Dyno Day Anyone???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I already did my dyno so hope u guys don't mind me being a busybody to come and disturb :)

Just wondering whether this dyno machine is using a fixed rate roller or calibrated weight roller. A fixed rate roller has the same amount of resistance without taking into account the weight of the car. A calibrated weight roller uses a roller which is calibrated to a vehicle's weight. So a 328 for example will be given more resistance compared to a 318.

dan,

care to enlighten me what all this weight abt? I tot u just drive onto rollers, strap and gun the engine.....

the rollers got resistance one... if no resistance your car will fly out already

so it's either a fixed rate resistance or a calibrated weight resistance.

All rollers do have resistance, otherwise how would they measure torque and hp :)

But weight calibrated?? Dont think so...

Anyway its better than the single roller dyno you see at Millenium, N-1 and GT Auto. The Dastek Dyno is a twin roller....looks much safer to me! I have done dyno runs at both N1 and RS, both readings at within +/- 1%.

Everyone is welcome to kay poh....I also there to kay poh as I will be doing some dyno runs these weekend :)

Please put down your name if you can make it, if you are unsure please remove your name. If we have less than 10 members, the charges per run is RM80.

Time: 12:00pm
Venue: RS Impressive
Date: 16th Dec 2006
Charges: RM 60 if more than 10 members participating
RM 80 if less than 10 members participating

Confirmed
1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen
4. yeop
5. xxx
6. 2cents
7. donald
8. HellBoyz
9. vincent
10. Lionel
11. weechooon
12. AlvinKoo

Unsure
1. Euro_7

KayPoh Only

1. DanPromote
2. Pussy
3. Albundy
4. FabianYee

Confirmed
1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen
4. yeop
5. xxx
6. 2cents
7. donald
8. HellBoyz
9. vincent
10. Lionel
11. weechooon
12. AlvinKoo
13.GT-E34
Unsure
1. Euro_7

KayPoh Only

1. DanPromote
2. Pussy
3. Albundy
4. FabianYee

just kaypoo abit.. If when after dyno and the output is different when compared with similar model, how do you know whether your car is under par or the other car have better mod. Can the dyno diagnosted the exact fault with the engine.

what about fuel consumption? can they be accurately determine.. Sorry me relative new to dyno.

I hope those on "kayPoh" list will be on stanby basis, if less than 10 turn up, they can join in to meet the quota of 10=RM 60.00...hehe..

Ok tak all dear kaypochees??

wan520i said:
I hope those on "kayPoh" list will be on stanby basis, if less than 10 turn up, they can join in to meet the quota of 10=RM 60.00...hehe..

Ok tak all dear kaypochees??

Yeah that's a good one :p (back up :D )

wan520i, I have dynoed my car 6 times the last couple of months......

ALBundy said:
All rollers do have resistance, otherwise how would they measure torque and hp :)

But weight calibrated?? Dont think so...

Got la.. I know of 2 already, the dyno dynamics machine from Millenium and also the one at Links Auto.

sorry have to pull out forgot Im in Singapoo then...soli

Wan520i, dyno for december done already yesterday! Another 10hp increase with exhaust mod.

Dan, the last time another forumer dynoed his car at Millenium, I didnt see Joshua doing any calibration....unless the machine can measure the rear weight of the car and calibrate itself??

so guys, is the dyno day confirmed?..

like so quiet only.. silence is scary......

Yeah, its confirmed. Meet at Giant Bandar Tasik Puteri at 11.30am. Already made reservation.

Saw a Naza Bestari 206 with BOT yesterday, from 55 whp to 100whp!

Ok Albundy, you have a very good & valid "excuse"....,

Maka, dengan sukacitanya kereta tuan akan di kecuailikan dan di jauhi dari "Stanbylist", dan kereta tuan akan dikekalkan hanya di "Kaypoh list" sahaja.

Sekian, terima kasih. Jumpa disana...di sana....di...sa...na....

Sorry guys, can't really confirm can join or not..coz my car at workshop..Will join U guys if my car r ready by than...So sorry :(

Cheers...:cool:

Sorry guys, I'm pulling out. Have other plans this weekend.

Confirmed
1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen
4. yeop
5. xxx
6. 2cents