e30 - Wheel Bearing problem or sumthing else ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mcdy

Club Guest
Hi sifu,would like to know what happen , when i jack up my car and then i shake my wheels its like shaking like something is worn out, does any1 here knows where to get this problem fix ? thanks

could be so many issues,hopefully the sifus can point it out..but, have u taken it to a tire shop to check it out or to a mech?without seeing hard to tell mate

sounds like a suspension component. check your suspension bushings.

A worn wheel bearing will give you a "woo woo" sound when cruising. It may get louder as you increase your speed.

i havent take it to the tire shop yet, just scared something big gonna happen.
no woo woo sound yet but still funny, my rims are tightly tighten and then i can still shake them... it happen to my kancil last time, wheel bearing issue. is there a cheap place to get it done or check up with pro help and cheap price ?

thanks

mcdy;314607 said:
i havent take it to the tire shop yet, just scared something big gonna happen.
no woo woo sound yet but still funny, my rims are tightly tighten and then i can still shake them... it happen to my kancil last time, wheel bearing issue. is there a cheap place to get it done or check up with pro help and cheap price ?

thanks

Wow, pro help and cheap price! almost impossible.

However, if you still willing to inspect it on your own, try this:

1. Jack the car where the suspect wheel are
2. hold the wheel at the top and bottom; try to shake it vertically (while pushing the upper part, pull the lower part)
3. if it have the free play, most probably the wheel bearing
4. hold the wheel left and right and try to shake it horizontally (while pushing the left side, push the right side) if there is a free play, most probably the bushing i.e.tie rod end, or it can be your steering rack!!

Don't be to scared, whatever it is and at what ever cost you have to face it. Better not be late. Yesterday at the Ibor Selatan toll plaza, i saw a suv with the front left wheel "CAME OUT" (yes TERCABUT from the vehicle) Luckily it is just right after the toll plaza, meaning that there are not at high speed. imagine if......

Hope this help

strider thanks, will send it to workshop when its out from workshop.
500 enuff or not ? broke already

mcdy;314113 said:
Hi sifu,

would like to know what happen , when i jack up my car and then i shake my wheels its like shaking like something is worn out, does any1 here knows where to get this problem fix ? thanks

Go to FD Jaya at Old Klang Rd, they can check for you on the worn out parts. Ask them to quote you with and w/o the parts.

Top Bottom