E46 Engines

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fabianyee;837377 said:
Not to be mean but with 2k -2.5k basic, it's a stretch to maintain the E46....
Actually with the crime rates, i'd rather drive around with my faded red 20 year old Mazda Astina... hahaha... Forget to lock car also no one touch... :p Peace of mind...
Traffic jam, no problem.. I given signal and join next lane, no one dare come close :p
Try doing that in a BMW.. Sayang..
For that very purpose I am looking for an old kembara as a 2nd car plus driving at doggie around

wingzee;837352 said:
Close RM25k in maintenance and RM15k in mods. But mine is an exceptional case as I'm being too anal when comes to nitty gritty parts of the car. :D

ARGH!!! looks like we have something in common then. hands tend to get very itchy to modify the car huh??? But maintenance only is often where else mods are more to one of mod what. Anyways gonna inbox you bro. Some things to discuss.

gendong;837359 said:
siva......invest some of ur time to lepak with the guys....then u'd understand more and.....may u see the light....

Yeah bro. Waiting for the next tts to join them. Masih malu kot. All beemers I sesat saga going in. :p

Lithium2;837357 said:
2k salary.... if no commitment, stay with parents..... no night life....... no drinking habits...... everyday nasi lemak should be able to make it la

Bro. Now only 20 la. Girlfriend pun tarak. Apa commitment. Lol. Night life pun jarang d la nowadays. No lubang to take and go (if you guys know what I mean ;) ;) ;) ) Drinking habits that sure got but occasionally. Nasi lemak?? Nothing beats home cooked food bro! But actually I already did a quotation for what I will need to spend my money on. Got quite an amount of savings actually....

fabianyee;837377 said:
Not to be mean but with 2k -2.5k basic, it's a stretch to maintain the E46....
Actually with the crime rates, i'd rather drive around with my faded red 20 year old Mazda Astina... hahaha... Forget to lock car also no one touch... :p Peace of mind...
Traffic jam, no problem.. I given signal and join next lane, no one dare come close :p
Try doing that in a BMW.. Sayang..

Bro USJ where do you live???

Well crime rates can't do much about it. We must be careful about it only I see it. Hahahaha The changing lane is cekap. When's the last I was caught in a jam.... Hmmmm.... Forgot already. Lol

siva93;837461 said:
Bro. Now only 20 la. Girlfriend pun tarak. Apa commitment. Lol. Night life pun jarang d la nowadays. No lubang to take and go (if you guys know what I mean ;) ;) ;) ) Drinking habits that sure got but occasionally. Nasi lemak?? Nothing beats home cooked food bro! But actually I already did a quotation for what I will need to spend my money on. Got quite an amount of savings actually....

If money is not a problem, by all means go for it! Once you experience the Ultimate Driving Machine, there is no turning back. You will not look at Japanese cars anymore.

Lithium2;837492 said:
If money is not a problem, by all means go for it! Once you experience the Ultimate Driving Machine, there is no turning back. You will not look at Japanese cars anymore.

Hahaha Definitely bro. Ever since I drove an E46 back 3 years ago, Skyline,Silvia all flew out of the window. It has been only Beemer's and Benz ever since. But nothing can beat the Beemer's Sporty look!

Now got some spare time, wanna do some reasearch of Beemer's engine....

Looking forward to c bro siva with your future 'GF' in any of our tt.
No turning back bro....hehe

Shahrezan;837545 said:
Looking forward to c bro siva with your future 'GF' in any of our tt.
No turning back bro....hehe

Definitely bro I will come. I am anxious to meet all the beemer lovers at the next tt's. But my gf may come end of this year or next year. Still thinking should I present myself the beemer for my 21st birthday. ;) haha. Loner forever.... hahaha.

siva93;837337 said:
Not 2.5k bro. From 2k-2.5k.

Oh Not cheap to maintain??? Cause I actually surveyed on the Maintaince and service Part 3. I see the parts to change are cheap. Or my eyes deceive me again? :63:
Frankly i think its better you wait. Unless you are buying the car in cash (no monthly mortgage) and do not plan any social life its really not advisable coz the calculations do not show its sufficient. You still need to pay for insurance and petrol every month.

Bro Siva, I'm quite agree with sifu here..better wait!

I bought mine M43TU19 in Jan13 in a not bad condition, but still, up to now, already spent about 8k++ to change the wear and tear parts to bring it back to tip top condition. Take note, we are ONLY talking at M43 which is quite a well known lower maintenance BM and please be alert I haven't really touch on cosmetic yet!
Yes! Some repair we can do it step by step in stages.but unfortunately, some don't.

Base on experience that I gain when I was hunting my E46.Unless you pay cash, else please don't expect you will getting a good offer loan (because of the car age). You will need to expect "min" 5.5% interest with maximum 3 years installment.

Don't put yourself into trouble and stress when you have choice :)

Sigh. Actually I kinda agree with you all after taking a nice long drive from USJ to Klang and back to USJ. Guess I have to work my @## off to get paid higher then maybe just buy F30 or what. Kinda attractive once I started reading about 320d. ;) Hopes shattered..... Again...... Nvm la. I just come tts with my saga. See you all drive. Kasi bakar sikit dalam hati gua.... :p But isn't the interest rate a bit too high even for 2nd hand car??? And I thought maximum loan can get for this car would be 7 years actually.

siva93;837673 said:
Sigh. Actually I kinda agree with you all after taking a nice long drive from USJ to Klang and back to USJ. Guess I have to work my @## off to get paid higher then maybe just buy F30 or what. Kinda attractive once I started reading about 320d. ;) Hopes shattered..... Again...... Nvm la. I just come tts with my saga. See you all drive. Kasi bakar sikit dalam hati gua.... :p But isn't the interest rate a bit too high even for 2nd hand car??? And I thought maximum loan can get for this car would be 7 years actually.

Any cars that car more than 10 years old, the maximum financing tenor will be lesser than the standard 5, 7 and 9 years. A 2004 model can only be loan up to 6 years (assume taken up this year) with interest of 3.5%. The older the car, the shorter the financing tenor & the higher the interest rates will be. And like what many others have said, maintenance of such an old car is inevitable, despite the cheap market value nowadays.

Siva, no offense meant but u will definately require much higher income if u want to owe a BMW n if u r passionate with it.

I might b an extreme case - I've been driving around n maintaining for d past 13yrs in two 3er, e36 n e46. My total bills to date c/w supporting invoices totalled abt
RM360k for maintenance n mods. Pls note that my cars r not "lemon cases" Excluding petrol, insurance n road tax.

However if u can manage with ur current income, I m happy for u.

Siva further to d above, there r ppl out there who think that they maintained their car exceptionaly n there r those who really maintain their car exceptionaly. Its time n consuming

Hehe... no lemon car but lemon owner.. udm68 is one owner that would keep a spare engine for his cars.. haha!

I was jobless when I first own a used E36 318i manual.. super low maintenance and drinks like a Kancil!

astroboy;837737 said:
I was jobless when I first own a used E36 318i manual.. super low maintenance and drinks like a Kancil!

Some people are just so lucky.....

siva93;837673 said:

Sport, no offence, but you're still a kid. You'd be better off saving the money and heading back to college. Just my 2 cents worth.

Think of it as a life time investment coz

1. not many cars can keep you and family safe on the road as well as a BMW
2. no one ask you to get the highest spec BMW
3. no one ask you to change car every 3 years
4. Set priority on repairs, many are not critical.. i.e. I won't change my absorber until it leaks, not 10 years, not 20 years, I will allow engine oil leaks to get serious until it starts to wet my porch and until I had to top up every week.

Top Bottom