Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
lazzydogg;822456 said:
i think this should be a sticky..... just to let you guys know the silver lining i got from this F30 is that i have managed to use x1, x3 and now f10, roughly in total is around 1 month.... my car is only 5 months old... :D

What are the problems u encountered? SC able to rectify all?

luckystarbmw;815525 said:
After 9 mths of owing my 1st bmw car F30 328i. it gave me unpleasent of ownership. I have own mazda, ford, hyundai b4. None of this cars give so much trouble as this F30. Current drive of Myvi & lexus none of this problems happened also.

1) Power window 1 touch faulty for driver side.
2) Turbo turbine faulty. when accelerate, theres some whirling sound.
3) Air-con blower faulty
4) Some other minor problem.

The only reason I can think of continuing owing this car is only the POWER. otherwise its not worth to owe it. No sunroof, no keyless entry, cheap sound system, engine v noisy.
My power window also used to have the same problem as yours. Initially, I didn't know it was supposed to automatically go up when we pull the lever beyond the first resistant point until I checked with another buddy and also the BMW SA when he send me back in his f30 one day. After I realised that it was actually a problem and just as I was about to call Quill to fix an appointment to get it fixed, the powerwindow strangely can work as supposed to be and it has been working since then. Strange that the car seems to have a mind on its own.

crescent;814602 said:
My 320d is also exhibiting some knocking sound on front right side when going over bumps. It seems to be getting a bit more obvious since the day I received the car. My car is only at 1400km now.
Is this the steering rack issue or the absorber problem? The sound I hear is very similar to absorber problems that I encounter with 2 other cars I drove before.

Worse now, after I sent my car to rectify the rusty seat problem. It seems that I'm hearing some really weird sound going over bumps. Its very soft and not audible in the mornings with too many cars around.
At night when driving over bumps or uneven roads, I hear some sound similar to bird chirping very softly. I couldn't rectify whether its coming from the seats or outside. But it's definitely from the right side of the car.
I'm not sure if this sound is coming from the seat not being tighten properly to the chassis.
I've tried getting out of the car with engine turned off and try shaking my car violently. No unusual sound from the absorber or whatsoever.
Then I tried to bump my driver seat up and down and no sound too.
Anyone had this issue? I've got a feeling my issue is quite isolated.
Thanks! :)

Like many, I faced the same issue with the knock sound going over bumps, it's from the steering rack, and it will get louder as you put on more miles. To replicate the noise, turn off your engine, then gently rock the steering off centre from left to right, and vice versa, you will hear the knock in its full glory. Even without turning the engine off, do the same, you'll probably will hear it too. Check out the thread on steering rosak. I have a March 2013 unit with just over 3k km done. The knock sound annoys the hell out of me but there are currently no fixes yet. Sad.

dw3550;822670 said:
Like many, I faced the same issue with the knock sound going over bumps, it's from the steering rack, and it will get louder as you put on more miles. To replicate the noise, turn off your engine, then gentle rock the steering off centre from left to right, and vice versa, you will hear the knock in its full glory. Even without turning the engine off, do the same, you'll probably will hear it too. Check out the thread on steering rosak. I have a March 2013 unit with just over 3k km done. The knock sound annoys the hell out of me but there are currently no fixes yet. Sad.

Since there is still no solution yet for this steering rack issue, I wonder whether I should send my car in for steering rack replacement. Currently I am waiting for the new steering rack to arrive.

splee;822683 said:
Since there is still no solution yet for this steering rack issue, I wonder whether I should send my car in for steering rack replacement. Currently I am waiting for the new steering rack to arrive.

Splee ... Like you said before. It's a UDM, enjoy the driving dynamic, ignore the problems mah. Why bother to change the rack when it's not a proper solution and the car is so awesome to drive. You gonna miss it so badly when it's in the SC

tIANcI;822689 said:
Splee ... Like you said before. It's a UDM, enjoy the driving dynamic, ignore the problems mah. Why bother to change the rack when it's not a proper solution and the car is so awesome to drive. You gonna miss it so badly when it's in the SC

But the sound is getting louder and too annoying and started to affect my driving pleasure that I expect from a UDM. How? I hate visiting the workshop. Wasting time and some more no lady SA to talk to. Sian ah!

splee;822691 said:
But the sound is getting louder and too annoying and started to affect my driving pleasure that I expect from a UDM. How? I hate visiting the workshop. Wasting time and some more no lady SA to talk to. Sian ah!

Dun talk like dat about UDM. Remember how you used to tell those complaining to just ignore and feel the driving dynamics.

tIANcI;822689 said:
The problem can't be ignored, no one pays for a new car with a wonky steering, because it's a BMW does not make it OK.

dw3550;822734 said:
The problem can't be ignored, no one pays for a new car with a wonky steering, because it's a BMW does not make it OK.

Me just reminding Splee what he once said to those complaining.

the hinge of the holder of the electronic driver seat broken after 3 weeks i got it back from seat pan replacement.

now the control panel is dangling there. what a quality huh?

jan999;823069 said:
the hinge of the holder of the electronic driver seat broken after 3 weeks i got it back from seat pan replacement.

now the control panel is dangling there. what a quality huh?

With so many issues encountered by forum members after changing their rusted seat pan, it makes me wonder whether I should send my car in for seat pan replacement.

Another problem occurs on my f30 (rear bonnet just open abit instead of open all after pressed open button wtf!!!

seenotype;823124 said:
Another problem occurs on my f30 (rear bonnet just open abit instead of open all after pressed open button wtf!!!

Try oil the locking mechanism and sapu some lotion on the rubber seal. Sometimes the rubber seal become sticky after hot sun.

splee;823140 said:
Try oil the locking mechanism and sapu some lotion on the rubber seal. Sometimes the rubber seal become sticky after hot sun.
I called the after sales manager and he told me might be the digital control board problem zzz may need to order a new one to replace it zzzz sux

seenotype;823150 said:
I called the after sales manager and he told me might be the digital control board problem zzz may need to order a new one to replace it zzzz sux

Which service centre ?

mizhan;823163 said:
my parking sensor is haywire.. sending car in next week. most annoying.

The type of problems are coming in fast. This is only a forum. Imagine overall.

Top Bottom