E34 1jz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Cressidom - 1JZ Conversion lates Pics

JZZ30 Soarer ECU plug pic

Clearance is close & new belts all around

Wah bro... why ur engine so far in front... ah? Not much space at the front for the radiator. Was a bit worried when I read that you were considering keeping the original bmw rad.... i think the 1jz rad less problems. Can't really see your intercooler in the pics. Issit behind the a/c? Quite interesting that you have a fan there. Can fit inside the bumper?

So when will ur monster be ready? Should organize a tt for the members of the 'dark side'....

seech;533413 said:
Wah bro... why ur engine so far in front... ah? Not much space at the front for the radiator. Was a bit worried when I read that you were considering keeping the original bmw rad.... i think the 1jz rad less problems. Can't really see your intercooler in the pics. Issit behind the a/c? Quite interesting that you have a fan there. Can fit inside the bumper?

So when will ur monster be ready? Should organize a tt for the members of the 'dark side'....

ya ya open a thread and organize TT for ger-pan machine member hehehe count me in..........:rock:

the...ns bimmers.....have tt almost every 1st and 3rd week of saturdays......with....mixed variety.....of bimmers......will keep updating for you guyz....feel free to join us.....if u like it......=)

seech;533413 said:

jo-e34;533486 said:
the...ns bimmers.....have tt almost every 1st and 3rd week of saturdays......with....mixed variety.....of bimmers......will keep updating for you guyz....feel free to join us.....if u like it......=)

bro jo,
why dont you organize, those ns bimmer have a convoy to kl ... i think alot of kl ger-pan will come along since a such 'big' event hehehe, count me in... will bring another monster out as well can't wait !!!

Seech, The BMW Rad had 2 issues (for me) one was size - to big, the other was afraid of the expansion tank giving way and cracks etc. So that's why I went that setup.
My IC is sandwiched in between IC and Condenser, yes Bumper fits in well.
The engine G/box can push back more if required but I like it the way it's now (toyota setup), this way I can get access to the back of the Cyl head/block and G/box top side nuts.

JO & J..yes agreed on the TT either KL or S'ban boleh, I expect to get the car either tomorrow or Saturday. I' ve to do some 'heavy testing'.

Cheers
Dom

go slow slow bro...................

Cressidom;533575 said:
Seech, The BMW Rad had 2 issues (for me) one was size - to big, the other was afraid of the expansion tank giving way and cracks etc. So that's why I went that setup.
The engine G/box can push back more if required but I like it the way it's now (toyota setup), this way I can get access to the back of the Cyl head/block and G/box top side nuts.

JO & J..yes agreed on the TT either KL or S'ban boleh, I expect to get the car either tomorrow or Saturday. I' ve to do some 'heavy testing'.

Cheers
Dom

will try and talk to our president.....unker......AAM........:biggrin:
usually we have mini tt sessions.....among members as well.......:burnout:

j-E34;533494 said:
bro jo,
why dont you organize, those ns bimmer have a convoy to kl ... i think alot of kl ger-pan will come along since a such 'big' event hehehe, count me in... will bring another monster out as well can't wait !!!

Cressidom;533575 said:

Cheers
Dom

Good choice with the 1jz rad. Less issues in the long run.

Mine is pushed back as far as possible.... Better balance :wink:

Make space for hydraulic fan..... More kau....

Good luck with the 'testing'. :rock:

Catch up soon bro.

Agreed on the rad. I wanted the engine as such for the access and more weight on the front wheels, traction. I've seen the Hydro fans fail before on my friends Supra with excess power. I did not want to suffer the same fate.

Testing is more to see that all systems are functioning properly.

We will need to catch up once my wheels are out from the shop. Need to 'compare notes'

Cheers
Dom

Cressidom;533644 said:
Agreed on the rad. I wanted the engine as such for the access and more weight on the front wheels, traction. I've seen the Hydro fans fail before on my friends Supra with excess power. I did not want to suffer the same fate.

Testing is more to see that all systems are functioning properly.

We will need to catch up once my wheels are out from the shop. Need to 'compare notes'

Cheers
Dom

I wanted mine as far back as possible for more balance between the front and back.... :wink:

Didn't know about the issues re the hydraulic fans. It seems to work so much better than the ori bimmer clutch fan. Very the kau kau...

'Compare notes'..... errr... u mean test power ah? :rolleyes:

Auto vs. Manual..... it would be interesting...

Good luck bro. Hope to see your ride soon.

My car came out of hospital Monday, so far so good. Nice power/torque, not used to so much power in the E34. Attached is my pic of driving at 60mph / 100km. RPM is 2200.

Cheers
Dom

finally.....welcome to the club bro.......every single cent is worth it.....:wink: 100kmh at 2.2k must be 3.91 ratio....:wink:
when is the house warming going to be on your e34.....? :burnout:

Cressidom;536562 said:
My car came out of hospital Monday, so far so good. Nice power/torque, not used to so much power in the E34. Attached is my pic of driving at 60mph / 100km. RPM is 2200.

Cheers
Dom

Thanks JO, Car warming can la...when want to TT ? Another thing I notice is this 1JZ manyak panas lor..Time to make some vents I think..attached pic of my diff info. Running on 3.46..just need an LSD.

Dom

ahhah...sorry bout the ratio....
yea.....maybe the mark2 has better ventilation......i noticed my half cut came with those after market hood ventilation......its true that its hot.....must pay attention on water temp.....get a few additional gauges.....for monitoring.....better be safe than sorry.....heheh....
how you settle the speed cut issue....?
TT let me ask that uncle when wanna organise another one....heheh

Cressidom;536604 said:
Thanks JO, Car warming can la...when want to TT ? Another thing I notice is this 1JZ manyak panas lor..Time to make some vents I think..attached pic of my diff info. Running on 3.46..just need an LSD.

Dom

Cressidom;536604 said:

Dom

Yes. 1JZ very, very hot. Even with insulation the hood is too hot to touch.

seech;536649 said:
Yes. 1JZ very, very hot. Even with insulation the hood is too hot to touch.

Actually mine with hood insulation is not hot at all. I always wonder what insulation I'm having as it came with the car when I bought it. It's basically some kind of rubberised foam. And interestingly my normal water temp ranges around 80 - 85 degrees which I believe is lower than most 1JZ:burnout:. So, I'm very pleased with my temp lah....:D

Top Bottom