e23 owners..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I run my tyres at 35psi all round, and just came back from a quick trip north.
Basically went Nibong Tebal to Danok via Bukit Kayu Hitam, then went over to Padang Besar (Thai Side) and did a couple of circuits there. After that back to Padang (Perlis side) over to Kangar and Kuala Perlis. Next day back to Padang Besar, then Kangar, Changloon and home to Nibong Tebal.
I did all that on less than a tank, probably under 80 litres, mixed driving and 150km/h max which I thought was pretty good considering. Havn't had time to figure out the mileage as my odometer gears disintegrated a while back.
Usually cruizing my econo gauge is on the 6litre mark, but no idea how accurate that is ;)

My tyres all set to 38psi. No idea on its effect on mileage yet, no long distance trip for quite a while. Thinking to go to Penang, but not sure when... hehe got family to drag with me. Last time I took a trip to Langkawi, got a roadblock somewhere in Kedah. My convoy friend driving a waja behind me got stopped for 143km/h. But the police let me go ;) ... maybe because I drove slower than that even though we convoy together and he was always behind me. Weird eh?

I have been seeing more E23s on the road this days....there was one on the LDP i saw using 17 inch AC type 4 and very light brown colour. Then another one on the LDP also i think was using 18 inch AC type 2 rims...also light brown with a huge exhaust more or less like syahruln's one. Then today at TTDi i saw a black one which looks like syahruln's one but using 17 inch (i thought is was his car untill i saw that it was running on 17s). I used to see one everyday coming from the sunway side heading to Ikano's side( not sure where he is actually heading to) light brown with AC type 4

Wargh really? We need to bring a never-miss-a-shot camera with us then more frequently :) There used to be a maroon e23, standard rim near my home, but didn't see it anymore. I didn't manage to find out the owner either. Maybe they have moved.

Btw, my car is not yet black... it's still dark blue... heheh... I only sprayed the bonnet with fade black due to scratches and color faded.

I'm drooling on this kind of blue... what do you all think?

b7e24_1.preview.jpg

Maybe secret service / transporter black is better?

Would usually go for black, but that blue is sweet the gold Alpina striping really sets it off.
That spoiler a real must have.

Hmm no fancy color for e23 eh? :) So far I've seen gold, maroon, black, dark blue (mine) and striking red... still undecided though for my next e23 color. Maybe I'll just throw a dart to the color chart... but that is still a long way to go... heheh... still need to work on the gearboxes. Also, recently my long shaft also giving problem - my seat becomes a vibrator at 50km/h. This car really asking for a lot of attention.. :D

I keep teasing my wife I will have first pink E23 :D

Does the vibration settle down past 50km/h Syah or gets worse?

Whoat!?? Pink e23 with alpina lips? Heheh... do it man... I'll be there for you :D

It used to be only a strong vibration when accelerating hard from stationary especially when the car is loaded. Looks like the middle long shaft bracket was tearing apart, so I have it changed. Now the vibration is much less when accelerating from stop, but can also feel it when driving slowly until around 50km/h. At higher speed it is not noticeable. Any idea?

Hehe would be that super fuscia pink too.

Hmm mine has the vibration if I accelerate hard, once into 2nd gear is ok. I put it down to maybe needing a tranny service, looks like I'll have to check my middle bracket also.

My only feeling would be to check for any play in the universal joints, and listen out for any clanking sounds when the car down shifts.

Mine has a clanking sounds when it down shifts or sudden acceleration after deacceleration but my universal joints was just replaced.

I feel E23 don't really looks nice in black unless it has body kit, big rims and lowered.

I know the clank, I get that too was thinkin of different clank. If that makes sense:confused:

What clank? Is it from the diff, gearbox or the shaft?

Anybody collect nice e23 pics with body kits? I can't find much except the standard looking ones but there are lots of beautiful e24 ones, with lips, sideskirts, wings, etc. I wonder how much of this items we can use on e23 without heavy modification.

I think mine is from the diff coz my shaft has been fixed and the gearbox was overhauled.

Syah....i have a feeling the e24 can fit the e23...maybe u can search the dimention of the car or can get them custom made...the shop i get my audio done can make body kits...love his workman ship on the thing he does man...one of the best.

y'all, let go for small TTS wit fewer Beemer this Thusday....location TBD....got new freinds last Sunday....now no shy anymore....Syahrunn????Go-NoGo?

Thursday aa? wokeh... set the time & place... and menu, if applicable :D got calls from you yesterday but nobody talking maa.. what happened?

Just got back from Mka last nite, was thinking to stop by at Kajang, but reached there kinda too late so I just drove off to Kepong.

Any good news?

I went to a fiber shop in Kepong... but I think the price is ridiculous. Custom fibre for lips, side skirts, rear apron and wing, that guy wanted about rm2k. Heh.. better I go to Mike and get the metal ones instead.

I saw several articles in this forum that "dechroming" is bad for e23. Heh... any good reason? I was thinking making everything black for my car. All shiny black, low profile with black ///M emblem. Maybe will have to try playing with photoshop soon... heh...

syahruln;209049 said:
I saw several articles in this forum that "dechroming" is bad for e23. Heh... any good reason? I was thinking making everything black for my car. All shiny black, low profile with black ///M emblem. Maybe will have to try playing with photoshop soon... heh...

Well am halfway through re-chroming or de- painting, and am at the point where I am ready to choke anyone with a can of flat black paint. Personally I think it cheapens the look of the car, plus being so large colour matching the bumpers makes the car look bulbous.
I'm nearly done with the black stuff and gonna jump on the ten coats of paint my bumpers have *sigh*

Eh can get metal body kit lar?

hi..all e23 brothers..juz a question here. can anyone tell me the rims PCD? pcd 120 or 108 or others? wat offset can fit to e23?
Currently looking 17/18 for my E23. if u got extras, can offer me.

Dude...i wan to go TT...can update me ah? I think this will be my last time driving my E23 for a while.

Top Bottom