E36 Affordability

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
please don't racun me la sirrrrr......i'm really new in UMD lorrr....hehe..anyway,nice pics..yep,i will never try to drive 325/8 hehehe..

assimo;353366 said:
please don't racun me la sirrrrr......i'm really new in UMD lorrr....hehe..anyway,nice pics..yep,i will never try to drive 325/8 hehehe..

haha, racun?? we are damn good at this...anyway good luck and take ur time in sourcing for a good car.. forummer 'venonh' has nice rare 318 manual for sale, all done up and well maintained...:top:

The newest e36 325 is already around 13 yrs old.I definitely don't think its a good idea for you to own one to use for your sales runs, especially putting 3500km a month.Unless you find a really mint condition car(very rare for a bmw since owners normally drive the living s*** out of them),you will find yourself having to work for extra sales just to compensate for maintenance and repair.

My suggestion is get a used Kelisa to do your sales runs,keep the bmw for leisure drives or drive to see your most important clients.

Guess our friend only have the budget for a car and also would like to achive his childhood dream of owning a BMW.. E36 is the right choice for him so guys.. lets help him.. it is not easy to find a good E36 considering the age of the car. I am sure many of us has gone thru the experience of sourcing for our dream ride.

geoffreylee;353420 said:
Guess our friend only have the budget for a car and also would like to achive his childhood dream of owning a BMW.. E36 is the right choice for him so guys.. lets help him.. it is not easy to find a good E36 considering the age of the car. I am sure many of us has gone thru the experience of sourcing for our dream ride.
Thanks a lot Mr. geoffreylee,yes what you said is true...i'm not shame to say this is my 1st Udm and i know the risk that i have to pay,but this forum really help me a lot to do a research about bad or good about this car.Thanks again,i will 'stick' here everyday...:top:

geoffreylee;353420 said:
Guess our friend only have the budget for a car and also would like to achive his childhood dream of owning a BMW...

great THIS is what everyone says when they put in the first leg to own it ( childhood dream).... but after several years ..when the second leg get a little bit itchy ... then POWER comes in mind ... ha ha ha

RACUN RACUN .....

anyway assimo ...take your wifey for a ride on a 6 potter and she will definately give you a green light .... hu hu hu you never know ...

who knows when POWER comes into mind, you may also be working in a much more power MODE ... just kidding dude ...

Cannot tahan already, so many cucuk for 328, aiseh, this saturday for sure will test drive and hopefully sign off...eheheh. i'm planning for very low installment and extra money can take care the new baby....hope so.....cannot sleep la tonite...

cannot sleep?? i had this feeling 5 years ago, when i was going to get my 328.. even now... haha

good choice mate...all the best

speedkill69;353688 said:
Cannot tahan already, so many cucuk for 328, aiseh, this saturday for sure will test drive and hopefully sign off...eheheh. i'm planning for very low installment and extra money can take care the new baby....hope so.....cannot sleep la tonite...

all the best dude ....

hi all.....
like to ask for opinion here.....
i a bit scare also after reading the first few pages.

if i manage to pay the car by cash...
how much income i should earn per month only consider OK to maintain the car?
(if i use the car 2 to 5 days per week)

thanks in advance..

hi sam1741,if you willing to pay cash,thst should not big problem anymore to maintain the car,even your income as low as 2k..(i believe you earn more than that...hehe)..well my loan process now got new trouble...must find the guarentor..arghhhhh...sigh

well... ashamed to say...
my salary is sub 3k....
but i m single and have no other commitment...

but i do put in effort to save up my hard earn money...
so now i able to buy the car..
but worry about the rest.. (maintenance....repair...;
roadtax should not be a problem if i go for 318... )

many non-bmw-owner think...
i earn so less also looking for one bmw
but owning e36 is always my dream since when i am a kid
and now i grow up... and the car become affortble..
i wan to go for it...
before i getting old and regret

sam1741: Worst case scenario is probably engine change. That would cost you about RM3K. If you can set aside RM300/month (RM3.6K/pa) then I say you are OK kua... Just my RM0.02 :p

Also after reading anxious' thread, I think you should appropriate about RM10K (depending on condition) to restore the E36 to reasonable working order, after purchase. After that it should be trouble free.

this duck guy ask question in 2006 until now got people answer him ah..

ICEMAN 13;353559 said:
great THIS is what everyone says when they put in the first leg to own it ( childhood dream).... but after several years ..when the second leg get a little bit itchy ... then POWER comes in mind ... ha ha ha

RACUN RACUN .....

anyway assimo ...take your wifey for a ride on a 6 potter and she will definately give you a green light .... hu hu hu you never know ...

who knows when POWER comes into mind, you may also be working in a much more power MODE ... just kidding dude ...

I have to agree, my girlfriend fall in love with the E46 328 (Japan spec) when I have her test drive one when we search for our ride.. This is what she said when she driving to KLIA "This is what I mean.. a BMW! ada power!"

Hahaha.. we didnt go for it as its way over our budget at that time RM180K .. I end up with a 318 and she didnt drive it since and said she is happy with her VIOS

Top Bottom