BMW N42B20 Engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aidilj;815527 said:
Guys, do share the reason why the plan for top overhaul. Bro kby88's machine had a problem where water will sip into one of the cylinder causing hard to start and losing water. Causing him to top up coolant every now and then.

Solution to this problem is top overhaul as it is suspected that the head was a bit warped when he had an overheat not too long ago.

Anyway, this was done in penang at around rm2k.

Cheers and correct me if I'm wrong bro kby88

Bro Aidilj,
Mine only due to leakage everywhere, oil sump, flywheel, the top gasket, & possible valve seal? (Slight white smoke during morning, not significant, almost un noticeable)..no problem with water going into engine... So one of the workshop recommends might as well go for top overhaul (he estimated cost for gasket change &labor is significant too)...have yet to check around with other workshops though... is it not necessary? Or bad idea?

azeL_Inc;815535 said:
Bro Aidilj,
Mine only due to leakage everywhere, oil sump, flywheel, the top gasket, & possible valve seal? (Slight white smoke during morning, not significant, almost un noticeable)..no problem with water going into engine... So one of the workshop recommends might as well go for top overhaul (he estimated cost for gasket change &labor is significant too)...have yet to check around with other workshops though... is it not necessary? Or bad idea?

Mine also looks the same with you

Ibrahim Hanif;815536 said:
Mine also looks the same with you

haha.mine got new 'development', in past few days, lots of white smoke come out now..very significant n noticeable....previously very small amount... Now not only during cold start, idle at traffic light also got smoke..I guess top overhaul is imminent now? Haha

If anyone got idea on other possible cause, pls share..

Hi guys,
Live update.. Collected my car today aft 2hrs of driving the DSC & handbrake light say hi to me and no bye.
At the workshop now checking..

azeL_Inc;815932 said:
haha.mine got new 'development', in past few days, lots of white smoke come out now..very significant n noticeable....previously very small amount... Now not only during cold start, idle at traffic light also got smoke..I guess top overhaul is imminent now? Haha

If anyone got idea on other possible cause, pls share..

need to replace valve seals i guess..i am also facing the same issue..

today got a chance to test the N42 on sepang.......
car handle well, but lack of power =(

anaksarawak;816430 said:
Bro kby88, your are seriously fast la. You are doing 160-180 on the long stretch :)
Long stretch boleh la....corner berterabur bro...hahaha

softmuffin;815454 said:
Guys is good that everyone sharing their N42B20 experiences. As for me, I'll be going collect my ride this weekend. Some info from the web, for those who topup engine oil 1L+- after 4-5K might want to consider 5W-50 engine oil. Especially high mileage engine 100Km.
Bro, mind to share some info regarding your newly purchased rude? Tempted to get an e46 as well

1week already so far so good. Other then the faulty pressure sensor and screw rattling sound around under the dash during pick up..

kob3bryant;817413 said:
Bro, mind to share some info regarding your newly purchased rude? Tempted to get an e46 as well

bro kob3,

I may be thinking of letting go of my ride....(been juggling between e39 or e60). Its a low miler Jpec Msport e46 PM me.

cheers.

Last night at OTT, i was told both heat exchangers at engine and gearbox need to be replaced every 50,000km. Remember to buy the gaskets too

anaksarawak;817485 said:
Last night at OTT, i was told both heat exchangers at engine and gearbox need to be replaced every 50,000km. Remember to buy the gaskets too
Heat exchanger???? what is that? :p

kby88;817886 said:
Heat exchanger???? what is that? :p

MTY1MDQxX3A=.png

3040718.001_1053big.jpg

The heat ex-changer don't last forever and it can be blocked and cause over heating issues. BA Segambut quoted RM300 new from BEHR

anaksarawak;817889 said:
MTY1MDQxX3A=.png

3040718.001_1053big.jpg

The heat ex-changer don't last forever and it can be blocked and cause over heating issues. BA Segambut quoted RM300 new from BEHR

Opsss...i tot it was the ATF heat exchanger.
I think this 1 never been replace since day 1 la. Need to check mine too

Top Bottom