E90 325, e60 525, VW GTI mk6 or Audi Q5?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

energy

Club Guest
hi all,i am coming back to KL.Sold my e90 323i highline in Spore. dont want to spend more than rm300k for my car, cause have to buy another ride for wife too.I am thinking of either a e90 325, preowned 525, vw gti mk6 or audi Q5.please advice. no more bmw for4ever...energy

energy;457890 said:
hi all,
i am coming back to KL.
Sold my e90 323i highline in Spore. dont want to spend more than rm300k for my car, cause have to buy another ride for wife too.
I am thinking of either a e90 325, preowned 525, vw gti mk6 or audi Q5.
please advice.

no more bmw for4ever...
energy

Q5 very tempting, but nothing beats UDM !!!

energy;457890 said:
hi all,
i am coming back to KL.
Sold my e90 323i highline in Spore. dont want to spend more than rm300k for my car, cause have to buy another ride for wife too.
I am thinking of either a e90 325, preowned 525, vw gti mk6 or audi Q5.
please advice.

no more bmw for4ever...
energy

Bro, if you can wait, then Q5 (9 months waiting period). If not, then GTI MK6 which will only be launched somewhere Nov and most probably can get car latest in Feb 2010. Want quick, then e90 325i or Scirocco. Forget abt the e60 525i..... too old man look la....

e90 325 sport - sport exec sedan
e60 525 - exec saloon
mk6 - hot hatch
audi q5 - soccer mom

take ur pick.:top:

energy,
all the 4 cars u mention are best of its class... so u need to decide wat class of car u need. hot hatch = GTI. SUV = q5. since u've tried e90 before maybe u wanna also consider c230 too... if u can wait, new 5 series will be good choice instead of perowned 525.

glock_8;457982 said:
e90 325 sport - sport exec sedan
e60 525 - exec saloon
mk6 - hot hatch
audi q5 - soccer mom

take ur pick.:top:

my next car options in 2 -3 years...:top:

• New E series ( I think getting old and the family need a smoother ride ...need to start saving now for this ... :)
  • new 5 series sedan - a 530i? ..again need to start saving now for this ... :)
  • Q5 - more of a soccer dad I think .. more versatile and go anywhere than a sedan
  • Lexus G300 ??? ...

RIKI;458007 said:
my next car options in 2 -3 years...:top:

• New E series ( I think getting old and the family need a smoother ride ...need to start saving now for this ... :)
  • new 5 series sedan - a 530i? ..again need to start saving now for this ... :)
  • Q5 - more of a soccer dad I think .. more versatile and go anywhere than a sedan
  • Lexus G300 ??? ...

Q5 / X3 / C-RV / Rav 4 - more of a mum's car...Q7 / X5 / Range Rover now that's daddy's:wink:

I personally think that the Q5 is about the right size for most family... If we were to take X3 and X5 as comparison, Q5 slots in between the 2 for its size. The X3 is tad too small.. The X5 a little too big... this made the Q5 a good seller when it comes to size.. As for engine, the 2.0 TFSI is more than enough for most of its buyers. More so for countries with high road tax, like ours.

how much is the Q5? rm 299k or rm315k? how mush is the S-line version?

thanks.

fabianyee;458037 said:
I personally think that the Q5 is about the right size for most family... If we were to take X3 and X5 as comparison, Q5 slots in between the 2 for its size. The X3 is tad too small.. The X5 a little too big... this made the Q5 a good seller when it comes to size.. As for engine, the 2.0 TFSI is more than enough for most of its buyers. More so for countries with high road tax, like ours.

With the 2.0 TFSI engine Q5 is one quick SUV
On paper a Q5 can out sprint a 325i sports ?!! ( 7.2s vs 7.7s to the 100km/hr)

now that is one fast soccer mom SUV :wink:

I think they are launching the E90 Diesel next month. Maybe as powerful as 325i

forget about E90 325i since you been driving in s'pore, get something else..

lotsa problem with E90 325i nowadays. interior paint sucks big time! chipping everywhere...god damn it! its a laughing stock commented by many who seen it!

Really Spaceman? Where is it peeling? Yours is a 2006 unit - I don't have such a problem yet and would like to know where to expect it down the road.

energy;458087 said:
how much is the Q5? rm 299k or rm315k? how mush is the S-line version?

thanks.

std q5 rm300k .... s line rm30k more.. good thing is that u can customise your q5. interior n exterior colour. spec your options too. however, bad news is 9 months waiting

Schwepps;458145 said:
Really Spaceman? Where is it peeling? Yours is a 2006 unit - I don't have such a problem yet and would like to know where to expect it down the road.

yea, watch out the handbrake area, seatbelt buckles area, rear air-cond vents + ashtray front panel (changed 1 once + ashtray= RM4xx.xx), coin compartment below headlight switch (bought 1 spare but lazy to change), driver door handle, all 3 other passenger handles ('clasp' as known in realoem.com catalogue) - i bought 3 pcs, 1 replaced, 2 spares.

Center console is Rm1668.07. i m getting ready to order this if the damn thing start peeling. noticed a little nicks and cuts around the center console...not sure when it occurred but i've been very careful not to touch these spots for no reasons...:rolleyes:

Spaceman;458154 said:
yea, watch out the handbrake area, seatbelt buckles area, rear air-cond vents + ashtray front panel (changed 1 once + ashtray= RM4xx.xx), coin compartment below headlight switch (bought 1 spare but lazy to change), driver door handle, all 3 other passenger handles ('clasp' as known in realoem.com catalogue) - i bought 3 pcs, 1 replaced, 2 spares.

Center console is Rm1668.07. i m getting ready to order this if the damn thing start peeling. noticed a little nicks and cuts around the center console...not sure when it occurred but i've been very careful not to touch these spots for no reasons...:rolleyes:

Aiyoh bro, you also replaced the few items. I had the following replaced under warranty
. Rear air convent cover, driver's side door handle tray, right rear passenger door handle, driver side door central locking system.

Recently found out the driver seatbelt buckle area chipping.

Damn bloody low quality materials used for a so-called luxury vehicle (close to a quarter million ringgit).
Are we just buying this damn UDM for the name sake...? They don't built quality BMW these days unlike which they used to in their previous models.

Project to be considered (carbon fiber laminations);

10228d1165555979-e90-steering-wheel-interior-bmw-e90-silver-carbon-fiber-5-.jpg

Top Bottom