E34 1jz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yea.....its so claimed that the older versions 1jz cyclinder head flows better than the 2jz and proven on dyno as well......the torque of a combined 1.5j is higher than the 2jz,
but the 2jz can take more pounding....than the 1jz.....in stock from........maybe because of the different design of pistons......

and there are some saying that the 1jz vvti head with a 3.0 bottom the rating is higher than the 1.5j.....close to.....40kg.....when dynoed......well i havent seen this with my own eyez b4.......so i wouldnt really know how true this is......
any source to this.....? anyone....?

Some updates...

Fabricating custom engine mounting to the original 1JZ and E34 engine mounting location.
2009_09240057.JPG

Engine installed awaiting mountings.
2009_09240058.JPG

2009_09240060.JPG

Everything has been cleaned up before installation. All gaskets and seals checked for leaks.

Top view. Toyota radiator installed.
2009_09240065.JPG

why custom mounts? was told that one could get pre-fab mountings for 1jz into e34 from Thailand.

Bro Seech.. base from my experience.. i dont think your mounting cant last long.. my old one was similar to yours.. it will somehow bend.. so becareful

Thanks for the comments guys. My mechanic has done plenty of these already and no issues so far.

perharps...the sheet metal is too thin....from the previous mod....?

Mr595;457721 said:
Bro Seech.. base from my experience.. i dont think your mounting cant last long.. my old one was similar to yours.. it will somehow bend.. so becareful

Could be.. but from the picture i think its about the same.. hehe

bro jo.. was at the seremban 1j wshop.. dammit.. took me 40mins to find the place.. haih

mr595,its location is highly confidential.......not even gps.....could locate it.....lol.....btw what were you doing there......? more power mods....? :D

well it was no problem for me about the fabricated engine mounting when i went for inspection..

bro jo.. my aircon compressor got problem.. first thought it was wiring problem.. im in senawang for the moment.. so just went there to troubleshoot my problem.. since it was not that far

anakin. Puspakom requirement is that the car frame is not cut and welded to locate the engine mountings so the original 1JZ engine mounting has to be fitted to the original BMW mounting on the frame.

yeap....as seech mentioned and as simple as that......do not cut or weld onto the existing cross member,mountings or any other panel parts.......then you'll get approval......legally....

seech;457996 said:
anakin. Puspakom requirement is that the car frame is not cut and welded to locate the engine mountings so the original 1JZ engine mounting has to be fitted to the original BMW mounting on the frame.

i see....so seremban is your hometown izzit.....?

Mr595;457976 said:
well it was no problem for me about the fabricated engine mounting when i went for inspection..

bro jo.. my aircon compressor got problem.. first thought it was wiring problem.. im in senawang for the moment.. so just went there to troubleshoot my problem.. since it was not that far

seech;457996 said:
......so the original 1JZ engine mounting has to be fitted to the original BMW mounting on the frame.
Seech, could you post a picture of the complete fitted of the mountings?...for better understanding...:love:
Where is the workshop anyway, maybe I'll drop by:rolleyes:

anakin, picture when installed very hard to take leh. so many things in the way, can hardly see it.

The workshop is around the Jalan 222 area. I'm usually there in the afternoons around 3 to 5 to check on progress. Let me know if you want to drop by. Will PM you my number.

hai bro

WOW,nice work there..love e34 1jz

want to ask a stupid noobie question...how much did they quote u for 1jz soarer manual conversion,custom,labour n extra parts...exclude 1jz engine n parts...sigh!!still cant find a cheap e34...suddenly the price gone up..with bad conditon(interior,bodywork n engine tunggu masa je) selling more than 15k....must change my strategy or be patience.hehehe..

Guys, sorry if I stole this thread. What about an RB25det in these bimmers? Comparison I meant. Coz some1 is offering me an E32 with it. Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Guys, sorry if I stole this thread. What about an RB25det in these bimmers? Comparison I meant. Coz some1 is offering me an E32 with it. Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom