Car Jerking At Low Speed/Gearbox Problem?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
dzuljazz2001;826087 said:
Usually the main problem would be the faulty solenide ... hv tht changed and your jerks will disappear ...:top:..

Dzull,

Changing solenoid sounds serius bro....I thought this is a common error not related to any mechanical failure....Just firmware?

I just changed my ATF with oil pan... jerks still there.. (only jerks when about to stop).. anyone has solve this? some said O2 sensor, or need to reprogram the gearbox or change solenoid? and also share roughly what is the cost.. thank you...

it is the first gear shift....just go to Quill and find ricky do to adaptive transmission reset..Not just the software reprogram, but drive the car and reset at 2000rpm at every gearshift. The old firmware is badly written and it will stuck at some points. Usually at lower gear shifting...1st to 2nd 7-10km/h , 2nd to 3rd...30km/h, 3rd to 4th 50km/h.

When you drive your car like mad, then the old firmware will stay at mad map. It will not adapt to slow turtle mode.

Changing the solenoids will require a valve body/mechatronic dismantled . I did mine at m-scope Batu caves.

jwah;826404 said:
it is the first gear shift....just go to Quill and find ricky do to adaptive transmission reset..Not just the software reprogram, but drive the car and reset at 2000rpm at every gearshift. The old firmware is badly written and it will stuck at some points. Usually at lower gear shifting...1st to 2nd 7-10km/h , 2nd to 3rd...30km/h, 3rd to 4th 50km/h.

When you drive your car like mad, then the old firmware will stay at mad map. It will not adapt to slow turtle mode.

Thanks bro.. U mean Quill at pj near jaya 33 that 1? What is the cost like?

Don't know the cost, I didn't mine under BSRI. if changing the valve body or mechatronic...will cost you a boom about 7k (K&N Auto quots me before).

Problem, car jerk at 30km/h when slowly drives. car not jerking if fast mode.
Sent to Quill PJ do to Adaptive transmission reset and let the car learn and collect data again. It doesn't change the behaviour...but after few thousands km. The problem is back but not that severe. Recently, go to update the latest gearbox firmware....

anak sarawak.. can i get ah lai contact num? where is the location?
not sure where is the M power dowh..

Ah Lai is on the same row of shop as may bank Kuchai lama but facing the flyover. 0162128488 call him for direction ya. Good luck

m scope is at batu cave near to welly bikes
ah meng is near quick safe Subang

Just to update on this jerking issue. Went to K & S workshop in Subang and fixed it. Been driving smoothly for almost 1000 km till date.
According to Ah Soon, what he did was gear adaptation software update. Its worth every penny spent.

Darren Chew;854834 said:
Just to update on this jerking issue. Went to K & S workshop in Subang and fixed it. Been driving smoothly for almost 1000 km till date.
According to Ah Soon, what he did was gear adaptation software update. Its worth every penny spent.

Care to share how much it costs?

I have INPA with me and is able to do a gearbox adaptations reset. Done & driven for 500km no more jerks (mine jerks usually first gear upshift when drive slow). Those who would like to have theirs reset for free just drop me a PM.

Hai bro wingzee I need yr help...just to scan my e46...btw where do u live? I'm staying in klang

car jerking at low speed/gearbox problem?

Hai bro wingzee I need yr help...just to scan my e46...btw where do u live? I'm staying in klang

Hi, wingzee. any solution to help me reset my 323i

thx bro

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, wingzee. any solution to help me reset my 323i

thx bro

I am ok to meet anywhere around PJ. Please be advised that the INPA that I have is only capable of reseting the gb's adaptations and not updating the gb's firmware. Those interested we can organise a TT session for that.

Gearbox jerking are quite common nowadays especially for E90, this is due to dirt accumulated internally which will cause the solenoids to get clogged up, best to give it a throughout flush and make sure the firmware is fully up to date.

hi wingzee,
can pm me also, interested in the gbox ecu reset,
btw wat is INPA?

im staying in PJ too, pjs 1

DanzE90;854999 said:
hi wingzee,
can pm me also, interested in the gbox ecu reset,
btw wat is INPA?

im staying in PJ too, pjs 1

Gearbox reset doesn't help. It will be back pretty soon.
gearbox firmware update also doesn't help but it is smarter jerk less

You may also try to service the gearbox and flush the oil.
Buy original bmw gearbox oil rm121 / litter and a new oilpan rm256.
My car jerk a year found that gb oil leaking about few hundred cc.
So far few thousand km after gb service. Very smooth

Top Bottom