blistein absorber Good?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yup, appreciate some feedback too - time for me to replace my shocks to so your advice is appreciated! :)

Rastabimmer;492173 said:
Anyone can help me how much front absober Bilstein black for e30??

Rasta,
checked with my regular dealer in jln ipoh, kl ........Bilstein black ( not sure B4 or B6 ) about rm 350 , yellow one ( B 8 ...? ) about rm 800 .....per piece.

bimmerholic;496845 said:
Bro is that what you're using on your 39?

Been using B8/Eibach for my E36 & E46 & satisfied wt them. My E39 is using Std Boge/H&R spring combo which is quite soft. Plan to get B8 when current abs worn off so I can hv B12 setup which is B8/H&R combo.

InitialM, B12 setup with H&R combo? The Bilstein B12 is equipped with Bilstein sports springs already ..

Bimmerholic, if you do not want lowering springs, you could go for B6 and pair with your current original equipment springs
B6 = B8 (except that B6 for original height and B8 for lowered height of 30 - 40mm)

AAM;496760 said:
Rasta,
checked with my regular dealer in jln ipoh, kl ........Bilstein black ( not sure B4 or B6 ) about rm 350 , yellow one ( B 8 ...? ) about rm 800 .....per piece.

AAM, which is the regular dealer do you go to?

Boyeric;496991 said:
AAM, which is the regular dealer do you go to?

First Division n Bavarian Auto n occasionally Ortojaya in PJ

My mechanics supplier: Munich n Bomin .

ok thanks! good choice ....
Bomin is also the BMW dealer with workshop next to it ..
I am still looking for E90 drivers, who wants to buy B6 shocks from me ... any recommendations? Got stocks to clear ...

Boyeric;496990 said:
InitialM, B12 setup with H&R combo? The Bilstein B12 is equipped with Bilstein sports springs already ..

Bimmerholic, if you do not want lowering springs, you could go for B6 and pair with your current original equipment springs
B6 = B8 (except that B6 for original height and B8 for lowered height of 30 - 40mm)

they say that B12 spring is made by H&R

morpheus5039;497025 said:
they say that B12 spring is made by H&R

I see, probably you are right.
Me not too sure too .... thanks ya! will check on B12 later ..

Boyeric;497096 said:
initialM, you are Bilstein tuning distributor?

hahahaa no lar I'm just a poor guy lucky enuff to drive old junk BMW:listen:

initialM;497103 said:
hahahaa no lar I'm just a poor guy lucky enuff to drive old junk BMW:listen:

aiya bro dun ler say "old junk old junk" la....your "old junk" is infact one of the most immaculate rides we've seen k. Better than newer ones of the same model. Oh ya btw....correction not "poor guy" but "rich dude"...got deeeeeeeeeeeeeep pocket for WEEKLY mods :top: :love:

Boyeric;496990 said:

As a matter of fact, both my front abs are shot! I'm running on original BOGE with stock springs. Therefore now that the abs are shot, my front end have dipped so badly that only 2 fingers of wheel arch clearance. Running on 225/55/16 tires. The back abs are fine and the clearance is 3 fingers.

My intention is to maintain this 2 fingers gap when i replace my shocks. If i were to replace to new original BOGE, i'll end up having 4 fingers clearance in front and it'll look real odd from the sides.

Having said that, these are the following options that i can think of to maintain the said 2 fingers arch gap:
1) Replace front shocks to original BOGE or SACHS and pair it with H&R/Eibach springs
2) Replace front shocks to Bilstein B8 (short stroke) and pair it with my stock springs
3) Replace front shocks to Bilstein B6 (normal stroke) and pair it with H&R/Eibach springs (are these 2 springs are of the same height?)

And i believe B8 is monotube while B6 is twintube...correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.

Feedbacks please....thanks.

You want lowering, please go for B8.
For springs, you have to request the workshop to find a suitable springs that match your required height. Cause B8 is shorter stroke (you are right) for lowering of 30-40mm. Height of the vehicle is handled by the height of the springs.
B6 will not be suitable as it may the piston may keep hitting the top because of your lowered springs.
Hence, I have no recommendation on the springs. However, Bilstein factory's policy now is to push full sport kit set, B12 equipped with springs already.

B6 and all above are all Mono-Tube. Now most of the new vehicles B4 are also mono-tube as the manufacturer's required.
Please do not mix mono-tube technology with the B4 or B6 codes. They are not mutually related

B4 = stands for original shocks as per factory
B6 = performance shock, harder and better than original equipped profile but at original vehicle height (no need to change springs)
B8 = performance shock, same profile as B6 but required to buy additional lowered springs
B10 = performance shock, Wedge shape, 60 front/40 rear lowering ...
B12 = performance shock, B8 comes springs in the kit set already
B14 - B16 = height adjustable and hardness settings

Sorry, forgot to add, you want 2 fingers gap, go for B8.
For springs, you have to find lowered springs. However, my knowledge on springs is Zero.
Please check with your workshops.

Top Bottom