E34 1jz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anakin;474309 said:
Biar betul bro...dah test ke ?..coincidentlly, mine started drinking water already, need top overhaul...clutch oso gone...errm...:rolleyes:

memang dah test bro...engine very silent...macam bm gak...tapi power lain macam...:top: heheh

seech;473838 said:
Hey bro. Nice meeting you last night. Go for the 2J. Sure damn kau.... :eek:

thanks for the drive bro, it was quite a kick in da pants! 2j will definitely bring the house down hehe

fandango;474320 said:
thanks for the drive bro, it was quite a kick in da pants! 2j will definitely bring the house down hehe
Dah nak 2jz pulak...2 liter cukup laa bro..:top:

Vincent Hor;474304 said:
Bro, very neat work but should have sprayed the engine bay when the engine was out.

Thanks Vincent. You are probably right about the engine may. It does look a bit sad. Let me find some time to detail it and see if I can make some improvements to it.

fandango;474320 said:

No problem bro. Good luck with your car.... Go for 2J! Then I can test also. AHAHAHAHAHAH...:top:

bmchai;474329 said:
ermm.. the intercooler from where ar?

Thanks bmchai. Not sure where the intercooler is originally from. My mechanic sourced for me. I told him I wanted a black color one with the same size intake and outlet pipe size. Probably should have mounted it a bit lower as it is now blocked by the bumper but couldn't really lower it that much due to the piping.

anakin;474342 said:
Seech...berapa 'koyak'?...

Err.... final bill not done yet. At the moment the damage is 10k but I got him to do quite a few more things so hopefully it will not be much higher.

Project update:

Old air filter (from the halfcut).
2009_12020034.JPG

2009_12020040.JPG

2009_12020041.JPG

Brand new K&N panel filter just arrived by Poslaju.
2009_12020032.JPG

2009_12020035.JPG

2009_12020036.JPG

2009_12020037.JPG

2009_12020042.JPG

2009_12020043.JPG

After install there is a little more induction noise. Not sure if there is any increase in power. Need more testing. :top:

neat work ...seems like the foreman is good as noticed that the wiring looms is nicely packed and placed ...

great work ..and now comes the power .... have to let your monster pass when i see at the rear mirror ....

ICEMAN 13;475033 said:
neat work ...seems like the foreman is good as noticed that the wiring looms is nicely packed and placed ...

great work ..and now comes the power .... have to let your monster pass when i see at the rear mirror ....

One of my requirements was for my mechanic to make it look as stock as possible by reusing the ori wiring routings. He's pretty good at these sort of things anyway but I made sure that it was done. Am quite happy with the quality of the work.

No monster lah..... drive very slowly one... dun worry. :rolleyes:

ICEMAN 13;475033 said:

yeah...its a real sleeper...silent killer....i noticed it was even quieter than my m50 under 4k rpm...

seech, ur 1j is taken from which chasis? have u test the top speed?
BTW, its a really nice job man..

cham_chekala;475720 said:
seech, ur 1j is taken from which chasis? have u test the top speed?
BTW, its a really nice job man..

I thinks its from a Chaser (not sure as I didn't pay much attention to the halfcut.) Its a newer 1JZ as it has the traction control and the modified PCV valve.

Top speed? Only taken to 180. Estimate based on the gearing of the rear diff that max probably around 240. Should not be an issue getting to that speed but since I am no longer a young reckless driver :rolleyes: don't think I will be testing it out. Will verify if the 190 speed cut is working (I don't think it is but still need to try right... :wink:).

Thanks. My mechanic did a pretty good job. :top:

seech;475767 said:
I thinks its from a Chaser (not sure as I didn't pay much attention to the halfcut.) Its a newer 1JZ as it has the traction control and the modified PCV valve.

Top speed? Only taken to 180. Estimate based on the gearing of the rear diff that max probably around 240. Should not be an issue getting to that speed but since I am no longer a young reckless driver :rolleyes: don't think I will be testing it out. Will verify if the 190 speed cut is working (I don't think it is but still need to try right... :wink:).

Thanks. My mechanic did a pretty good job. :top:

aisey...forgot oredi. malaysian allowable speed limit is only 110km/h :wink:

BTW, most crucial thing is the twin turbo as its prone to failure. cuz mine had kong twice. and now fedup oredi. no choice, have to convert to single turbo...lol

great to see that... another 1jz on the road...
so how is your fuel consumption as compare to M50B20 ?

tkk;475943 said:
great to see that... another 1jz on the road...
so how is your fuel consumption as compare to M50B20 ?

So far about the same as my old M50B20 (which wasn't great to begin with....) but considering that the same amount of fuel now has 280hp :top:

So far have tried BHP 97x2, Shell 95, Shell 97 and just pumped V-Power. Any feedback from other 1JZ users on which is best?

Top Bottom