E38 730i years 95

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Running costs of E38 740i

Make no mistake, the running costs on an E38 are high. I probably spent 100k plus in the 8 years or so of my 740i ownership.
With regard to the absorbers, IF you opt for the EDC (Electronic Damping Control) absorbers, they'll cost about 20k for all sides. I replaced all of them once but 2nd time round I just put non electronic Bilsteins on and changed the springs to Eibachs (which in retrospect, I should have done the 1st time round)
Apart from that, I spent money on CATs, and the radiator (which you should expect to do). They are also heavy on brake pads.
Gearbox has been relatively bulletproof with no problems in 180k km (though I have changed the filter twice)
Still on original air con compressor, though I recently changed the cooling coils.
Oh and I just changed the windscreen because the touch and go barrier came down and cracked it.
But all in all, looking back I'm pretty shocked by how much i spent in bit and pieces here and there, as I said easily 100k plus.
I'm looking to get sell it off if anyone's interested - its probably the best maintained 740 around, with the reciepts and full service history as proof.
Road tax for a 4 litre V8 is 6,500 p.a in case anyone is wondering :D

All 7 series cost a bomb to maintance no matter what model . . GO for it if you like it bro . . . I m currently enjoy wif my e65 which bought few months ago . . Took me around 10k + to service it . . Compare with ur e28 its a perfect upgrade . .
Pls post us the pic if u got it . . . Cheers

hello member!
get a a E38 that the previous owner loved and you will enjoy the E38. So far my E38 gives me nothing but pleasure. I drive KTerengganu to Shah Alam on average 2 a month.I wish there is no speed limit! It purrs at 160kph on the LPT ( do it after 6pm).
zameri

Go for the E38 728i - similar power and torque to 730 but more frugal on the fuel. Also the inline 6 will be cheaper to maintain then the 3.0 v8 and from the what I have read and heard, a lot more reliable.
I recently got one and I have no regrets. make sure of course you get a well cared example with service history and set aside some cash for initial wear and tear maintenance after purchase. Minimum RM5-10k

wow!!
thanks for the response guys..
ive been in love with that car but its like the maintenance is too high for me to bare!!
the roadtax is annually, but the contingency cash in case it needs somethin to replace is very2 high...
:) after all im only 24!! but i got a fren who wants to sell his immaculate e38 730i V8 for only 38k....
think ive to pass... :-( anyway thanks for the info guys!!!

PBB520;458614 said:
wow!!
thanks for the response guys..
ive been in love with that car but its like the maintenance is too high for me to bare!!
the roadtax is annually, but the contingency cash in case it needs somethin to replace is very2 high...
:) after all im only 24!! but i got a fren who wants to sell his immaculate e38 730i V8 for only 38k....
think ive to pass... :-( anyway thanks for the info guys!!!

Eeekk eeekk, 24 years old??

Top Bottom