E39 - Manual Trans

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
paultantk;588873 said:
bought from this ebay seller Gripforce Clutches, this is the package with luk clutch set and a lighter chromoly flywheel. around rm2050 including shipping from US to MY + tax kena rm120 only.

took the car out from the workshop the past 2 days... the flywheel has some rattle but i dont mind the sound. the engine still not run in and the tuning is still out, but the car is quite zippy even at half throttle to a self-imposed 4,000rpm rev limit, NICE!

paul, is it normal to have that rattling noise? i just changed my clutch kit (LuK) and having the same sound as well..but if the clutch pedal is pressed fully, the sound goes away..so far it has clocked around 300km after installation

Normal, some say if you put one type of Redline oil for the transmission, it goes away. Mine also goes away when you push the clutch fully, it also goes away if i nudge the gear lever a little bit towards the 3rd or 4th gear positions without stepping on the clutch, nudge just a little bit, not until the transmission goes into gear and CRACKKKK becuase the clutch is not stepped.

I see..yes, it's the same for me too if i slightly nudge the gear forward or backwards from free gear position..hehe..im using Redline transmission oil tho..bought from Eneos..another thing, if i lift up the clutch slowly and rev up higher than normal (above 2.5k), at one point right before the clutch is fully released, there's a weird sharp sound like metals bergesel / gosok / rubbing against each other..no loss in power tho..checked with my mech he said the clutch is fine...still it worries me

paultantk;594812 said:
Normal, some say if you put one type of Redline oil for the transmission, it goes away. Mine also goes away when you push the clutch fully, it also goes away if i nudge the gear lever a little bit towards the 3rd or 4th gear positions without stepping on the clutch, nudge just a little bit, not until the transmission goes into gear and CRACKKKK becuase the clutch is not stepped.
It's normal for all manual boxes I guess..my m40 also rattled, my M30 rattling so loud that it can be heard by cars next to me at the red light!..btw could someone explain how "clutch bakar" happen? I replaced my M30 clutch about a year ago ( since she spent most of the time in workshop, it still considered new):smokin:but my mech said the clutch is started to 'bakar'/shown symptom of "clutch bakar"...why arr?...there is one incident where I stuck in jammed in MRR2 for hours and I smell something burning..

anybody hear of news of a e39 4.4 manual halfcut in Malaysia...? info dont want to tell may be he want to sapu for him self...

mrbig;606007 said:
anybody hear of news of a e39 4.4 manual halfcut in Malaysia...? info dont want to tell may be he want to sapu for him self...

saw one yesterday for RM16k complete..Jap spec pre 2000...

535i,
i have a frends want to sell his E39 530i with 6 speed manual build in super charged plus all the brembo brake all round and KW all round absorber.....dyno at 400HP
to let go...
How much this car can value ah.....?

pussy u serious ahhh...

e39 4.4 6speed manual halfcut ?

this i must see ......

dominic;607333 said:
535i,
i have a frends want to sell his E39 530i with 6 speed manual build in super charged plus all the brembo brake all round and KW all round absorber.....dyno at 400HP
to let go...
How much this car can value ah.....?
I am close - except for the manual trans - thinking of getting the 5 speed version if i dun sell the car

How much - hmm .. willing buying, willing selling i guess

535i;607403 said:
I am close - except for the manual trans - thinking of getting the 5 speed version if i dun sell the car

How much - hmm .. willing buying, willing selling i guess

5-speed tranny more reliable and cheaper to maintain than 6 speed's?

seewai;607449 said:
5-speed tranny more reliable and cheaper to maintain than 6 speed's?

it's the same, just that use the proper oil and change often..

any recommendation on proper oil?

i tried the Redline MT Fluid and its makes the box feels like rubbish...all gear changes feels like the box falling apart...now back to BMW oil and feels much better...

pussy;607480 said:
it's the same, just that use the proper oil and change often..

SilverBullet;595150 said:
I see..yes, it's the same for me too if i slightly nudge the gear forward or backwards from free gear position..hehe..im using Redline transmission oil tho..bought from Eneos..another thing, if i lift up the clutch slowly and rev up higher than normal (above 2.5k), at one point right before the clutch is fully released, there's a weird sharp sound like metals bergesel / gosok / rubbing against each other..no loss in power tho..checked with my mech he said the clutch is fine...still it worries me

Per your post in a thread I opened regarding short-shifter, yes, I have exactly the same gosok/rubbing sharp sound you described, but only after short-shifter installed. My mech also said everything is fine and yes it not only worries me but also causing ear-disturbance.

Curious, after carrying out a manual conversion, is it necessary for the car to undergo a remap? Perhaps to suit the manual setup rather than the auto?

Thanks for any feedback.

deep3102;631786 said:
Curious, after carrying out a manual conversion, is it necessary for the car to undergo a remap? Perhaps to suit the manual setup rather than the auto?

Thanks for any feedback.

Deep,

May as well add a SC since you are going manual.

Top Bottom