Fuel Consumption for e34 1jz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
j-E34;520265 said:
mine
RM100 city drive can go for 350-400km(not so jam traffic), 300km-350km(at least 3day approx 1-1hr30min stuck for jam in morning and afterworking hour )
RM100 hiway cruise at 100km/h-120km/h ----450km to 500km
RM100 hiway at 140km/h-200plus----300km-350km

beside ECU problem will coz makan minyak, turbine problem also.... when my turbine kong RM100 can go around 220km-250km at city drive

wat is the indication of a kong-ed turbo? i was told, a broken turbo will result in white smoke when idling.. similar to a borken piston ring in NA engines. mine is still no smoke. but mileage still haunting me. Where did u change ur turbine? CT12A also? both of them?

rizal_E34;521037 said:
wat is the indication of a kong-ed turbo? i was told, a broken turbo will result in white smoke when idling.. similar to a borken piston ring in NA engines. mine is still no smoke. but mileage still haunting me. Where did u change ur turbine? CT12A also? both of them?

If turbo kong-ed, u will surely know, because the white smoke is so much that you are embarass to even drive it:eek:. Anybody who is driving behind you will not dare to come near you as they will think your car is going to explode:heeeelllllooooo: haha... I had that experience once with my former Perdana twin turbo on my way back from Ipoh and everybody was looking at me with one kind of look:bird:. BTW, when your turbine konged, there will be a noticeable drop in power or boost.

Bro Azfar, actually turbo cars are not very hard to maintain if you keep it close to standard and change your oils frequently(abt 3500km to 4000km), it's similar to N/A cars.

i read thru some threads somewhere else, apparently 1jz is not too kind on FC. very rarely i can find good FC figures for 1jz. is this really so?

rizal_E34;521478 said:
i read thru some threads somewhere else, apparently 1jz is not too kind on FC. very rarely i can find good FC figures for 1jz. is this really so?

definitely you have to sacrifice FC for more power bro :rock:

I was informed today that my tank is actually 80L! duh! I suppose i could do 450km on a full tank. Not the best of figures but, its ok ;)

I also got to know we can run a max of 3.15 ratio on the rear axle. Im wondering if we can just change the final ratio. I dont wanna sacrifice pick up and mid range for higher top speed and better FC. Any thots?

Top Bottom