DIY Oil Change for E90 320i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
racheltoh;342509 said:
Fabian, yes. my other half is on that forum.

Wllchan, i read earlier by astroboy saying that we should just follow the "standard". so no changing in between 25k km? so which is which now? how's yr car so far? i hope everything is going well. after i had my software upgraded or "adjusted"...my car is better :)

25k km is stretching it too long for our tropical dusty and humid climate... Look at the condition of the oil above at 5000km, how 'kau' do u think it'll be at 25,000km???

Rachel,

What upgrade? Tell me more la...I sending my car for 10k service next Monday.

So far, car is ok, except for some annoying sound, which i hope can be rectified.

Will go outstation over the weekend ..will see how it goes after the trip.

Cheers

2nd oil change at 14k km..

Oil and oil filter, "original" this time..
oil14k_10.jpg

oil14k_20.jpg

BMW Longlife-04
oil14k_30.jpg

My oil filters collection! The good, the bad and the ugly!
oil14k_40.jpg

Comes with the E90..
oil14k_50.jpg

Bought for my 5k km oil change..
oil14k_51.jpg

"Original"
oil14k_52.jpg

Comes with the E90..
oil14k_60.jpg

Bought for my 5k km oil change.. notice the difference from above apart from the smear printing? I don't..
oil14k_61.jpg

Notice the difference? Plenty!!!
oil14k_62.jpg

This gasket set comes from the 5k km oil change filter, its nice printed plastic with copper drain bolt washer.
oil14k_70.jpg

"Original".. :( which I dare not use.. :eek:
oil14k_71.jpg

Refreshment for the foreman while waiting for the drips..
oil14k_80.jpg

9k km mileage Q8 5W-40.. glad I listened to Blackie..
oil14k_90.jpg

oil14k_91.jpg

4L cukup wor :eek: How come ah? Blackie said 4.5L wor?! .. or should the indicator fill up the top right section of the gauge too? Rachel did ask the same question.. :p
oil14k_92.jpg

got refreshment served wor,.......the next H.H at your house lar, while waiting for oil change.

astroboy;357199 said:
4L cukup wor :eek: How come ah? Blackie said 4.5L wor?! .. or should the indicator fill up the top right section of the gauge too? Rachel did ask the same question.. :p
oil14k_92.jpg

Astro, run your car for a few minutes after poured in fresh oil, also drive your car for a few days & recheck oil level again.
Normally, after any oil filter changed according to owners manual, the required amount is 4.25 to 4.5 ltr.

mummygohan;357230 said:
got refreshment served wor,.......the next H.H at your house lar, while waiting for oil change.

MG, when is your ride due for an oil change?
Lets get some 6-packs and meet at Astro's "workshop" for some jamming.

BlackE90;357272 said:
MG, when is your ride due for an oil change?
Lets get some 6-packs and meet at Astro's "workshop" for some jamming.

maybe another 2mths, just service my car at Ingress during EGM.

BlackE90;357271 said:
.... according to owners manual, the required amount is 4.25 to 4.5 ltr.

What owner's manual? I search everywhere also dun have la! Like what u say loo... the Torco is super smooth! or maybe I switch from 5W-40 to 5W-30 kua... :rolleyes: :D .. when pouring out, it looks like chrysanthemum tea, if got bubble, then it looks exactly like our HH refreshment :top: :love: ...

astroboy;357349 said:
What owner's manual? I search everywhere also dun have la! Like what u say loo... the Torco is super smooth! or maybe I switch from 5W-40 to 5W-30 kua... :rolleyes: :D .. when pouring out, it looks like chrysanthemum tea, if got bubble, then it looks exactly like our HH refreshment :top: :love: ...

Astro, I have PM you the engine oil guide & owners manual. Check your PM.

Welcome to TORCO family, now you begin to enjoy your ride more than before, right?
No regrets for using TORCO. Do you feel like another spirited drive, this time you lead the convoy?

BlackE90;357355 said:
Astro, I have PM you the engine oil guide & owners manual. Check your PM..

I have the stupid manual la... but its for both 325/330 la! I think they didn't make one for 320i.. :( basket..

I have all the while a member of TOKKOK family... only now its official.. :p Rachel also is flowing a liter of our blood.. :D

astroboy...the N46 engine for your 320 requires 4.3litres of oil for refilling...i read it somewhere before...

I just went to AB Sg Besi to collect my missing headlight socket cover and so I throw my Sales Adviser a question, how many liters of engine oil does my E90 4-potters requires.. he said 4.2L.. :D Whatever it is, I will keep this in mind of whether 4.2L or 4.3L but so far my oil indicator still show "MAX", very sihat!.. :wink:

One thing to share though, my missy just drove the car and notice the difference in engine responsiveness with the Torco, she loves it! :top:

wow...ab your missy very experience driver..
i dont feel any performance improvement geh...

They must all be very sensitive drivers Rachel... I've been driving combustion-engine cars since the time when many of them were still driving pedal cars, but I can never feel any difference between one oil and another, or even between before and after oil change. :)

I went to club drive today.
I dont think the performance improve also..
I am still getting 14.5l/100 :(

astroboy;373218 said:
Oh no!!

Oh_no.jpg

Less than 3k km traveled since last 4L poured in.. :(

Astro, your car is in motion while you take the reading, . This reading is inaccurate. Take another reading the next morning after you have start your ride for 3-5mins.

If this drop one more level in next 2k km, suggest you do recalibration on the oil sensors.

IA did mine few days ago...the oil sensor shows the oil went back to max...it went down by 2/3 few weeks back.

Top Bottom