E38 self levering

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kennytey

Club Guest
if rear self levering of E38 feel bumping what should be replace? event if the S-EDC is off also bumpy, orviously something was go wrong!! do anyone experian this problem before, please share with me. the suspension was clean with no leaking, self levering valve was working when adjustment, so according to my owne research was the rear acumilator pump but not too sure so need advise. Thanks.

Kenny, you bought the 735iL? I guess it's time to replace the rear absorbers. I have a friend who took out the EDC and replaced them with Titans. He is quite happy with that.

that's might be a solution but if possible I will prefer try it on original spec first, I belive german guy should have some reason to design in this way.

Sure the originals would be good but they are expensive. The complete set of Titans cost less than 25% of a set of E38 electronic dampers!!! According to the owner, the Titans that replaced his 740iL electronic dampers performed better.

Thanks a lot Vincent, but I has been half way gone spending for the whole EDS suspension system repair and replacement work, so can't stop hear for others.

I will go for the rear pump replacement by this coming week. will share with your the result ones replace. Hope it's work!!! and according to research that should be the main key!!!

Accumulator (resevoir pump) replace new, but only slide defference. This time "ciaa luck liau".

kennytey;506665 said:
Accumulator (resevoir pump) replace new, but only slide defference. This time "ciaa luck liau".

kenny, how much does it cost for the accumulators ?

thanks.

Maybe you mechanic not familar with the SLS system. If all the hardware has been replaced then it must work. Double check the levelling switch which is attached to the rear diff. It may need some adjustments. Remember to use only Pentosin fliuds.

Last time my E32 735iL had similar problems. My mechanic replaced the levelling switch, did some adjustments, renewed all Pentosin then bleed the system and then it was working perfectly.

The ride was like on a magic carpet.

kennytey;506665 said:

Thanks Vincnt, thats good web link, the special fluid was being use , high low adjustment was ok, I will try a few more step if still not work really might need troble you lo!!!

Fluid flush from pump till the valve and also to the new accomulator, the valve was being service and clean, still no defference, and we also notice the fluid pressure from main pump was not enought, so next week will try replace the power fluid pump if still not work, than final should be the last item rear suspension, Because there is a small selve adjustment valve attach to the inlet of rear suspension which also control the flow of the fluid.

AAM;506710 said:
kenny, how much does it cost for the accumulators ?

thanks.

Hi not yet receive the acture bill should be around less than RM1k per pair.
If you don't mind use part maybe I can sale you my original existing one.
Because after replacement prove that it's nothing wrong with the pump, so I keep it!

These SLS components are pretty though and bullet proof. The problem is some mechanics don't know how to maintain or repair them. Some will tell you that fluids are the same!!!!! Just use ATF Dexron III or IV!!!! where you must only use Pentosin. Check for leakage and adjust the ride height with the car on the ground not with the tyres lifted.

kennytey;506730 said:
Hi not yet receive the acture bill should be around less than RM1k per pair.
If you don't mind use part maybe I can sale you my original existing one.
Because after replacement prove that it's nothing wrong with the pump, so I keep it!

kenny, I am keen.
pm me at what price you want to let it go, and your contact no. also.
if price is right i dont mine to drive down to JB to collect them.
thanks. :top:

alantiong;509042 said:
a new accum in KL will cost RM350-380

alan, thanks for ur guide.:top:

just want to know : are the accumulators for E32 and E38 the same ?

anybody......

hey AAM,The parts is different.. but the price is more or less the same.

E38 runs a 37211090631
E32 runs a 37211132043
Accum is the same just bracket different. U can check with Bomin Motor, the last time he charged me was RM 380 i think.
+6013-3669889 Ah Fai. U can quote my name. Just say Alan 5030.

alantiong;509299 said:
hey AAM,The parts is different.. but the price is more or less the same.

E38 runs a 37211090631
E32 runs a 37211132043
Accum is the same just bracket different. U can check with Bomin Motor, the last time he charged me was RM 380 i think.
+6013-3669889 Ah Fai. U can quote my name. Just say Alan 5030.

so.....can use E38 accum. on E32 using E32 brackets ?

thanks.:listen:

Top Bottom