E90 2005 - pregnant lady light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RLikeBM

Club Guest
Just got my self a E90 acquired a year ago.Now, I have the following issues:-i) airbag sensor - pregnant lady never seems to go off though changed the battery and the U shape battery cap. The light came about 8 months ago and still there. Any idea what else I need to replace?

Pregnant lady light came on 8 months ago, so there's 1 more month to go? I suppose you need to find out what your E90 did with her former owner!

Kidding...no idea mate. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Schwepps;591194 said:
Pregnant lady light came on 8 months ago, so there's 1 more month to go? I suppose you need to find out what your E90 did with her former owner!

Kidding...no idea mate. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh yeah,..hah!! funny!! the way I put things simply,.. :))

What I meant was the airbag light,..

any idea

could be a faulty airbag or seatbelt sensor or occupant seat sensor or loose connection.

better to get it scan at authorised workshop to determine the actual cause.

What battery did u use? The newer BMW is very sensitive in battery choice and u need to register the battery in the ECU to calibrate the system with the new battery, failing to do so can cause a lady to become pregnant.. :p

Better get it diagnosed. Mine happened twice. First was some faulty sensor. got it fixed. Months later reappear. Apparently "not enough power" from the battery and some harness was replaced.

aiyoh, just changed battery to local ones,..GP can ar?

what batery would you suggest?

N66,..

Is it the battery because before that the "lamp / headlight" sign warning also came out,..

RLikeBM;591506 said:
N66,..

Is it the battery because before that the "lamp / headlight" sign warning also came out,..

YES! Wrong battery.. I only know if I replace mine, it has to be at least N95 if not N100. N66 is TOO SMALL! N66 is about 66AH and your alternator is capable of charging at least 90AH battery. I dun know if you can even register an N66 battery.. check with a BMW workshop that has the proper diagnostic equipment.

A lot of write up here on E9x battery, spend sometime to read it.. http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?26758-E90-car-battery-at-RM1k

Thanks for the thread,

I gather that I don' have to pay a bomb of RM1000 for the battery as I still can buy OEM (in this case GP also can) but with 90AH.

I also have changed the stupid battery bracket (the u shape right) which cost rm250,..funny thing is AB don;t have stock, so had to order from Singapore resulting my to be in the workshop for a week.

RLikeBM;591523 said:
Thanks for the thread,

I gather that I don' have to pay a bomb of RM1000 for the battery as I still can buy OEM (in this case GP also can) but with 90AH.

I also have changed the stupid battery bracket (the u shape right) which cost rm250,..funny thing is AB don;t have stock, so had to order from Singapore resulting my to be in the workshop for a week.

How is your new battery? why did u have to change the bracket?

bimmerdude;594239 said:
How is your new battery? why did u have to change the bracket?

The bracket was fused before I changed the battery. I have changed to DIN88 battery, the closest to 90AH.

Every is A O K so far,..:top:

Top Bottom