E34 1jz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kacman. Personally, having experienced the RB20DET (Not exactly the same as RB25 but close), I think you are better off with the 1JZ. 1J has more power and is smoother, cheaper to buy and should be more fuel efficient. But then again, the RB also has hardcore supporters who say that its better than 1J. At the end its up to you whether you want TRD or Nismo... AHAHAHHHAHAH

Seech..still regarding the engine mounting, if in future, we want to change the engine back to bmw, the ori engine mounting still can be use?
What about the long shaft, heard that it has to be cut & joint, if not done carefully, it will vibrate like hell!

seech;460331 said:
kacman. Personally, having experienced the RB20DET (Not exactly the same as RB25 but close), I think you are better off with the 1JZ. 1J has more power and is smoother, cheaper to buy and should be more fuel efficient. But then again, the RB also has hardcore supporters who say that its better than 1J. At the end its up to you whether you want TRD or Nismo... AHAHAHHHAHAH

Both carries strong credentials. I tested the car, a bit disappointing on the performance. My previous M52 works much better. Perhaps it was not properly tune, or mebbe some other reason. (250hp on engine/300++ nm shud be mantap la kan - rb25 spec). Owner says due to its oem turbo, but I begged to differ..

None of this would happen if my E39 was not smashed by some f****r last hari raya. Solded oledi :(

anakin;460334 said:
Seech..still regarding the engine mounting, if in future, we want to change the engine back to bmw, the ori engine mounting still can be use?
What about the long shaft, heard that it has to be cut & joint, if not done carefully, it will vibrate like hell!

anakin, engine mounting is still original and will still fit but frankly speaking this conversion requires that all of the old engine wiring and ecu to be removed and a lot of the other parts replaced with 1JZ so putting it back to a BMW engine again will take a lot of work as well.

The long shaft is sent out to a machine shop. Apparently they have a machine that will align the two pieces while welding. CANNOT be done at the workshop itself otherwise you will have a bad vibration problem.

Seech...seen one e34+ijz vvti for sale in mudah...very nice looking, asking price 38k nego, would it be better to buy this one and sell mine,or build mine from zero...jeng..jeng..

Another noob question..what about spare parts for wear & tear? easy to find?

Some updates.

Brakes sourced by Albert from WP Auto. Very cool pattern on the disc.
2009_10080133.JPG

2009_10080135.JPG

Intercooler installed. Going for the 'stock' look:
2009_10080136.JPG

2009_10080137.JPG

Updates

More Pics....

Car is almost done. Just finishing up the wiring. Can't wait to try it out......

Shot of the nearly completed engine bay. Wanted it to be as 'stock' as possible.
2009_10290074.JPG

Managed to modify the front slightly to accept the stock 1JZ air intake. Did not want too much noise from a cone type open air filter plus I feel there should be more benefit from a cold air intake plus some ram air effect at speed..... :top:
2009_10290075.JPG

I also wanted the wiring to look like it was installed at the factory so we are reusing the M50 wiring cover behind the engine bay and I'm also locating the Toyota ECU in the same place as the BMW ECU along with the box and all of the rubber fittings so that the ECU is kept clean and cool.
2009_10290076.JPG

Battery relocation in progress. Managed to get the stock battery wire and '+' terminal post for the engine bay.
2009_10290078.JPG

Got my old BBS RX wheels repainted also. Tried to get the color as close to Anthracite as possible. I think they turned out awesome!!! Now looking for some black and white or carbon fiber BMW center caps.
2009_10290079.JPG

Picture of my DIY boost gauge and turbo timer holder. Fabricated out of aluminum and wrapped in 3M carbon fiber sticker. Looks pretty good. Boost gauge and turbo timer from my old E30 RB20.
2009_10290085.JPG

Do you plan to install piggyback ecu or something like that? I'm sure you had it with your previous E30.. If you do, don't forget to dyno it coz we want to see the whp... :p

JPJ I'm getting my mechanic to arrange.

Piggyback? No lah. Wanted to keep it as 'stock' as possible. HAHAHAAHAHHAH....

seech;467278 said:
JPJ I'm getting my mechanic to arrange.

Piggyback? No lah. Wanted to keep it as 'stock' as possible. HAHAHAAHAHHAH....

Stock? Yeah.. right! :wink: hahahaha

'Stock' Toyota mah..... never said anything about a stock bimmer. AHAHAHAHAAHAHH

was planning on buying an E34 and converting to 2JZ engine, but after the stupid NAP came out about yearly checking for old cars and stopping imports of used parts, the plan is on halt (and crushed)..........

stormlcc;467537 said:
was planning on buying an E34 and converting to 2JZ engine, but after the stupid NAP came out about yearly checking for old cars and stopping imports of used parts, the plan is on halt (and crushed)..........

Yeah man. Make sure you vote for them again in this coming election..... I'm also wondering what's going to happen with my car but too late to change anything. Maybe can change gomen by then. :top:

Top Bottom