e23 owners..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Tts @ E23

Dear All,

Tomorrow evening will be a TTS for all at MMZ, Bkt Jelutong. Friday Nite, Date 9/3/2007,

1.ez77...kajang
2.syahruln...kepong
3.fai728...skudai

.....e23_728i, fomoco, M30revival, maccasel, ccl68, doc, AnilNair, whl, bal3056, lamoo, lawrence34, nemesis, cool728, nsbone.....what say u all???

Aiya.....did not visit the forum for a while already...i went for the TT though but did not see any E23s?

Nemesis...wow dangerous man..last time that happen to my other car also..lucky the end of the bottle has a plastic devider. Anyway i just change my brake fluid and my tie rods...so much nicer to drive now.

Oh yeah that little divider in the bottom has saved me a couple of times already.
Has kind of been ongoing as first got a leak on the right side flex line, replaced that then the left went. After that now got the caliper trouble, seems to be moving further along hehe.

EZ was trying to get me a used caliper but think had no luck, but fortunately AutoBav can hook me up just have to wait a week as they don't carry E23 parts on the shelf.

But kudos for BMW still stocking and able to supply parts for 24 year old cars...

Emmmm....Syahrunn & I went last Saturday window shopping the chop shops near Bt Caves, Kepong, Jln Chan Saw Lin etc to search for e23 parts but unfortunately we hardly find what we wanted most (plus Nemesis brake caliper)...I would suggest that we try to find out any e23 that broken/left-alone with/without doc. out there, then we scrap it down and store as our clans' spare parts rather then going to the chop shop and being smashed and slashed with the cut-throat prices that the qouted to us...any takers for this challenge???...or any of u guys have a place to do such thing?

by the way, we also have to generate a kind of fund to do this thing!:D

maybe we can all list down what we need and see what we can "divide n conquer" any poor e23 stranded at the road side or in some bushes somewhere... :)

Sounds like good ideas there, on the space front I have plenty up here for storage and also possibly for tear down.
For the who needs what list, maybe start a new thread we could add to?

The roadside/bush ninja thing sounds interesting too, just hope my car not mistaken for being abandoned :D

Oh and a big thanks Ez and Syah, for trying to find a caliper for me.

Angel...what kind of upgrade are u looking for? or do u mean the sort of upgrade done by the BMW company as the years go by since the first E23 made?

I cannot take the thought of scraping a E23 thought it might not be road worthy, but better be usable then wasted.

Anyway is anyone goin for the next TT? Hope there are some of u E23 owner goin for the TT.

Is a shame to part out an E23 as they are very much war horses and just want to keep going.
But to quote Mr Spock, the needs of the many outweigh those of the few, or the one.

If any TT's planned up here would definately attend.

when huh the nearest TT or we all convoy to Sepang F1 to see the race in Sunday...any takers?

Hey there guys... I always seem to be not around when you guys plan a TT, etc.. Anyway just to update you my 7er has now clocked up close to 300k miles or half a million kilometers.. Still being used on a daily basis, to make sure no gremlins creep into the system. Just came back from Penang and no issues cruising at 140kmh where I can... :D

A bit angry as a 'mat rempit' scratched the front fender when he crashed into it.. HAppened last Thursday resulting in the car spending sometime in the body shop for a touch up paint job and polish.. Can't imagine how bad the damage would be if I was driving another car..

These cars are meant to be driven regularly, doesn't like being kept and not driven.. Things go haywire faster, learnt the hard way..

BTW, scored 2 Corporate Box Tickets to the F1 over the weekend, should be using the 7er. Yippee...

Hi e23_728i :)

Can post your sexy beast photos? I've seen ez77 & pai's beasts... both of them are way sexier than mine... no time for cosmetic repair... hehe... after more than 1 year of repairs, still working on running systems. Need to find another diff (or LS diff) with suitable gear ratio. Now if I accelerate hard from a stationary position, I can feel the vibration from the long shaft. Usually, what is the ratio for manual e23 diff? I can't see any mark on the diff, so most probably have to count the gigi la to know... hehe...

Last week I took out the front bumper to replace the lip... whoa... all senget2 one inside... looks like my beast had previously hit an elephant and the elephant must have died on the spot... :D

Ez77, still waiting for the pictures from our TT with Pai :D when can upload?

2056854178_private_l.jpg

2055304243_private_l.jpg

Nice car :) Looks like many here have the wide nose one... hehe...

I used to have that kind of rims also with 225 tyres before having a "too funny" understeering experience while going up Genting. Now changed to 235r18 but still not enough grip :D

I'm now using 205 tyres, the Yokohoma C-Drive gives rather good grip.. So far no signs of wear yet...

Nothing much yet on the outside :eek: still looks like when I acquired it a year and a half ago except the wheels ;)

wat01.JPG

wat02.JPG

wat03.JPG

Nice and original ride.

Where did u get the wheels, as when I bought mine came with awful JRD wheels with appalling offset that dont really fit.

OK, my turn hehe, just a couple of snaps. As you can see from the pics is not ori colour plus previous owner(s) went crazy covering up chromed parts. Have been gradually restoring the chrome, still have front and rear bumpers, rear light surrounds and sides to do.
Fixes to date, passenger seat, motorized mirrors, speedo, blower fan and front brakes. Plus some niggly little stuff.
Love the car is still comfy fast and smooth.

Top Bottom