Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hello all..

I have a problem. Whenever I press the gas pedal, my fuel level will reduce.. depends on my driving style. sometimes finish faster in sport+ mode, sometimes slower in eco mode. Anyone can help me?

Aiyah.. :stupid:

Nightswan;812537 said:
Hello all..

I have a problem. Whenever I press the gas pedal, my fuel level will reduce.. depends on my driving style. sometimes finish faster in sport+ mode, sometimes slower in eco mode. Anyone can help me?

Aiyah.. :stupid:

This is so called Heavy Foot Symtoms. Normally happened to young blooded male driver. More prevalent when driving high performance car. Sorry there's no cure for this. Hahahaha

splee;812542 said:
This is so called Heavy Foot Symtoms. Normally happened to young blooded male driver. More prevalent when driving high performance car. Sorry there's no cure for this. Hahahaha

Splee, so u mean to say non 'young blooded male driver' dun have this problem ah? Very good lor if press pedal fuel not finish.. must be a hybrid thing.. Hehe. Should cycle more lah..

Nightswan;812545 said:
Splee, so u mean to say non 'young blooded male driver' dun have this problem ah? Very good lor if press pedal fuel not finish.. must be a hybrid thing.. Hehe. Should cycle more lah..

i disagree. it could be "young hot female driver"

honey282;812531 said:
Hi bros, anybody experience water dripping from the exhaust tailpipe every morning when start the car from cold state? Read that its due to condensation but just to double check if all F30s has such similar experience.

totally normal mate. some say, the water is so clean, you can drink it to fresh up your day :)

View attachment 29342

Found a bolt on the engine cover underneath the car. After some hard searching, found out that it was one of the mounting bolts for the turbo charger. I wonder what else is loose....or has dropped out.

hey guys, may i ask any of you know what is the email address to write to BMW Germany? would appreciate if you can pass it on to me, im wanna write an email to them to complain.

Been with my F30 328i since July 12, issues include:-

1. Navigation system not functional on collection. Had to return to have it fixed later..
2. Bulging GY RFT. Just changed 1 RFT last month, noticed another bulge 2 nights back..
3. Irritating carbon build up at tail pipe (just after 1 short trip) !!

The wind noise on my left passenger front seat is especially loud. I have not rectify the problem. Anyone out there experiencing the same especially 100km/h and above? Its more of like a histling sound

My 320d is also exhibiting some knocking sound on front right side when going over bumps. It seems to be getting a bit more obvious since the day I received the car. My car is only at 1400km now.
Is this the steering rack issue or the absorber problem? The sound I hear is very similar to absorber problems that I encounter with 2 other cars I drove before.

Worse now, after I sent my car to rectify the rusty seat problem. It seems that I'm hearing some really weird sound going over bumps. Its very soft and not audible in the mornings with too many cars around.
At night when driving over bumps or uneven roads, I hear some sound similar to bird chirping very softly. I couldn't rectify whether its coming from the seats or outside. But it's definitely from the right side of the car.
I'm not sure if this sound is coming from the seat not being tighten properly to the chassis.
I've tried getting out of the car with engine turned off and try shaking my car violently. No unusual sound from the absorber or whatsoever.
Then I tried to bump my driver seat up and down and no sound too.
Anyone had this issue? I've got a feeling my issue is quite isolated.
Thanks! :)

After reading this, I scared of replacing the seat pan. Beware one of my friend got lots of scratches on the side sill after the seat replace. Obviously lousy technicians just drag the seats out.

Wet carpet -passenger and driver side. Sending car to workshop on Friday to check. Seat frame rust

crescent;814602 said:
My 320d is also exhibiting some knocking sound on front right side when going over bumps. It seems to be getting a bit more obvious since the day I received the car. My car is only at 1400km now.
Is this the steering rack issue or the absorber problem? The sound I hear is very similar to absorber problems that I encounter with 2 other cars I drove before.

Worse now, after I sent my car to rectify the rusty seat problem. It seems that I'm hearing some really weird sound going over bumps. Its very soft and not audible in the mornings with too many cars around.
At night when driving over bumps or uneven roads, I hear some sound similar to bird chirping very softly. I couldn't rectify whether its coming from the seats or outside. But it's definitely from the right side of the car.
I'm not sure if this sound is coming from the seat not being tighten properly to the chassis.
I've tried getting out of the car with engine turned off and try shaking my car violently. No unusual sound from the absorber or whatsoever.
Then I tried to bump my driver seat up and down and no sound too.
Anyone had this issue? I've got a feeling my issue is quite isolated.
Thanks! :)

I too hear the sounds. I suspect that it the fit and finish being crap. Sounds like the plastic parts are squeaking... could be coming from the air-con vents (I suspect) as they are cold and subject to physical changes due to temperature drop. F30 feels and sounds so cheap nowadays.

TheTinkerer;814806 said:
I too hear the sounds. I suspect that it the fit and finish being crap. Sounds like the plastic parts are squeaking... could be coming from the air-con vents (I suspect) as they are cold and subject to physical changes due to temperature drop. F30 feels and sounds so cheap nowadays.

Me too, but very little sound spotted at right side front wheel. If I go slower through the pumps, no issue, if faster the sound will able to be spotted. Can claim warranty? Anyone able to fix it?

After 9 mths of owing my 1st bmw car F30 328i. it gave me unpleasent of ownership. I have own mazda, ford, hyundai b4. None of this cars give so much trouble as this F30. Current drive of Myvi & lexus none of this problems happened also.

1) Power window 1 touch faulty for driver side.
2) Turbo turbine faulty. when accelerate, theres some whirling sound.
3) Air-con blower faulty
4) Some other minor problem.

The only reason I can think of continuing owing this car is only the POWER. otherwise its not worth to owe it. No sunroof, no keyless entry, cheap sound system, engine v noisy.

i think this should be a sticky..... just to let you guys know the silver lining i got from this F30 is that i have managed to use x1, x3 and now f10, roughly in total is around 1 month.... my car is only 5 months old... :D

Top Bottom