DIY Xenon Headlight Adjusters - Successful

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmer73

Club Guest
Dear All Here is my attemp of changing the headlight Adjusters without separating the lens.....

I can do it for you if you want to and i charge hahahah. not as high as some other people do..but the headlight will definitly work as it is suppose to....Good Luck.

Bro, can u give more detail when u replace the left side?

When u gonna to change the left side? Can i kepoh abit??

Can u show us the light pattern now (one is good and one is broken)?

Sorry too many Q.

can bro....i know my post a bit general..I will put a more detailed instructions when i do my second my second one. It was an experiment hence the post. I am planning to get the othe pair tomorrow. I went for a drive oh Man nomore shaking headlights. By the way the part is much better than the originals..more sturdier

Headlight adjuster

hi bimmer73,i have a same problem with my left angel eye.how much do u charge to fix?can i call u to make appointment wit u?plz give ur number or u can email me at samphoy17@gmail.com
tq.

bimmer73;456575 said:
can bro....i know my post a bit general..I will put a more detailed instructions when i do my second my second one. It was an experiment hence the post. I am planning to get the othe pair tomorrow. I went for a drive oh Man nomore shaking headlights. By the way the part is much better than the originals..more sturdier

Mike,
Another Malaysia Boleh! You are the MAN :top:!

sAmPhOy;456624 said:
hi bimmer73,i have a same problem with my left angel eye.how much do u charge to fix?can i call u to make appointment wit u?plz give ur number or u can email me at samphoy17@gmail.com
tq.

Can dude let me complete my other side then I can decide how much to charge.....will update once i have done it wanted to do it today but couldn't get the parts......and i also hope that all the headlights other E39s are the same--Hella. will pM you my email and contact

bimmer73;456670 said:
Can dude let me complete my other side then I can decide how much to charge.....will update once i have done it wanted to do it today but couldn't get the parts......and i also hope that all the headlights other E39s are the same--Hella. will pM you my email and contact

Bro, remember to post up the DIY by detail. :love:

X-benz and PCchua, where were your guys? I thought we are suppose to diy as well..

Again a step by step of my Left Headlight

1. remove headlights - 4 no. 8mm bolts located next to radiator and below balast
2. Low beam Broken adjuster and where the ball sits - Remove this item the ball holder in tis picture using the * screw driver and the longer piece using a no. 10mm box socket turning the manual adjustment nut black in color turning it anti clockwise until it is released remmember the position of the adjuster refer to earlier pics.
3. Hibeam adjusters are not visible. removing same proceduer as the first.

Remove all this items....to rmove motor please refer to earlier post.. and to remove all broken pieces shake the lamp until all broken pieces fall out after unscrewing them.... I can show you how the hi beam adjusters are position as it is not visible until you remove it. to remove it use the same method as the low beam adjuster..besure that there are no left over broken pieces left behind....

Bro, if u take the object pic near with camera, switch on the 'macro' function, the pic will be more clear..

The broken adjusters and the newly fitted one..sorry pics abit blur had to tahe up close without flash.... once you have remove all broken pieces and fitted the new pieces using the no10mm box turning the BLACK nut with gears clockwise do not touch the WHITE nut.

Fit the motor ball holder and the motor back to its position first. Then the high beam adjusters ball holder fit it to the adjusters an then screw the ball holder on.

then proceed to the low beam ball holder and lock the ball in to position. Once everything is locked in it is ready to be fitted back on to the car of course after fitting at the bulbs and bulb holders holders back on. The whole process is very time consuming. the first haedlamp took me 5 hours and the second one took me about almost 2 hours.

after fitting the headlights back on. wait till it's dark to manually adjust the lights position manually again using Only The BLACK NUT WITH THE GEARS there is 2 on each headlights.

your lights are as good as new no more shaking and droopy headlights. How long it will last I have no idea but I have accidentall go into pot hole today the thing is stiil intact.

P/S There is no stock for Adjusters the will only be available in a week or 2 if you need me to

The broken adjusters and the newly fitted one..sorry pics abit blur had to tahe up close without flash.... once you have remove all broken pieces and fitted the new pieces using the no10mm box turning the BLACK nut with gears clockwise do not touch the WHITE nut.

Fit the motor ball holder and the motor back to its position first. Then the high beam adjusters ball holder fit it to the adjusters an then screw the ball holder on.

then proceed to the low beam ball holder and lock the ball in to position. Once everything is locked in it is ready to be fitted back on to the car of course after fitting at the bulbs and bulb holders holders back on. The whole process is very time consuming. the first haedlamp took me 5 hours and the second one took me about almost 2 hours.

after fitting the headlights back on. wait till it's dark to manually adjust the lights position manually again using Only The BLACK NUT WITH THE GEARS there is 2 on each headlights.

your lights are as good as new no more shaking and droopy headlights. How long it will last I have no idea but I have accidentall go into pot hole today the thing is stiil intact.

P/S There is no stock for Adjusters the will only be available in a week or 2 if you need me to

I can do the job if anyone requires me to. Labour charge RM200 per headlight. parts not including. I hope it reasonable cause it very time consuming.

sorry about the blur pics...hands were dirty.....Those trying on their own good luck...

Guys after due consideration....to replace the adjusters....instead of RM200 perhead light. I will do it for RM500 with the part...Part Cost RM85.00 per side.

Top Bottom