery will undercharge, and to make it worse, more frequently cranked. Thus battery lifespan will decrease. If you did it mostly on highway for a long distance, battery should last longer.

:top:
is it advisable as a DIY to charge while the battery on-board? I have a charger and tempted to charge it without dismantling any wire! Any sifu out there who can advise?

Of course you can charge it without disconnecting it bro. Disconnect and you'll lose all your personal settings. Just don't do an external charge with the engine running, that's all. ;)

Porsche168;454102 said:
:top:
is it advisable as a DIY to charge while the battery on-board? I have a charger and tempted to charge it without dismantling any wire! Any sifu out there who can advise?

Constant Current or Voltage charger?
You gotta know the difference bro. :love:

Top Bottom